Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

hot moldovans w/ drugs getting married in miami seems extremely legit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

safely sodomized posted:

nola being hit by another Big One is still probably worse since the levees are if anything worse than they were during katrina

b-b-b-b-b-but what about the property damage in Miami???

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Most of them led Moldova for elsewhere in Europe years ago

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Clean your bathtub first

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

look buddy i saw eastern promises when i was 17 i know i thing or too about the mafiya

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/RyanMaue/status/905689235486887936

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Calibanibal posted:

yeah the reason florida existed up until this point is that it was a giant tangled mass of hurricane-resistant trees (mangroves, palmetto, sea-grape, cypress, strangler fig) deeply rooted into the sandy soil. the trees have mostly been stripped away for hideous condos and trailer parks so coastal florida is now basically a naked sand castle built on swiss cheese limestone

lmao it owns

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

safely sodomized posted:

that the most likely place for a bad hurricane being hit by a bad hurricane is the ultimate nightmare scenario is pretty uh bad?

this goes beyond "bad hurricane", this is gonna be a historic disaster

anything smaller than a SUV is gonna become an airborne projectile in the grips of the 40-mile-wide tornado that is Irma's eyewall, which will carry 6-foot storm surges into areas that are barely above water during high tide as it is

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Jose posted:

All really hot Moldovans except for the Irish woman who will be staying with us during the hurricane and has 500mg of xanax

Get wasted and sleep with the Irish bridesmaid. Grab an entire bottle from the bar. Go loving nuts!!!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
seriously, if you want to see the very proof of late-stage capitalism, there is no other place that frivolously demonstrates it well than the florida coastline.

That's why that meteorologist/weather scientist guy in that tweet is very grim, he knows that the coastline is sand castle buildings on limestone and people just threw sand there to build ontop of it, of which you literally have to build a bridge into the ocean to do so.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I hate to admit it but "we're not going to live through this hurricane" is an excellent excuse to score with a hot Moldavian bridesmaid

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

expect many regions to be infested with uncontrolled mosquito swams, gators and escaped pets turned aggressive with desperation, lawless groups of people having to scavenge to survive, oppressive climate, and unreliable infrastructure of all types

in addition, after the hurricane strikes, expect things to be significantly worse

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Looks like we have to shelter in place in Broward county about 15 miles from the coast. My wife and mom couldn't get ready to leave yesterday and there's not a lot options anymore

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Epic High Five posted:

expect many regions to be infested with uncontrolled mosquito swams, gators and escaped pets turned aggressive with desperation, lawless groups of people having to scavenge to survive, oppressive climate, and unreliable infrastructure of all types

in addition, after the hurricane strikes, expect things to be significantly worse

expect? this is an everyday occurrence~ This place is the Australia of the US

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Haiti, the Jose of countries.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

My dad lives north of Tampa and I'm worried about him. He spent the last couple days boarding up his girlfriend's mom's house and his second (rental) house, and has been boarding up his house today all day. He has a generator, stockpiles, and is accommodating 10 people in his house/basement. He doesn't live too far from the coast though (Spring Hill) and the area looks really prone to flooding.

This is going to be a huuuuge disaster

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Jose make sure you stuff lots of wedding cake into your pocket, as much as you can carry before returning to your hotel room

one of the bridesmaid can see this and will think you are a rugged survivorman and elect to help you take more cake as she can carry some as well, you can even ask her for assistance as an opener~

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

All really hot Moldovans except for the Irish woman who will be staying with us during the hurricane and has 500mg of xanax

that's def not enough xanax

to make it last longer make sure you empty out the capsules / chop up pills and snort it

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
My brother is up from 2 to 4 cases of bottled water.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Calibanibal posted:

yeah the reason florida existed up until this point is that it was a giant tangled mass of hurricane-resistant trees (mangroves, palmetto, sea-grape, cypress, strangler fig) deeply rooted into the sandy soil. the trees have mostly been stripped away for hideous condos and trailer parks so coastal florida is now basically a naked sand castle built on swiss cheese limestone

Disaster aside, that's really interesting. A peninsula held together by stubborn plants.

Slow Graffiti
Feb 1, 2003

Born of Frustration

Epic High Five posted:

have we heard anything more from DAD IPOD dude who was on St. Cruix I believe?

I have friends on St. Croix and they got through relatively unscathed. however, the cell towers just went down a couple of hours ago most likely due to lack of power on the island.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

My dad lives north of Tampa and I'm worried about him. He spent the last couple days boarding up his girlfriend's mom's house and his second (rental) house, and has been boarding up his house today all day. He has a generator, stockpiles, and is accommodating 10 people in his house/basement. He doesn't live too far from the coast though (Spring Hill) and the area looks really prone to flooding.

This is going to be a huuuuge disaster

a basement? in Florida? :stare:

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41192997

Good shot of the highway and why we were saying Jose needed to move three days ago

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
jose seduce the bride or groom if thats your preference

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
jose convince all the bridesmaids to lash themselves together to make a raft you can ride to safety

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

The power went out here in my part of Nashville for a few hours after the Houston remnants blew in, right when I was going to bed anyway. To be clear, I live in an area that's never had flooding. So I figure I'll make sure all my electronics are charged up with good stuff on them and that I've gone through all the perishables left in the fridge that might rot

Good luck Jose

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Nocturtle posted:

Disaster aside, that's really interesting. A peninsula held together by stubborn plants.

thats how a lot of coast lines are held together tbh. oyster beds too.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Nebakenezzer posted:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41192997

Good shot of the highway and why we were saying Jose needed to move three days ago

nice visual guide to hurricane categories that shows the water dyed red with blood by category four

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Main Paineframe posted:

oh yeah, I forgot florida doesn't do basements

man

that's loving weird

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

jose just break into the penthouse suite if the water rises too much

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Jose posted:

I'm at the wedding right now

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

oh yeah, I forgot florida doesn't do basements

man

that's loving weird

Digging down is poorly advised when the water table is 3 feet away

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Agean90 posted:

Digging down is poorly advised when the water table is 3 feet away

stupid florida people, why do they put the water on a table? stupid morons

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Let them eat cake...while in a state destroying hurricane

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

This is great

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Main Paineframe posted:

I've been in like two houses (out of hundreds) that have basements, they do exist

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Listen, and understand. That hurricane is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Weeeeeeeeelp

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Main Paineframe posted:

Also, a basement near the coast seems like a really bad place to stockpile your hurricane supplies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

The Glumslinger posted:

Also, a basement near the coast seems like a really bad place to stockpile your hurricane supplies

If only someone had let the Japanese engineers know about this prior to the Fukushima disaster, they could have found a better place to put their emergency power sources.

• Locked thread