Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

VulgarandStupid posted:

This just in: All of the FPP love is confirmation bias of having no MMR, not playing against rank chasers and massive amounts of AFKs. If you're saying to yourself "I just do better in FPP, we top 10 every time", here's your reason why. You're still garbage, and this is why KDR is the only metric to give you any type of indication on how well you're doing.

Welp there goes all of your credibility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Lockback posted:

I like FPP because TPP encourages turtling and that is the a not-fun part of this game. With FPP I have a shot bull-rushing someone up stairs and people actually have to put themselves in harm's way to peek around a tree. It isn't realism, it just helps fix one part of the game's risk/reward structure.

Are we playing different games because this is dead set incorrect, in FPP you should be getting straight fuckin murdered every time you go up a set of stairs someone is camping because you have no way of knowing where they will be looking while they know exactly where you will be every time.

FPP is still a good mode but it's much more counterstrike-y, in which the game is about twitch reflexes and how good you click on heads. This is fun but it doesn't satisfy me the same way 3PP does.

Molchane
Dec 13, 2014

Enkmar posted:

I heard he doesn't even use Vector/M16 combo because he can't get in the no sniper ElO.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Enkmar posted:

Uh oh, how am I going to run my boosting business without credibility???

https://rankedboost.com/playerunknowns-battlegrounds/boosting/

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

*kills fifteenth afk player in fpp*

"wow im really good at the hit video game PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS"

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
If you are still playing TPP, and aren't new, then just lol at you.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

UP AND ADAM posted:

If you are still playing TPP, and aren't new, then just lol at you.

Driving in first person in this game makes me motion sick.

Also I like being able to not get my head blown off because I decided to walk up some stairs.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Count Bleck posted:

get my head blown off because I decided to walk up some stairs.

If you have any inkling there might be a person up there, don't do this without expecting this result to have a decent likelihood of happening.

If you stopped at some random compound 3 circles in and there were no vehicles around, all the doors were closed and the guy just camped those stairs and got you then kudos to him for being super dedicated to the Hope Some Guy Comes In strategy.

Otherwise, you should generally have an idea when people are potentially in buildings and you can play accordingly.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i hate people who can just peek around corners in third person mode, which is totally different from people who stare at doorways in first person mode: the skill based mode for people like me.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Throw a grenade up the second floor. Doesn't even have to be a frag just make them run from the sound of the bounce. Smokes are good for this, make it harder for them to see anything for a minute.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Shima Honnou posted:

Throw a grenade up the second floor. Doesn't even have to be a frag just make them run from the sound of the bounce. Smokes are good for this, make it harder for them to see anything for a minute.
Pro tip from a FPP with > 1kdr
Additionally smokes make sound and are loud enough to cover footsteps or at least make it more difficult to hear them.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

hawowanlawow posted:

gently caress off already

No, it was a pretty lol take

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

maybe get out of your TPP habits of charging through every door/stairwell with reckless abandon and try a different approach to possible camping spots in FPP

edit: \/\/\/\/ :same:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

As an FPP player I am intellectually and morally superior to you plebeians that still play TPP.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
I like that there are different modes to play here in Brendan's Battlegroundz

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

The best piece of equipment in this game is an awesome pair of fingerless gloves that matches your duster.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

it seems exhausting to get upset because different people like different weapons/game modes but idk.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

BBJoey posted:

it seems exhausting to get upset because different people like different weapons/game modes but idk.

have you been to the internet

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
video games are fun to play and you should play them in the way that makes you have the most fun

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
If you willingly pick up a P92 instead of going out there with your fists if you can't find anything better, I want you to know you make me sick.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Shima Honnou posted:

If you willingly pick up a P92 instead of going out there with your fists if you can't find anything better, I want you to know you make me sick.

True combat only takes place between real samurai with Hattori Hanzo blades forged from one thousand layers of Damascus steel on the peak of Mount Stalber.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Quit getting mad about bideogames

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

instead lets get mad at streamers

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Black Griffon posted:

have you been to the internet

no it seems rubbish

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
FPP is also the mode for more skilled drivers. Just wait until they start giving BP for car jumps. Good luck landing that bike without your 3rd person crutch losers.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

BBJoey posted:

Planes bad

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

BBJoey posted:

no it seems rubbish

Solid attitude to the whole thing tbh

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Why are all the cool mid sized unique places on the coasts, it's really dumb. Severny, lipovka, mylta power, that place up in the NE, Stalber, firing range. It stinks!!

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
They seem unique precisely because they're on the edges. There's interesting stuff inland, you just see it more often.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Corbeau posted:

They seem unique precisely because they're on the edges. There's interesting stuff inland, you just see it more often.

Oh yeah speaking of- who here has noticed that there's a small camp site with tents just outside of the bunkers near the prison? I'd had about 100 hours put into the game when I finally noticed it.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Haha, that one is barely even hidden. There's another one overlooking the compound just north of pochinki :ssh:

e: I've lost my mojo :( I've been spamming fpp solos tonight because I'm rusty and I want to get back into it before the leaderboards are introduced and I came second no less than five times, feels bad

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Sep 8, 2017

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYcO2nTvrOA

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I wish it ended better but that was great.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
fpp is good if you like to throw up when you drive

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

We need to be able to stick our heads out of the window while driving in fpp because driving in the dacia or the uaz with a roof makes it impossible to locate airborne crates without stopping or switching to a passenger seat and spinning out.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

lol the guy looting at the end makes this really funny because he's an idiot

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
@PUBATTLEGROUNDS: New @PUBATTLEGROUNDS weapon alert!

After next week's update, Mini-14 will be available all over the island of Erangel. https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/906020825521831936/photo/1

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I know nothing about guns. Is that like a 5.56 DMR or something?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Parallel Playa posted:

I know nothing about guns. Is that like a 5.56 DMR or something?

Pretty much, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I mean at least it isn't crate only.

• Locked thread