Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The NPCs are gone from The Farm after the campaign?? I'm surprised they have the ability to do that. I wonder if you literally go to a different Farm before and after Campaign.

(Does Hawk Lady have a faction that increases in any way? I'm trying to think if there's ever any reason at all to go back there)

Hawk lady goes to the real tower, I bet she becomes legend in the bathroom closest to where the tier one bone krew guardians hang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
My favorite piece of flavor text is the "Hot Dropped" Titan mark that says

quote:

I keep a blue flag hanging out my backside
But only on the left side
Yeah that's the cryptarch side

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So what Halo game is this game rehashing

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
someone tell me about their favorite exotic and also maybe their favorite thing they've done in the game

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

eonwe posted:

someone tell me about their favorite exotic and also maybe their favorite thing they've done in the game

There's a warlock exotic chest that has huge wings on the back and when you jump and aim they catch on fire with light and you hover. The more precision shots you make the longer you hover.

With the preorder exotic laser gun you can hover for the whole huge clip looking like a boss while the pubbies go "oooooohhhhh"

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
So Bungie said they didn't know exactly what the Darkness was but at the end they show that it maybe really is those ships from pre-D1 concept art?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

How does double xp work? I mean, does the timer for say two hours stop when you stop playing or just continue non-stop from when you use it

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

That post-credits ending :stare:

I wonder what the raid is about, since it's clearly got nothing to do with the red legion?

Bungie subverting expectations by making the Sphere's timeless enemy a Cube Pyramid.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Virgin Cube and the Pyramid Chad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

There's a warlock exotic chest that has huge wings on the back and when you jump and aim they catch on fire with light and you hover. The more precision shots you make the longer you hover.

With the preorder exotic laser gun you can hover for the whole huge clip looking like a boss while the pubbies go "oooooohhhhh"

thats cool af

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I am nearing the end of taken king, haven't yet started on rise of iron. is it worth finishing Destiny 1 before starting 2?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I am nearing the end of taken king, haven't yet started on rise of iron. is it worth finishing Destiny 1 before starting 2?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

How does double xp work? I mean, does the timer for say two hours stop when you stop playing or just continue non-stop from when you use it

Timers from consumables are always in real world time. If it's the same as D1, a two hour xp boost will expire in two hours whether you're playing the game or not.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

PVP is such a miserable experience in this game that it's amazing to me that anyone actually becomes decent at it.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Terrific Accident posted:

PVP is such a miserable experience in this game that it's amazing to me that anyone actually becomes decent at it.

Be sure to grab your three closest friends and play Trials! Thnx

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Winning is the fun part. Eventually the SBMM will have enough data that you won't be getting rawdogged quite as much.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Winning is the fun part. Eventually the SBMM will have enough data that you won't be getting rawdogged quite as much.

what if i like getting rawdogged

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Not really but you're almost there. Waiting a day or two won't kill you and there's probably going to be more info out there. Do whatev.

Was an exotic given to you at the end of the Io world quests? If so I may have missed it somehow. I got a quest item that seems to be leading to that from the other planets, rat king crew for Titan, mida for Earth, Sturm for Nessus. Though I guess you had your pick of 3 early on when you got there.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

Be sure to grab your three closest friends and play Trials! Thnx

Gonna be funny to see feelings hurt and friendships ruined over who gets added to a regular 3 man

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

poor life choice posted:

Not really but you're almost there. Waiting a day or two won't kill you and there's probably going to be more info out there. Do whatev.

Was an exotic given to you at the end of the Io world quests? If so I may have missed it somehow. I got a quest item that seems to be leading to that from the other planets, rat king crew for Titan, mida for Earth, Sturm for Nessus. Though I guess you had your pick of 3 early on when you got there.

You get the NOT-Queensbreaker linear fusion rifle purple

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

eonwe posted:

what if i like getting rawdogged

[sound of HP Deskjet spitting out "HONORARY BONE KREW" certificate]

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Don't make my mistake; play in a team. You will (probably) not be good enough to carry three pubbies on your back.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Gonna be funny to see feelings hurt and friendships ruined over who gets added to a regular 3 man

I'm totally a fourth wheel.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they shouldve given me an emblem for getting carried to the lighthouse

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Bungie subverting expectations by making the Sphere's timeless enemy a Cube Pyramid.

Apparently they've had this planned since the first game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

But all the guardian logos are triangles! Noooo

Super No Vacancy posted:

they shouldve given me an emblem for getting carried to the lighthouse

It should be one set of footprints.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

You know what, fuckit, I'mma get this poo poo on PS4. I'm on there as WidespreadFrick.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

widespread posted:

You know what, fuckit, I'mma get this poo poo on PS4. I'm on there as WidespreadFrick.

It's insanely good

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Destiny 1 Trials be liiike:

Destiny 2 Trials be liiiiiiiike:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

RBA Starblade posted:

It should be one set of footprints.

I wonder how many goons had MrCitrus for their Lighthouse memory

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

el B posted:

Destiny 1 Trials be liiike:

Destiny 2 Trials be liiiiiiiike:

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Fedelm posted:

I see myself and other players -- and to an extent my three characters -- as living in alternate universes. An effect of our light is that we can see the alternate Guardians running around and sometimes work with them, but NPCs only see one (except for Shaxx, I guess. Maybe that's his talent). The Tower and Farm are particularly places of power because the sense of community makes our light stronger.

So you're saying this is the Dark Souls of FPS MMOs?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

eonwe posted:

Titan lady gave me Cade's pants. Being unable to ask why she had Cade's pants was the low watermark of the game so far. But then I met Failsafe and that was the high watermark.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You get the NOT-Queensbreaker linear fusion rifle purple

I got a Tarantula right before that, dang. I want to like the linear fusions but the OG ones are so good now.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

eonwe posted:

favorite thing they've done in the game
Threw my Captain America shield into like twenty fuckin' dudes. Like I know every Titan has done it but it's so fuckin' cool.

At 20 do we start seeing the more unique weapon/armour with mods and stuff? I'm almost done with the storyline I think and I've been using the same kind of stuff from 1-17, but the single exotic gun I got handed on Nessus loving rules.

Also speaking of endgame I checked out some of the armour sets and it looks like endgame legendary armour doesn't grant abilities or perks or stuff, just gives you more defense and stuff?

Pierson fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 8, 2017

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46234

clear your schedules this is what month 1 of Destiny looks like

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

eonwe posted:

My favorite exotic so far is the auto rifle-loading chestplate. I used some lovely blue AR and without reloading killed three dudes, then was ready to stomp them again without even needing to reload. My favorite thing is doing that, then using my mighty fist to shut down two enemies using their alt and having Shaxx blow his load over it.

I lost that game though because my teammates couldn't kill anyone and didn't understand what Control is, but it still felt pretty good.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Armor has mod slots you can put upgrades into that have various effects like better handling with energy weapons or shortening your cooldowns for your class ability and things like that.

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

Pierson posted:

Also speaking of endgame I checked out some of the armour sets and it looks like endgame legendary armour doesn't grant abilities or perks or stuff, just gives you more defense and stuff?

Doesn't look like it, but I like the freedom of what choosing what mods to put in. Void abilities cooldown on all of my voidwalker's armour? Yes please. Just need to collect a second set and plug it full of arc cooldown mods for my stormcaller.

Quick question - does anyone know yet what to do with the ghost shells that have a gunsmith telemetry perk for elemental weapon kills? It doesn't seem to give rep or anything at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Missions own.

Cayde owns.

Failsafe owns the hardest.