Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

lol this game is pretty alright but y'all are tripping over yourselves to compliment it does bungie read these forums or something

Also idk what games y'all played before but the graphics are pretty meh imo

It's me in that guy

We played a lot of destiny 1 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

You've posted this multiple times in the thread so far

We get it

Now shush and play the game with us

Dude I am where ya at? Also probably gonna get pop-tarts cause I'm a dumb goon while I butt chug some of this monster. WHO WANTS A POP TART BOX. How pissed they gonna be if I do 10 individual check-outs at the self check out

But really when do I get that sparrow 😧 I don't care to peruse slowly through everything taking it all

Fedelm
Apr 21, 2013

It's called Ursa Major, not Ursula Merger. And that's not even it. That's Orion.
Catching up on posts.

PringleCreamEgg posted:

The intro mission really needed to give a one line of dialogue reason why I had no armor or weapons cause that seemed silly.

This was answered but also: when I heard our gear wasn't going to carry over from D1, at first I thought the Cabal were going to attack and destroy everything while the Guardians were all taking a shower. Then when it turned out you were fully armored and fighting and then Ghaul kicked you off the tower, I assumed the descent to the ground turned you into some kind of meteorite and your stuff just burned off down to the last shader. You're lucky there was any armor left.

Father Wendigo posted:

Zavala: "So it is true, the light did return to you! That means it could return to... us!"

Failsafe: *BEEP* "Nobody point out the other three guardians in the fireteam or grandpa's going to poo poo his pants."

I see myself and other players -- and to an extent my three characters -- as living in alternate universes. An effect of our light is that we can see the alternate Guardians running around and sometimes work with them, but NPCs only see one (except for Shaxx, I guess. Maybe that's his talent). The Tower and Farm are particularly places of power because the sense of community makes our light stronger.

Serf posted:

I liked the whole intro section. It was cool to see the City up close for once while limping away from it. Really builds up Ghaul as a credible threat. The mountain part was less interesting, but lovely guns and no powers does make it more tense.

It was very moving and drove the point home for me. Beaten and limping away from my old home after having worked so hard to defend it in the last game. We could lose everything, at any time.

Even the new descriptions for my destroyed starting armor added to that desolate feeling. "These greaves are unused to retreat" or something. I was so glad to hear my Ghost calling me.

Skeezy posted:

Really cool how they import your old character but it’s not perfect unfortunately. Any idea if there’s anything special for an imported character vs a new one?

All three of my Guardians look almost exactly the same, except slightly angrier around the eyes. As though poo poo got real now that the Tower is invaded.

On a similar note, Ghost sounds kind of different too, like his voice is heavier and has an edge to it. Still humorous but less light-hearted, I guess? poo poo got real for him too, he really thought he lost me.

Yes I would like some fries.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I don't believe an imported character gets you anything at all other than the convenience of not having to make another one. I don't even think you can edit them, which is dumb. I don't mind progress not carrying over but would have been cool to get something useful like an exotic to show for all my D1 time

It's obvious they rushed it out the gate and we'll get more character customization down the line in the form of DLC

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

But really when do I get that sparrow 😧 I don't care to peruse slowly through everything taking it all

The quickest way is to do the red war campaign missions, if you go straight for the red cabal icon marked missions that'll get you the sparrow. The campaign is a tiny part of the game as well. Once you've done it you get your sparrow and the game literally gets like 3 or 4 times more content, all at once. It's pretty great.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Fedelm posted:

I see myself and other players -- and to an extent my three characters -- as living in alternate universes. An effect of our light is that we can see the alternate Guardians running around and sometimes work with them, but NPCs only see one (except for Shaxx, I guess. Maybe that's his talent). The Tower and Farm are particularly places of power because the sense of community makes our light stronger.

It's nothing that spergy, it's just a single player storyline and everyone else you see running around is a no talent scrub loving off doing jack poo poo while you save the universe.

And sometimes a few heroes band together to clear a raid or something.

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008
I had an exotic engram decrypt to one I already have. I thought they stopped this poo poo even in D1?

busfahrer
Feb 9, 2012

Ceterum censeo
Carthaginem
esse delendam
Bought the regular edition of the game today in a store, one day after its release, and it came with a code for the Coldheart preorder bonus.

Is this intended or did I receive a copy that they accidentally messed up?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

busfahrer posted:

Bought the regular edition of the game today in a store, one day after its release, and it came with a code for the Coldheart preorder bonus.

The store probably received too many preorder copies or had somebody cancel after getting their allocation. I don't think the distributor is making any special effort to ensure that only the worthy get Coldhearts.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Subbz posted:

I had an exotic engram decrypt to one I already have. I thought they stopped this poo poo even in D1?

Biased RNG. If there are exotics you don't have, their probabilities increase, but it doesn't eliminate any from the pool.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I preorded digitally on PSN. Am I supposed to have any items or anything?

Also, do the premium versions of the game (aside from Season pass stuff) have any *worthwhile* extras?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I got bamboozled by Kelloggs. I picked up some pop tarts for the XP boost and all I got was some points in their rewards program, no Destiny code.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Floppychop posted:

I got bamboozled by Kelloggs. I picked up some pop tarts for the XP boost and all I got was some points in their rewards program, no Destiny code.

There's a huge delay because it's manual verification on their end lmao. I read people have been waiting for weeks.

I saw this post on reddit maybe it'll help you:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6yodey/kelloggs_pop_tart_promotion/?st=J7AVWU8G&sh=e37d8828

Feenix posted:

I preorded digitally on PSN. Am I supposed to have any items or anything?

Also, do the premium versions of the game (aside from Season pass stuff) have any *worthwhile* extras?

Highlight the game in the PS4 menu and check add-ins. Should be listed there. You should get the pre-order bonuses? The gun and salute maybe some other poo poo? I pre-ordered on Amazon and had a code emailed to me

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Probably need to be 20. Didn't think about that...

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

busfahrer posted:

Pre-order bonuses that are not retailer specific are usually not actually pre-order bonuses. They're just included inside for marketing. See also: Day One Editions.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Pre-order bonuses that are not retailer specific are usually not actually pre-order bonuses. They're just included inside for marketing. See also: Day One Editions.

Pretty sure this time next year you'll still be able to get the Nier: automata day one edition

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe

Norns posted:

I bought this on ps4 because I have no self control.

:same:

Having not played destiny 1, I figured it’d be easier to get $ back from the console version if I don’t like it. So far... eh. If I could transplant Titanfall 2’s movement dynamics and speed into this, I’d be happier, but I was never a Halo kid.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Fats posted:

:same:

Having not played destiny 1, I figured it’d be easier to get $ back from the console version if I don’t like it. So far... eh. If I could transplant Titanfall 2’s movement dynamics and speed into this, I’d be happier, but I was never a Halo kid.

Yeah I keep trying to wall run and harpoon poo poo still

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I keep waiting for the Destiny 1 "cleekitty" sound after a Crucible Kill and it really bums me out that it's gone

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Did anyone else's imported character become a completely different race and look? In D1 my guy was Awoken with orange hair and now he is Human with blue hair.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

jabro posted:

Did anyone else's imported character become a completely different race and look? In D1 my guy was Awoken with orange hair and now he is Human with blue hair.

well hang on if he's got the trumptastic orange tan going on then he's just had his colours inverted

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Mazerunner posted:

well hang on if he's got the trumptastic orange tan going on then he's just had his colours inverted

:eyepop:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

moist turtleneck posted:

Yeah I keep trying to wall run and harpoon poo poo still

Moist bringin home the bbws from the bar

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Btw coldheart on a dawnblade with the hover exotic is incredibly fun. You can stay up in the air forever with the wings out stuntin'

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Requested to join the UK/EU PS4 clan, as Pictorial Gnome. If whoever is running that can accept me that'd be great. Feel free to add me if you're going to be on in the evenings a lot as well, really want to try and get the Nightfall done and hopefully the raid when it releases, if I can do it with goons, so much the better.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 7, 2017

Fedelm
Apr 21, 2013

It's called Ursa Major, not Ursula Merger. And that's not even it. That's Orion.

xzzy posted:

It's nothing that spergy, it's just a single player storyline and everyone else you see running around is a no talent scrub loving off doing jack poo poo while you save the universe.

And sometimes a few heroes band together to clear a raid or something.

Hey, whatever headcanon works for you. I just like to come up with contexts for everything. In fact I think that my own Guardians being the no-talent scrubs would be a great in-game explanation for my poor gameplay, thanks.

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Holy poo poo when you get to Titan, so pretty.

I originally came here to talk about stuff like that. The dark sparkly forest, the blue-green ocean with huge waves, and all of the centaur world (Venus x 1000), were so appealing. Are the Vex artists?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Full disclosure, I haven't explored all the patrol zones to the fullest, but EDZ is pretty big, yeah? Moreso than D1 Patrol zones, yea?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Feenix posted:

Full disclosure, I haven't explored all the patrol zones to the fullest, but EDZ is pretty big, yeah? Moreso than D1 Patrol zones, yea?

I think they're about the same size. They just feel bigger because they're new and bungie is all "no sparrow for you, fuckstick" until you've played the story.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

xzzy posted:

I think they're about the same size. They just feel bigger because they're new and bungie is all "no sparrow for you, fuckstick" until you've played the story.

Maybe. Could be. Maybe just more "organic" and less obviously a big "bowl".

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
The Farm seems like an utterly pointless space to have in the game.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
id really like to play this, namaste

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Old Swerdlow posted:

The Farm seems like an utterly pointless space to have in the game.

Agreed! I spent more time in the Farm during the beta than I did in the finished game.

Its existence doesn't bother me or anything, just seems like they narrative'd their way into a lot of design work for very little payoff.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I want my loving cold heart, gonna binge play tonight and hopefully get stormcaller too

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fedelm posted:

Catching up on posts.

This was answered but also: when I heard our gear wasn't going to carry over from D1, at first I thought the Cabal were going to attack and destroy everything while the Guardians were all taking a shower. Then when it turned out you were fully armored and fighting and then Ghaul kicked you off the tower, I assumed the descent to the ground turned you into some kind of meteorite and your stuff just burned off down to the last shader. You're lucky there was any armor left.

It was very moving and drove the point home for me. Beaten and limping away from my old home after having worked so hard to defend it in the last game. We could lose everything, at any time.

Even the new descriptions for my destroyed starting armor added to that desolate feeling. "These greaves are unused to retreat" or something. I was so glad to hear my Ghost calling me.

All three of my Guardians look almost exactly the same, except slightly angrier around the eyes. As though poo poo got real now that the Tower is invaded.

On a similar note, Ghost sounds kind of different too, like his voice is heavier and has an edge to it. Still humorous but less light-hearted, I guess? poo poo got real for him too, he really thought he lost me.

Yes I would like some fries.

I thought the intro was cool because feels aside, battle damage and seeing your stuff get hosed up is fun.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

They went on record somewhere saying the EDZ is twice the size of the largest D1 patrol space. Maybe if you include mission-specific areas.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

haveblue posted:

They went on record somewhere saying the EDZ is twice the size of the largest D1 patrol space. Maybe if you include mission-specific areas.

They are absolutely including every loving pixel in their statement.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Agreed! I spent more time in the Farm during the beta than I did in the finished game.

Its existence doesn't bother me or anything, just seems like they narrative'd their way into a lot of design work for very little payoff.

I'm surprised that they don't just have all the npc's be at both places. The Eververse tent just empty now.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Old Swerdlow posted:

I'm surprised that they don't just have all the npc's be at both places. The Eververse tent just empty now.

The NPCs are gone from The Farm after the campaign?? I'm surprised they have the ability to do that. I wonder if you literally go to a different Farm before and after Campaign.

(Does Hawk Lady have a faction that increases in any way? I'm trying to think if there's ever any reason at all to go back there)

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Is it me or is Devour completely, utterly broken?

Once you pop it, you either drain grenade energy and immediately restore your health, or melee an enemy and immediately restore your health. From there on out it's a 9-second persistent timer during which anything else you kill in any fashion restores your health. Oh, and the timer resets on kill.

In a PvE situation it's hard NOT to kill something on the order of once every nine seconds once major engagements start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The NPCs are gone from The Farm after the campaign?? I'm surprised they have the ability to do that. I wonder if you literally go to a different Farm before and after Campaign.

(Does Hawk Lady have a faction that increases in any way? I'm trying to think if there's ever any reason at all to go back there)

Hawk lady deals with clan stuff. Which currently seems to be not working correctly.