Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

the_american_dream posted:

Im starting to believe these odb in danger of playing reports

yea gently caress I have to decide tonight in ~28 minutes whether to keep him in my lineup or sit him for Tyrell Williams or Chris Hogan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Varg posted:

yea gently caress I have to decide tonight in ~28 minutes whether to keep him in my lineup or sit him for Tyrell Williams or Chris Hogan

Just wait until Sunday and make it either Beckham or Tyrell.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
For funsies I'm going with Dion Lewis getting the most touches tonight because *long paragraph of cherry picked "reasons "

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

pubic works project posted:

Just wait until Sunday and make it either Beckham or Tyrell.

well last year against Denver, Tyrell scored 2.8 and 0.4 points. so there lies my quandary

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Forever_Peace posted:

Well, yeah! Rex is a special teams stud, Lewis an explosive kick returner, Dorsett could potentially be on punts and Malcolm Mitchell went to IR so they need another field stretcher, White is an awesome pass-catching back and Gilly is a monster between the tackles. Do your job everybody!

Who am I kidding nobody knows the mind of BB
My best guess is that we are just going to see a lot of RB usage tonight. Amendola will play a little extra too but we're going to see a whole bunch of multi-RB formations out there. With Mitchell on IR, Dorsett brand new and the third TE inactive, we'll probably see Lewis/White spend extra time split out as receivers with Burkhead/Gillislee in the backfield. Bolden is active so they have their special teams player already and I don't expect Gillislee to see that many looks out of the backfield in week 1. Belichick was saying he still has a ways to go after the third preseason game so I'm thinking he may be a threat to run in a short TD but he probably has single-digit touches overall. So I'm still feeling Burkhead tonight and the extra snaps for Lewis/White as receivers will see one of them hit too.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Varg posted:

well last year against Denver, Tyrell scored 2.8 and 0.4 points. so there lies my quandary

Hogan could do the same.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Isn't there usually a GDT or am I missing it? Or is this it?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Oh god I hosed up my PPR draft. I have all WR1's and no RB's. The point swings are going to be legendary.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

scrubs season six posted:

Isn't there usually a GDT or am I missing it? Or is this it?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3833464

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Lol 3 RB's in first 3 plays

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Lol 3 RB's in first 3 plays

Oh 4 in the first drive

TD Gillislee, I told you idiots

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Super happy I have a league with Rodgers, Ajayi and Gillislee and I have to roll with Gillislee tonight.

:stonk:

Congrats!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
SUCK IT NON-GILLY HAVERS

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

SUCK IT NON-GILLY HAVERS

I was assured Burkhead would be heavily featured this game

Edit: also lol Charmander is going to be coming in soon if this keeps up

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
lol punched in the khunt

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
rip Kareem Hunt's job security

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

I was excited about khunt too. Not too late..?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Spoeank posted:

SUCK IT NON-GILLY HAVERS

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Glad I didn't throw in with the Dion Lewis truthers

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ummm I'm following a boxscore at work. Why is Hogan rushing more than receiving

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Yes my decision to start Tyreek Hill over Gillislee was certainly a wise one

gently caress

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Marcus Peters

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Gonna need Brady to score more than Kizer would've given me

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
THE FREAK

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Oh there's a gdt my bad

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Just traded Big Ben and Gillislee for Demaryius Thomas in full PPR :thumbsup:

Takes the sting out of benching Gillislee tonight.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

burkhead truthers how my rear end taste

Edit:
https://twitter.com/SammyReidFI/status/905973278291791872

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 8, 2017

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Veritek83 posted:

rip Kareem Hunt's job security

Sup? :)

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Khunt khunt khunt khunt!!!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
People are gonna drop productive players to add Alex Smith as a backup QB next week.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Congrats Gillislee owners on the 4 points you'll get when you start him next week.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

i'm v. v. pleased to be wrong.

Andy Reid is good and nice, he knows that one fumble isn't who Kareem really is

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

RCarr posted:

Congrats Gillislee owners on the 4 points you'll get when you start him next week.

All the goal-line snaps
All the short yardage snaps
More carries than any 2 other RBs on the roster combined
So

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Sep 8, 2017

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Veritek83 posted:

i'm v. v. pleased to be wrong.

Andy Reid is good and nice, he knows that one fumble isn't who Kareem really is

Hah I was just as worried as you were. He looks good though. Patient.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spoeank posted:

All the goal-line snaps
All the short yardage snaps
More snaps than any 2 other RBs on the roster combined
So

I'd love to believe you, as I own him myself. But we all know what's coming.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
:thermidor:

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Sep 8, 2017

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
It looks like Yahoo gave everyone who left a Miami or TB player in their lineup a 0 when this game started. So there's a headache to deal with.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Santheb posted:

Quoting this because I talked to the guy at work today. He didnt want to do Hunt for either TE straight up. He said he was worried about Mixon because of the "third string on the depth chart" thing. He said for both Hunt and Mixon he'd do either TE, but thats being a little greedy on his part I think.

Could we work out a deal? My WRs are sorta weak, I dont have much to offer him there. Evans, Watkins, Cobb and DJax are my only WRs, it might be better for me to keep an eye out for a WR I could trade for instead of a TE.

Ok after tonight I do not think I will be trading Mr. Hunt for any tight end. Though he came back to me later on after the game started and said he'd trade either TE for him, no need for Mixon :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Cue the panic from all Brady owners.

• Locked thread