Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Paper Mario? Not soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
Neurovoider is a pretty good twin-stick shooter, I think worth the price of admission on the Switch. It plays much better with the pro controller than with the docked joycons, but I would believe that of most twin-stick shooters. Item management between levels is fairly annoying but once you get good items and boost them (doesn't take long), you can really start to mass-sell things and inventory management becomes much easier. The three different "cores" really do offer different strategies, and the game has good replayability. I haven't tried the coop so I can't speak to that, but some people seem to enjoy it quite a bit.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

I concur.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

chaleski posted:

Paper Mario? Not soon enough.

:smith:

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

So LA Noire will have gyro and touch enabled but perhaps not the graphical updates of other consoles. Will be 39 on PS4 and Xbone and 49 on Switch

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

YYYYYYYYYYYeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGj8lPwOeKg

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Wut...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sequel to a really really loving good couch multiplayer game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSBkE_-DcBshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb2aMhRecMg

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

lethal league on switch would be dope because switch is the most convenient way to play local multiplayer stuff imho

that is, provided, you can use single joycons per player

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

XyrlocShammypants posted:

So LA Noire will have gyro and touch enabled but perhaps not the graphical updates of other consoles. Will be 39 on PS4 and Xbone and 49 on Switch

lol

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gal Metal is going to be GotY

Key words for the project include "metal drumming," "teen sci-fi comics," and "high school girls."

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

Gal Metal is going to be GotY

Key words for the project include "metal drumming," "teen sci-fi comics," and "high school girls."

tell me more

no literally tell me more i haven't heard of this what is this i'm interested

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kaubocks posted:

tell me more

no literally tell me more i haven't heard of this what is this i'm interested

They just announced it, there isn't any more. Except for this teaser trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrlMxtLPiCI

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

goty

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
welp, stopped playing rabbits completely thanks to lego worlds.... its perfect on the switch

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

^ Too bad I have zero imagination, or I'd consider it.

Neurovoider, yes/no?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

Looking forward to the inevitable Joycon-sent-flying-through-the-tv videos

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Mister Facetious posted:

^ Too bad I have zero imagination, or I'd consider it.

Neurovoider, yes/no?

It's pretty good and if you have a couple of irl friends who love twin stick shooters it's a no brainer, but if you're on the fence/strapped for cash just wait for enter the gungeon instead

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

I keep hearing Lego Worlds is poo poo so is it poo poo or what

Is exploration still hidden behind random keys or whatever

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

XyrlocShammypants posted:

I keep hearing Lego Worlds is poo poo so is it poo poo or what

Is exploration still hidden behind random keys or whatever

nah there is a completely open mode now, but i prefer the railroaded style. its not a 60 dollar game but for 30 its pretty rad and fun and i love legos

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Infinitum posted:

YYYYYYYYYYYeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGj8lPwOeKg

I'm in the raised eyebrow phase of vince.gif.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I was fine with LA Noir up until the main character cheated on his wife at seemingly random. It was one of the first times I felt like all of my agency over my player character had been straight up defiled.

Also the trash rear end ending and last act in general

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Please don't link Markiplier in this hallowed ground.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
ARMS 3.0 is adding button mapping, for the handful of people who still play it :(

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I was fine with LA Noir up until the main character cheated on his wife at seemingly random. It was one of the first times I felt like all of my agency over my player character had been straight up defiled.

The ending could have been redeemed by the game giving you a flamethrower to replay regular cases with.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Every interrogation scene is like Maximillian Schell cross-examining Judy Garland. The only likeable characters are maybe the coroner and the Arson partner.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Night Blade posted:

Please don't link Markiplier in this hallowed ground.

Markiplier is a nice lad

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Macaluso posted:

Markiplier is a nice lad

No thank you forced laughing man who's constantly surprised and can't stop yelling

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Junkie Disease posted:

No thank you forced laughing man who's constantly surprised and can't stop yelling

My god you just cracked the Youtubers secret code... it all makes sense now..

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The one time I felt like this was the second book of the Warded Man saga, Desert Spear. The guy changes characters and perspective completely and now the main character is a dude who commits genocide through mass murder and forced child births with conquering males. The author has a weird rape fetish and clearly models certain people in his book after real world populations. I don't think any female characters escape rape it's that bad.

I can see characters being imperfect or even having a poor moral compass, but out of the blue changes in tone and action is really off putting

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Boo you can't link an Aussie Paypal account to a US eShop account to bypass adding credits via giftcards

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I was fine with LA Noir up until the main character cheated on his wife at seemingly random.

My friend and I played through this together and he played while I watched it the whole time and this happened right out of left field and we were like... "What?" It makes no god drat sense at all and is terrible.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LA Noire sucks big moose.

Thanks for reading.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Any reason why my right Joycon either

A: dies so quickly
B: doesn't charge much when connected to the switch and in the dock
C: doesn't charge at all?

It's infuriating when I put it down for the night and the next day the left one is at 100% and this one's at 35%

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Junkie Disease posted:

Compared to most youtubers that makes him a saint

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

For those of you who wanted to get the Splatoon 2 Switch bundle, just picked one up at the local Walmart, I guess there wasn't a lot of hype about this one as I was the only one there and they had at least 6-7 of them in the case. The guy in the electronics section didn't even seem to be aware that they had them when I called to ask yesterday. Wouldn't expect there to be any left by the end of the day, though.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

welp, stopped playing rabbits completely thanks to lego worlds.... its perfect on the switch

Same here. The resolution is sub 720p in portable mode (even the menus) but after like ten minutes I didn't even care. I haven't touched Splatoon 2 or Rabbids since Lego Worlds dropped.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

https://i.imgur.com/V3gUbtm.gifv

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

lelandjs posted:

I haven't touched Splatoon 2 or Rabbids since Lego Worlds dropped.

not_sure_if.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Overcooked patch is now out. Maybe I can finally beat the DLC stages.

https://www.team17.com/overcooked-special-edition-updated-nintendo-switch/

• Locked thread