Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Do the drat thang Dave! We're all counting on you :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
That travelodge looks nice for 66 bucks.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Elephanthead posted:

That travelodge looks nice for 66 bucks.

Yep just waiting to hear from 14 if he wants to stay tonight

Edit: got 14 a room at Travelodge

everdave fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Sep 7, 2017

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
They have a stage coach I hope he was nice to the horses.

https://northplatte.craigslist.org/cto/d/1995-honda-civic/6291432781.html

It is too bad driving is out this looks like a jewel.

Elephanthead fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Sep 7, 2017

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Just sent everdave a PM but if someone else is the hub of communications, please send me a PM? I'm in the Denver area and can probably help. Thanks.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Will check PM and get back to you but yes we need someone closer to help thank you!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There's a nonzero chance that dave's stuff followed him to Denver (on a later bus) and is still there.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
There is a Denver goon willing to go get Dave and take him to Valentine

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Now all we need is a 2nd crazy person to ride the bike from Denver to Nebraska.

Edit: or that ^

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dave's plan was to camp in the field in Valentine though, right? He still needs gear for that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You know if this had happened one week sooner I'd have been on my way to Nebraska. I had a whole loving week off and I did fuckall with it.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

I think I read there was some camping gear in the cargo but definitely not enough cold weather stuff later in the year and that it was rather spartan in most other respects

E. And I sort of remember a there was an old van or whatever near the truck that could be used as long-time shelter while building the trukk so no tent would be required. Could be way off though

Old Binsby fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Sep 8, 2017

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I have texted 14 and Tremek the Denver goon has his # haven't heard back from 14 he may be asleep at hotel

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The van they pulled the motor from is there and I think Dave was planning on sleeping inside it during the harsher nights.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah winter is coming, but right now it's september, I think 14 would have quite a long while before he needs to start worrying about snow, right? Ideally the trukk could be resurrected with a couple weeks' work?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah winter is coming, but right now it's september, I think 14 would have quite a long while before he needs to start worrying about snow, right? Ideally the trukk could be resurrected with a couple weeks' work?

Well Sims is heading to the truck soon (unless Irma carries him off to Narnia) so I assume there will be options. And I'm fairly certain they intend to take Dave with them when they go back to Florida.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

everdave posted:

I have texted 14 and Tremek the Denver goon has his # haven't heard back from 14 he may be asleep at hotel experimenting with roadside datura :shroom:.

Let's hope not though.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Came to this thread because Det posted in the Nebraska thread. Glad to see someone from Denver's offering to go out there; if I didn't have to work all weekend...

RE: snow — wintery weather in that part of the state in early October is not unheard of, but he's probably fine.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Leperflesh posted:

Just a note, it's already dipping into the 40's at night.

Winter in the upper Midwest does not gently caress around. We'll have snow is six weeks.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 8, 2017

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Leperflesh posted:

Average lows from mid october are around the freezing point, which makes for lovely nights if all you have is a decent-ish summer sleeping bag. But that's still a little while off, true.

cakesmith handyman posted:

> open grey square case

The door won't budge. You give it a kick but it seems really solid.

The rumbling stops swelling and then recedes. When it's almost gone you seem to hear something. It's faint but not a whisper, rather like a booming voice at great distance
"...meet again... run along now, mad mechanic"
--but you might have imagined it.

> You injured your hip, incurring a mobility penalty

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

That said, I just realized that I've got a brand new 0 degree rated mummy bag sitting in my closet that I'd be happy to donate to the cause once Dave hits Valentine and has an address to be shipped to. It's doing me no good (I'm too tall for it), so might as well go to someone who can use it.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Rhyno posted:

Well Sims is heading to the truck soon (unless Irma carries him off to Narnia) so I assume there will be options. And I'm fairly certain they intend to take Dave with them when they go back to Florida.

Yeah, assuming my poo poo doesn't get wrecked by the impending doom storm, I'll be heading out there soon-ish. Unfortunately that means the end of October, but hopefully we get enough supplies camping stuff, etc, to keep him warm and alive until then. Again, in the worst case scenario there are a few hotels in Valentine he could stay in if it gets too intolerable.

Old Binsby posted:

I think I read there was some camping gear in the cargo but definitely not enough cold weather stuff later in the year and that it was rather spartan in most other respects

E. And I sort of remember a there was an old van or whatever near the truck that could be used as long-time shelter while building the trukk so no tent would be required. Could be way off though

Not just any old van, but the finest conversion van Chevy and Gladiator could make. Of course, the front end is...uh...kind sawzall'd off, so he might need a tarp or something to keep the elements out.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

is there a toilet? shower? camping for a month without a shower is completely miserable.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Denver goon inbound tomorrow to acquire 14
Inch dick and take him to Valentine

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I think there's a burned out Jeep he planned to use as a toilet. :getin:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

:woop::toot::woop:

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

An awesome Goon

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
A single tear rolls slowly down his cheek, eventually moistening the tip of his unkempt moustache.

He wipes it away, returning his gaze to the mountain of Cheetos before him.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

everdave posted:

Denver goon inbound tomorrow to acquire 14
Inch dick and take him to Valentine

Not just any goon, the one with a fire breathing supercharged Cadillac wagon!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Pls to be noticing this isnt the same cruiser as earlier

I have died of dysentery

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
I never wanna get off this roller coaster

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

slothrop posted:

I never wanna get off this roller coaster

ur an addict sorry

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
I hope im not reading too much into the She-Keith car.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Adiabatic please change dave's name to 14" SHE KEITH

edit: Beaten by two seconds

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
MVP shout to Anker, last charged on sept 1 finally ran dry. Front desk happened to have a 1A wall charger they gave me to keep.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

MVP shout to Anker, last charged on sept 1 finally ran dry. Front desk happened to have a 1A wall charger they gave me to keep.

Nice

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
GOD loving drat IT MY BACK PATCH WAS IN MY BIKE BOX

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
20100 or 26800? My 26800 goes like a week with daily GPS (for ambulance driving) usage.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

14 do you still have the carhartts and other warm poo poo from the last trip or are those being held hostage with your bike?

• Locked thread