Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The cartoonist accidentally sent in his heavy metal album concept art instead of a politoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Lurdiak posted:

The cartoonist accidentally sent in his heavy metal album concept art instead of a politoon.

He's got a ways to go until he matches up with Marty though.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

"Nobody's angry about this! nobody! Just the media!" is a surprisingly common talking point for how self-evidently loving moronic it is.

learn how to loving draw lol

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

REMEMBER ME MOTHER NATURE!? WHEN I MELTED YOUR ICE CAPS! I TALKED JUST LIKE THIS!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Republicans and Democrats: equally responsible for DREAMers getting deported

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Employees of major news outlets are still human beings who react genuinely to things that trouble them, AGC

Virtue Signalling isn't a real thing, AGC

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
You wouldn't be able to close the door while the mat lies there, allowing everyone to just walk in. :thunk:
KER-BLACK

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

ThinkProgress did a feature on Garrison.

quote:

Garrison maintains that he is a conservative libertarian cartoonist and that there is no “racist oil” buried within his work. “I don’t draw racist or anti-Semitic cartoons,” he said, speaking with ThinkProgress. “To be sure, many are interpreted…as such, but I have no control over what people read into them.”

“I’ve lost nearly all of my old liberal friends from Seattle due to my cartoons. They think I’ve gone off the deep end,” he continued. “My former friends and co-workers are smart people, but when it comes to politics, they’ve become too brainwashed by political correctness.”

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
"Everybody I've ever known says I've gone off the deep end. Truly it must be the world which is crazy."

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

:geno:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

I'm not going to defend this rear end in a top hat because this is a massive dick thing to do (he also says sex offenders get no shelter), but he has apparently explicitly said that they will not be checking immigration status.
Most cops in border states (Florida cunts in this case), even the right wing ones, realize that enforcing immigration laws fucks them over and makes their jobs harder. No one will cooperate with cops who want to deport you or your wife. Arpaio was more of the exception that the rule even in Arizona.

This doesn't mean they aren't massive asshats who will try to take everything you own via asset forfeiture, however.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

The duck's goin' to bat for the literal concept of hatred. Right next to Family Circus.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

nm posted:

I'm not going to defend this rear end in a top hat because this is a massive dick thing to do (he also says sex offenders get no shelter), but he has apparently explicitly said that they will not be checking immigration status.
Most cops in border states (Florida cunts in this case), even the right wing ones, realize that enforcing immigration laws fucks them over and makes their jobs harder. No one will cooperate with cops who want to deport you or your wife. Arpaio was more of the exception that the rule even in Arizona.

This doesn't mean they aren't massive asshats who will try to take everything you own via asset forfeiture, however.

The reaction people are having to this is less about immigration status and more about, say, bench warrants for parking tickets.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

LordSaturn posted:

The reaction people are having to this is less about immigration status and more about, say, bench warrants for parking tickets.

Yes, though it has been brought up in an immigration context, including the quoted post for that comment.

I'm not saying its not lovely, I'm just saying it isn't an immigration issue.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

YES DAMNIT! STOP PRETENDING BOTH SIDES ARE EQUALLY BAD!

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

nm posted:

Yes, though it has been brought up in an immigration context, including the quoted post for that comment.

I'm not saying its not lovely, I'm just saying it isn't an immigration issue.

Assuming you trust them.

After the government said ICE could use DACA registrations as a convenient, easy-to-locate list for use in immigration enforcement procedures "when appropriate", after previously saying they wouldn't, would you?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

While I appreciate that the artist is willing to make the main character an annoying poo poo, I kind of wish they'd stop sometimes.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Somfin posted:

The duck's goin' to bat for the literal concept of hatred. Right next to Family Circus.

I'm loving calling it right now: this is going to lead into "Democrats are the REAL racists/white nationalists/everything else that's bad that we keep getting accused of being".

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Prism posted:

Assuming you trust them.

After the government said ICE could use DACA registrations as a convenient, easy-to-locate list for use in immigration enforcement procedures "when appropriate", after previously saying they wouldn't, would you?

There's a difference between local law enforcement over a few hours and a federal agency after a change in administration.
With a few very public exceptions, even the most tough on crime local cops in border states (which Florida is because of the Caribbean immigration) really don't give a gently caress about immigration law and if anything find it a hindrance. They know that if they start doing this their job will jut get much much harder.
(This doesn't necessarily apply to immigration checks at jail, where there is a more mixed reaction, but that's really a different story as they're seen as "criminals" by the cops. Undocumented persons are generally not seen as criminals by local police.)

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

http://www.theledger.com/news/20170905/polk-county-sheriffs-office-deputy-arrested-after-altercation-with-girlfriend

quote:

AUBURNDALE — The Polk County Sheriff’s Office arrested one of its own Monday after a reported domestic altercation between the deputy and his girlfriend,
the Polk County Sheriff’s Office said.
Russell Hilson, 40, was arrested on charges of simple battery, a misdemeanor.
The office reported Hilson immediately resigned his position after being arrested.
He was a 19-year veteran of the department and was paid a salary of $62,179 a year. He would have been fired had he not resigned, the Sheriff’s Office stated.
Deputies also arrested his girlfriend, Brittany Lange, 30, for her role in the altercation. She was also charged with simple battery.

According to the separate affidavits, Hilson and Lange said the disagreement involved a food container Lange threw to the floor and then escalated to violence,
with both accusing the other of attacking them.
Lange had bruises on the right side of her face and on her right arm, the arresting deputy reported.
The arresting deputy observed lacerations on Hilson’s arm.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Hold up there, Tinsley, if you dig too deeply into that line of logic, you'll destroy your own "why won't the liberals tolerate my intolerance" argument

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

:discourse:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Ratoslov posted:

While I appreciate that the artist is willing to make the main character an annoying poo poo, I kind of wish they'd stop sometimes.

If it's not the main character, it's somebody else getting turned into a suitable strawman.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

YES DAMNIT! STOP PRETENDING BOTH SIDES ARE EQUALLY BAD!

don't celebrate until they last at least another couple of weeks of seeming reasonableness without going back to bashing Hillary for still somewhat existing, they've broken our hearts like this before

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Given Hillary did a thing recently the only thing that can stop Hunny Bunny showing up in Prickly City in the next two weeks is if their server gets consumed in a nuclear wildfire hurricane.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Samurai Sanders posted:

The shortsightedness of the GOP especially right now really is absolutely stunning.

Edit: once while I was a lifeguard I had to guard a kid who had profound autism. He would suddenly jump up and run and do things faster than anyone could stop him because he didn't know or care what would happen to him next. It was a harrowing experience. That's what it feels like watching the GOP. There's no lifeguard though.
Counterpoint: The GOP is in control of the government now, and, presumably, they always will be. Nothing to sweat.

How to shoot yourself in the foot twice:
1. He's trying to defend the literal, personified concept of hatred itself as not so bad.
2. Despite justifying hatred to himself as necessary against deserving topics, he'll never pair that up with his views on say, Antifascists.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Why show your art when people cant understand art?

Heres my latest political cartoon:
https://i.imgur.com/yF0hKhz.jpg

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Tei posted:

Nice loss reference.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Trapezium Dave posted:

Given Hillary did a thing recently the only thing that can stop Hunny Bunny showing up in Prickly City in the next two weeks is if their server gets consumed in a nuclear wildfire hurricane.

we can but dream

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Tei posted:

I need labels for the labels here

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Nonesnse tihs is an elitceon yrae!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

So is Mallard, in an implausible twist of fate, going to be the one conservative cartoonist to support Antifa?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Blue berries matter

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

toanoradian posted:

I need labels for the labels here

here ya go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Avirosb posted:

Blue berries matter
Oh, I'm sure he actually meant blackberries, but then held back for some reason, like, it being too on the nose.

• Locked thread