Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

BrianBoitano posted:

Oh, I'm scheduled to be at the Emergency Operations Center exactly when we'll get landfall in the Keys. That'll be fun :stare:

Pretty calm now but won't be for long!

That's a private agency? With the herman miller poo poo?

Withnail fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Sep 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
They're predicting a way of 3M

https://twitter.com/LastQuake/statu...warning-tsunami

They felt it like 600 miles away

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Furnaceface posted:

At this point Im not even sure I want to tempt fate and ask "What's left that could possibly happen?"

Mt. Rainier erupts and takes out all of the Seattle area and most of western Washington state. Entire PNW is coated in ash.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

coyo7e posted:

I've made jokes about it already but now I'm honestly beginning to wonder if God is punishing us
yes dammit

we are all about to enter our three days in the belly of a fish

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Withnail posted:

That's a private agency? With the herman miller poo poo?

Nah, State Emergency Response Team. All official 'n poo poo.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

coyo7e posted:

Do you think he'll execute his son like all the other druggies?
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/906011787933343744

Duterte's drug war is a 'roided-up model of the US' - instead of jailing everyone from the users to the pushers to the kingpins, he's just ensuring the only people making money in the Philippine drug trade are those who pay him generously to operate.

Watching what's happening in the Philippines gives me pause, because Duterte is Trump if Trump had an 80% approval rating.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
the problem with being a prophet is that the only place on earth that would listen to me is israel and they're already well aware of climate change

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

the old ceremony posted:

yes dammit

we are all about to enter our three days in the belly of a fish

Isn't the Jonah and The Whale story all about finding a higher consciousness through God?

Like 3 days on the cross , 3 days within the Whale, etc..

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/EricBlake12/status/905825921243938817

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Wait where did that one on the left come from?

The one on the far right is Jose right?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

mod sassinator posted:

Mt. Rainier erupts and takes out all of the Seattle area and most of western Washington state. Entire PNW is coated in ash.

Oh right I forgot about volcanoes.

At least its too early for hellish snow storms or ice storms I guess?

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Hollismason posted:

They're predicting a way of 3M

https://twitter.com/LastQuake/statu...warning-tsunami

They felt it like 600 miles away

Wife has family in Mexico City. They sure as hell felt it. Everyone we know made it thru ok so far, but it was an 8.0 off the coast, tsunami warnings were sounds as well.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Hollismason posted:

Isn't the Jonah and The Whale story all about finding a higher consciousness through God?

Like 3 days on the cross , 3 days within the Whale, etc..
the three days in the whale / fish represent the suffering that makes us realise our own mortality. in that moment, understanding the very real possibility of death or ruination, we hear the word. without suffering there is no such thing as faith. mankind is about to enter our collective three days of suffering, not the first, probably not the last, possibly not even the worst that we've faced or will face in our long strange history. i hope it will redouble my faith, and others'. as for three days on the cross i don't know poo poo about that, i'm a jew lol

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

mod sassinator posted:

Also Yellowstone.

It ruins the Merica's bread basket/great plains farms so food prices spike.

Also the ash "snow". Like an inch of ash collapse roofs/houses. The east coast will get an inch. Great Plains will get several inches/feet. On the bright side there's a global cooling effect for a few years.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Hollismason posted:

Wait where did that one on the left come from?

The one on the far right is Jose right?

That's hurricane Katia!

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i love jonah's tale because of the sense that hashem is amused by mankind being obstinate argumentative little shits. there is a sense almost of play. in the end everyone basically has a good time and learns something from the experience

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

BrianBoitano posted:

^^^ you realize we don't actually have to personally lift the victims out of danger, yeah?

Heh, I'm 90% sure that's just contagious yawning. Not a ton going on right here, just moving resources to prepare. Night shift, before landfall is the slowest it gets here.

where is this center located exactly?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

edit: ^^^^ Tallahassee. We're looking at cat 3 by the time it reaches us. I have a shift Monday at 6 PM, and I have to drive through some heavily wooded areas. I might get to skip hurricane-related work due to hurricane-downed trees :confuoot:

PhazonLink posted:

On the bright side there's a mini ice age for a hundred years

ftfy

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Sep 8, 2017

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Furnaceface posted:

At this point Im not even sure I want to tempt fate and ask "What's left that could possibly happen?"
plague

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Furnaceface posted:

we're coming up to the point where this sort of poo poo is just accepted as the new way of things, and the only thing that will really put a scare into people is a suitably large comet on a collision course with earth.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The illuminati have an asteroid scheduled for some point but I forget when exactly, couldn't make the last meeting of the trilateral commission.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Furnaceface posted:

WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A GAME? (Y/N)

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Well I hope you're ready for Zika, West Nile, etc. to make an exciting comeback!!

https://twitter.com/jeffkatzshow/status/905926682279907328

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Gotta look at the bright side: the swarms of mosquitos will lead to a huge boom in the spider population

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Also let's add mega tsunami into the mix.

The Canary Islands and some other west african island chain fall into the ocean loving up the east coast.

Parts of Hawaii also fall into the sea and gently caress up the west coast. Donnie than says how Obama is using his home state to attack Merica even those he's from Africa.

e: Also we might have another modern Mary Shelley write another master piece during a snowin.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Sep 8, 2017

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
For koalas:
https://twitter.com/rebelraemusic/status/905950818506915840

For the donut and coffee fund
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/906038421583310848
No wonder Jeff sessions gets so excited when he talks about seizing goods

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Sep 8, 2017

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Calibanibal posted:

Gotta look at the bright side: the swarms of mosquitos will lead to a huge boom in the spider population

Only if its these dancing spiders:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

quote:

"However inappropriate some of Mr. Shkreli's postings may have been, we do not believe that he intended harm and do not believe that he poses a danger to the community," Shkreli's lawyer, Benjamin Brafman, said in a statement.

"Since his conviction on August 4, 2017, Shkreli has engaged in an escalating pattern of threats and harassment that warrant his detention pending sentencing," prosecutors wrote in their motion.

"Most recently, Shkreli threatened former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton by publicly offering $5,000 to anyone who would 'grab' some of her hair on the defendant's behalf during her upcoming book tour"
prosecutors wrote.
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/906041915723927552

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/davidcrespo/status/905858942579900417

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
He's going to get the full 20 year sentence I think.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

My judgement depends on whether the windows all have window seats with comfortable pillows

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
half-imploded wedding cake with stunning water views

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

BrianBoitano posted:

Well I hope you're ready for Zika, West Nile, etc. to make an exciting comeback!!

https://twitter.com/jeffkatzshow/status/905926682279907328

Sadly this is to be expected. If there's one thing mosquitoes love its humid weather and standing water. All the water flooding out of the city is gonna leave behind a huge amount that isn't gonna drain quickly, which mosquitoes will use as a breeding ground. And with nothing living in that water to eat the larvae a ton will spawn and go to town.

But hey, at least all those displaced bats from the bridge will have plenty to eat! :shepface:

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Internet Kraken posted:

But hey, at least all those displaced bats from the bridge will have plenty to eat! :shepface:
and we all know what bats spread

rabies :unsmigghh:

Argentum
Feb 6, 2011
UGLY LIKE BOWEL CANCER

PhazonLink posted:

Also let's add mega tsunami into the mix.

The Canary Islands and some other west african island chain fall into the ocean loving up the east coast.

Parts of Hawaii also fall into the sea and gently caress up the west coast. Donnie than says how Obama is using his home state to attack Merica even those he's from Africa.

e: Also we might have another modern Mary Shelley write another master piece during a snowin.

You aren't thinking hyuge enough. meteors, tsunamis, eruptions, or anything boring like that aren't gonna surprise anyone in the Trump Era, what's really going to knock our socks off is the incoming alien invasion fleet. :getin:

Or really aliens in general. Donald J. Trump is going to be humanity's representative during First Contact baby.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I think its a cool looking house

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
the plague will be surprising as hell actually

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Hollismason posted:

I think its a cool looking house
yes but you're a slightly unusual individual

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Argentum posted:

you aren't thinking hyuge enough. meteors, tsunamis, eruptions, or anything boring like that aren't gonna surprise anyone in the Trump Era, what's really going to knock our socks off is the incoming alien invasion fleet. :getin:

They were on their way, then they saw everything that was happening and said "You know what, Saturn looks pretty nice."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

the old ceremony posted:

and we all know what bats spread

rabies :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread