Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
just addictive behaviors in general that have destructive effects on their lives

health and financial effects in the case of gambling or alcoholism, social and societal effects in the case of facebook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what are you addicted to

what are you vices

what parts of your life do you need to workon

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

[extremely has no friends and thus loses nothing by boycotting facebook voice] gently caress facebook.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Linguica posted:

[extremely has no friends and thus loses nothing by boycotting facebook voice] gently caress facebook.

lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Linguica posted:

agreed

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Amethyst posted:

facebook is literally designed to overcome your defenses and waste as much of your time as possible. i can 100% understand people who want no part of that

im on Facebook maybe 3 minutes a day while making GBS threads, i just like it mostly for friends events and local things happening around me on boring weekends. i post a pic of my kids maybe once a month and that's about it

it is going to be tougher to not be on it once businesses stop bothering with websites and just have a Facebook page

also a lot of commerce sites let you log in with Facebook which is nice because making an account for every goddamn website is a pain in the rear end

Solaris Japan sent me a Facebook message when my xrgb mini framemeister was shipped :3:

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Sep 8, 2017

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

it is going to be tougher to not be on it once businesses stop bothering with websites and just have a Facebook page

yes, i hear having a facebook page is the "hot new thing"

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
i'll make the facebook page

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
find me at aol keyword "butts"

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

facebork is dogshit and serves no value

my posts etc

my friends text me when a thing is happening and then I go to it. it’s a neat system

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

im going to get my port wine drink on w some friends tomorrow, it's gonna be rad

it was planned via facebook tho
:negative:

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

im on Facebook maybe 3 minutes a day while making GBS threads, i just like it mostly for friends events and local things happening around me on boring weekends. i post a pic of my kids maybe once a month and that's about it

also a lot of commerce sites let you log in with Facebook which is nice because making an account for every goddamn website is a pain in the rear end

Solaris Japan sent me a Facebook message when my xrgb mini framemeister was shipped :3:

"i only drink a little bit occasionally so alcoholism isn't real"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lol if u don't shitpost everywhere

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

omg the new camera bump lmao

its just straight up and not even rounded

....still better than android

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Jony Ive wants to be a watch designer so badly

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

vodkat posted:

Timb, Timb, what have you done? you broke this poor nerds brain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utfbE3_uAMA

Still a pro fuckin click despite how stupid the whole 30 minute saga is tho

jesus christ they're etching stuff with no ventilation

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Stymie posted:

"i only drink a little bit occasionally so alcoholism isn't real"

pffffffft

facebook used in a reasonable way is one of the legit good outcomes of this futuristic hellscape we inhabit. like hell i can bother to keep track of old friends, or know my neighbors, but i go out of my way to get a facebook contact with them, check it once a week, and when we meet we can launch into an actual conversation about things of actual relevance (and likely actually have a decent conversation and time) without bullshit "how are things" questions

kill everything else, keep facebook

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
i don't like Facebook because I hate seeing how much happier my friends are than me

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

i don't like Facebook because I hate seeing how much happier and more successful my friends are than me

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

pffffffft

facebook used in a reasonable way is one of the legit good outcomes of this futuristic hellscape we inhabit. like hell i can bother to keep track of old friends, or know my neighbors, but i go out of my way to get a facebook contact with them, check it once a week, and when we meet we can launch into an actual conversation about things of actual relevance (and likely actually have a decent conversation and time) without bullshit "how are things" questions

kill everything else, keep facebook

"drinking helps me relax in social situations so alcoholism isn't real"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Vintersorg posted:

omg the new camera bump lmao

its just straight up and not even rounded

....still better than android

I have a pixel which apparently has one of the best cameras on a smartphone and also zero camera bump :smug:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

jesus christ they're etching stuff with no ventilation

:china:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Stymie posted:

lol

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Stymie posted:

haha, as much as i think pram was on the right track here i think probably he should have probated me for replying instead. i will assume it was down to a coin flip

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

The Management posted:

:drat:

unfortunately while the AR view allows perspective, it isn't aware of the viewer's relation to the viewport. I.e., you have to be looking straight "through" the device. which is perfect if you're wearing it on your face but otherwise not so great. what you really want is to keep your device still and move your head around. and then the combination of both would be pure loving magic.

which is why the new high end iphone has ir face tracking/mapping

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

lol it's real

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

surely the random case manufacturer knows the secret details

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Vintersorg posted:

lol it's real

if that's real then I'm 100% sure jobs will come back in zombie form and eat timb

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
so what's bad about the leaked iphone 8 poo poo

as long as it has touch id who gives a poo poo if it has a double-bump for the camera

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

as long as it has touch id who gives a poo poo if it has a double-bump for the camera

lightning port on the side

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
camera bumps annoy the poo poo out of me

just make the phone that much thicker, no one gives a poo poo

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I hate that vertical camera - looks like poo poo

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Matt Zerella posted:

lightning port on the side

!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I will continue using the iPhone SE, the best phone ever made, until another human sized edition is released

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I will continue using the iPhone SE, the best phone ever made, until another human sized edition is released

a small and simple phone, suitable for small and simple people.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
the goofiest looking camera bump of all time had to be on the nexus 5x. it looked like a funnel

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

every apple purchase now requires the rationalization of "it still has (good thing product has had for years) who cares if it (has new bad thing for no reason/lacks other good thing product has always had)"

"the mbp still has a working trackpad who cares if it doesn't have magsafe and only has usb c" - me a month ago

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Dislike button posted:

a small and simple phone, suitable for small and simple people.

non technical woman or childe

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

LastInLine posted:

every apple purchase now requires the rationalization of "it still has (good thing product has had for years) who cares if it (has new bad thing for no reason/lacks other good thing product has always had)"

"the mbp still has a working trackpad who cares if it doesn't have magsafe and only has usb c" - me a month ago

eh thats mbp with mental gymnastics. with iphone its just "thats not an adroid and comes with an actual service coverage"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

"security issues are patched in a timely fashion" leaves you one option for phones

• Locked thread