Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Kareem Hunt is Bryce Brown 2.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

45.6 points on Hunt 4 loving times the projection. I'm so excited.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Oooo time for the "I didn't draft this guy so im going to poo poo on everyone's parade" posts

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
That guy who had a hell of a game tonight? Actually he sucks :smug:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Wowie was I wrong about Hunt

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Dont put that evil on him ricky bobby

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Seen enough fantasy flash in the pans in my time. Enjoy tonight but it's more likely he's a Thomas Rawls than a Jamaal Charles.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

Cue the panic from all Brady owners.

I'm shook

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Seen enough fantasy flash in the pans in my time. Enjoy tonight but it's more likely he's a Thomas Rawls than a Jamaal Charles.

Why

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

That guy who had a hell of a game tonight? Actually he sucks :smug:

Remember that Cowboys receiver that went all HAM Week 1 game 1 a few years ago? I forgot his name. Was it Terrance Williams?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

lol ok

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Suave Fedora posted:

Remember that Cowboys receiver that went all HAM Week 1 game 1 a few years ago? I forgot his name. Was it Terrance Williams?

Kevin Ogletree.

If you play fantasy for a few years you're going to pull the trigger on a million rookie RB's and occasionally pull a CJ Anderson. But you'll more than likely grab a Bobby Rainey.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
So no actual research or anything you saw. Just hedging that this guy isn't that good because other guys have also not been that good

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
were we watching the same game

hunt is real good

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
As a rookie going up against last year's 3rd rank rush defense in an opening game on the road at that. After starting off losing a fumble AND doing it both on ground and in the air

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Kevin Ogletree.

If you play fantasy for a few years you're going to pull the trigger on a million rookie RB's and occasionally pull a CJ Anderson. But you'll more than likely grab a Bobby Rainey.

I mean you could be right but that shits really easy to say for unestablished guys to the point of why even say it lol

No one knows they have a devonta Freeman or Jordan Howard until they do. That's part of the game

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Sep 8, 2017

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Kevin Ogletree.

Literally the most yards from scrimmage in a player's first game, so if he does end up a flash in the pan, he'll have been the biggest flash ever.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

the_american_dream posted:

So no actual research or anything you saw. Just hedging that this guy isn't that good because other guys have also not been that good

Patriots had a defensive meltdown and made Alex Smith look like the MVP. He could be amazing or he could be Matt Flynn RB edition.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Sep 8, 2017

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm not convinced you've ever watched football before

Ooh ok football watcher im still waiting on you to tell me what you saw specifically if anything

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Edit: Yea this is going nowhere hahaha

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I drafted Alex Smith to backup Luck :cool:

...then dropped him for Sam Bradford.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Losing Hightower definitely hurt the pats but Hunt looked loving great and goddamn that's some serious :salt:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Kevin Ogletree.

That's the one

Kareem Hunt is another Ogletree

*casts a curse

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Patriots had a defensive meltdown and made Alex Smith look like the MVP. He could be amazing or he could be Matt Flynn RB edition.

You keep comparing Hunt to these random guys who have almost nothing in common other than to say "hurrrr flash in the pan." Which ... OK?

Bryce Brown: 7th-round nobody forced into action after a million Eagles injuries.
Kevin Ogletree: UDFA nobody with that one good game that one time.
Matt Flynn: 7th-round nobody who had one Week 17 blowup and somehow parlayed that into a retirement savings.

Kareem Hunt: 3rd-round pick, specifically handpicked by Andy Reid to be his next bellcow RB, already earned a role with the first team in camp and might have stolen the starting job even if Ware didn't die, wins job after injury, no serious competition in the near future, has the coaches' full trust given that he didn't get buried for that fumble, etc.

He's good, and will probably keep being good. I'm sorry if that offends you.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Lol just saw this. I bet this happened all over the loving place. Glad I started my one share of Hunt, disappointed I didnt target him more.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Listen, Ogletree was MY idea. Don't take that from me.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Suave Fedora posted:

Listen, Ogletree was MY idea. Don't take that from me.

Best thing to come out of tonight is the Barstool meltdowns

https://twitter.com/Bro_Pair/status/906018758174564354

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

RVProfootballer posted:

Literally the most yards from scrimmage in a player's first game, so if he does end up a flash in the pan, he'll have been the biggest flash ever.

someone has to be

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
It's cool. I sat Kareem Hunt for Mark Ingram cause Hunt is a rookie. Cool beans.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Rob Gronkowski and the Patriots DST combined to score me...

.3 points.

Awesome.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Rob Gronkowski and the Patriots DST combined to score me...

.3 points.

Awesome.

My opponent played Tom Brady and the Patriots DST for a grand total of 6.7 points. Unfortunately he also had Gillislee, but it could be worse.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm going against the Hunt owner this week, I doubt I stand a chance anymore.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Time to sell Gillislee and let another sucker take his 4 carries next week.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Alfalfa posted:

Time to sell Gillislee and let another sucker take his 4 carries next week.

Already traded him for Demaryius Thomas :)

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Yeah, it's not great.

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
I traded him for Devante Parker last week. I guess I should have held out.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Gobias Ind. posted:

Already traded him for Demaryius Thomas :)

drat I wish I had Gilli

big fork small knife
Jan 23, 2006

After my first draft, someone on here said it was stupid to have a defense rostered before the season started. I immediately dropped Philly's defense and picked up Kareem Hunt, literally the day before Ware got Hurt. Started him last night against the Gillislee owner.

So, uh, thanks, whoever that was.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

coronaball posted:

People are gonna drop productive players to add Alex Smith as a backup QB next week.

I dropped Kenny Stills to pick up Smith to stream alongside Rivers.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Only real surprise in usage for the Pats rbs yesterday was White running between the tackles on passing down situations in a way that normally would have been Lewis' job. They may be trusting him as a runner more than they used to, and he did look up to the task. Not really fantasy relevant other than reinforcing that Dions value probably hinges on an injury to White but it's cool to see Whites game continue to evolve. Would have been easy for him to stay Theo Riddick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Forever_Peace posted:

Only real surprise in usage for the Pats rbs yesterday was White running between the tackles on passing down situations in a way that normally would have been Lewis' job. They may be trusting him as a runner more than they used to, and he did look up to the task. Not really fantasy relevant other than reinforcing that Dions value probably hinges on an injury to White but it's cool to see Whites game continue to evolve. Would have been easy for him to stay Theo Riddick.

I was thinking the same thing. I have the feeling that with a better game script, White could have a really nice night. As it was if that TD had counted he'd have been in the mid to high teens in PPR.

• Locked thread