Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
This is the point of the season I am glad I am in rotisserie and not H2H as I sit atop my big money league with a 31 point lead over the 2nd place team with 138 of a possible 160 points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Victor Robles got called up, must add in keeper leagues if you're out of it

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Crawford got called up too.

Not on the same level as Robles, but someone for a bad team to stash.

Also, Matt Olson has been tearing the cover off the ball. He's been considered a fringe prospect for contact issues, but the A's traded Alonso in the middle of a career year to make room for him, and he's hit like 400 home runs in the last month.

SouthShoreSamurai fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 7, 2017

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

spanky69 posted:

This is the point of the season I am glad I am in rotisserie and not H2H as I sit atop my big money league with a 31 point lead over the 2nd place team with 138 of a possible 160 points.

This is the part of the year where I hate H2H, because even though I am the top team in the league, one bad week could make that mean nothing.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Pandanaut posted:

Is there a more maddening pitcher to own?

Jon Lester

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I seriously considered sitting him tonight, but gently caress it.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Danny Salazar moved to the bullpen for the rest of the year? Buhhhhh?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

The Pussy Boss posted:

Danny Salazar moved to the bullpen for the rest of the year? Buhhhhh?

Oh for gently caress's sake

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Between Danny Salazar and Kenta Maeda I feel like I had a SP be in the bullpen for the entire season.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Carlos Ro-done

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Guys I think Bad Byron Buxton is back.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Rhys

Hoskins

Kinfolk Jones
Oct 31, 2010

Faaaaaaaaast
Right now, I'm leading in my semi-final matchup 11-2-1. As soon as the first game starts today, I want to pickup a few people for next week. Here is my current roster.

C: Ramos 1B: Hoskins 2B: Cano SS: Bregman 3B: Rendon OF: Yelich OF: Buxton OF: Upton OF: Kiermaier DH: Santana UTIL: S. Marte BN: LeMahieu

SP: Bumgarner, Tanaka, CMart, Berrios, Junis, Clevinger, Nola, Gausman, L. Weaver, Richards RP: Osuna, Diaz, Giles

We get 4 transactions a week. This is what I'm thinking.

1: Drop Ramos, pick up Chirinos 2: Drop Junis, pick up Reynaldo Lopez 3: Drop ?, pick up Woodruff

Any thoughts on who to drop for Woodruff? Do these look like smart moves?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My entire season comes down to how Rich Hill pitches tonight

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Seriously I don't know what to do. Do I bench Hill? The guy I'm up against hasn't touched his team in months but he still has Greg Holland, Craig Kimbrel, Anthony Swarzak, and Pat Neshek in his relief. I just feel like one of them will come in and pitch a blank inning and I'll lose, ILL LOSE

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Down 4-5-1, the only things that can change are my R (down 1), HR (down 1) and RBI (down 3) with my Lonnie Chisenhall left to go tonight.

If I'd left DEE loving GORDON in my UTIL spot when he didn't start the game, I would have gotten his solo home run (his god drat second of the year), tied HR and RBI and won the matchup 4-3-3 already, climbing back in everything all week after getting JD Martinez'd on Sunday.

gently caress this poo poo. That's gotta be one of the worst bad-beats of all time fantasy history, a DEE GORDON home run.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Doltos posted:

My entire season comes down to how Rich Hill pitches tonight

Aw man

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

8 Dingers today, but I am on the bye week (#1 Seed) so it doesn't matter.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chief McHeath posted:

Down 4-5-1, the only things that can change are my R (down 1), HR (down 1) and RBI (down 3) with my Lonnie Chisenhall left to go tonight.

If I'd left DEE loving GORDON in my UTIL spot when he didn't start the game, I would have gotten his solo home run (his god drat second of the year), tied HR and RBI and won the matchup 4-3-3 already, climbing back in everything all week after getting JD Martinez'd on Sunday.

gently caress this poo poo. That's gotta be one of the worst bad-beats of all time fantasy history, a DEE GORDON home run.

I once lost in the finals of a fantasy basketball league on literally the last shot of the season, a three point shot by marcus morris (e: or maybe markieff) at the buzzer in a game his team was losing by like seven points :colbert:

:smith:

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 11, 2017

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I won a championship in 2014 on the last batter of the last game of the season when the Cardinals brought in Jason Motte to get get one out, lowering my ERA by enough to give me a 6-4 win. I don't even know what he was doing on my team, he wasn't their closer.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

3/3 for making the playoffs this year :toot: Two four seeds with a 4/5 matchup and one top seed with a bye.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

5/5 making the playoffs, first round bye in 3/5. :toot:

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

I missed the playoffs because I trusted Bartolo Colon to not blow up against the Royals.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

4/4 in making the playoffs and in my 12 team roto league I'm so far ahead of everyone else I could probably bench my whole team the rest of the season and still come in first.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Won $40 on my $20 buy-in league for winning the regular season and I'll have a first round bye into the playoffs. :toot:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

resident posted:

I missed the playoffs because I trusted Bartolo Colon to not blow up against the Royals.

you got what you deserved

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Anyone playing Bartolo after May gets everything coming to them.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I made the playoffs in both leagues that I am in but both of my teams are also slumping pretty heavily. I do not expect the playoffs to last long.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Twin Cinema posted:

I made the playoffs in both leagues that I am in but both of my teams are also slumping pretty heavily. I do not expect the playoffs to last long.

Same here. I got a bye after an 11-1 win last week, but my team has fallen apart in recent weeks. JoRamirez and Nunez are hurt, Bumgarner has fallen off and I have no idea what he hell Wood and Darvish are doing. DeJong has come plummeting back to Earth too.

It's going to take a miracle for me to win the semis.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

:suicide:

I was battling for first place right up to the allstar break. This might be my worst fall from grace in any fantasy year ever

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
2/3 on playoffs. My one that missed was my epically terrible goon $20 league team, but my keeper league I went from 9/10th at the end of May to finishing with the top seed, and my friend from work's $20 league, I'm currently a game up in 1st with a week to go

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I pretty well wrecked my money league in the regular season but I'm in serious trouble in the first playoff matchup.

...it all comes down to Kershaw tonight, probably.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Willie Calhoun was called up today. Definitely worth a stash in keeper leagues.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
CarGo good again?!?!? :stare:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Rand alPaul posted:

CarGo good again?!?!? :stare:

I dropped him a few weeks go so you're welcome

I picked him back up yesterday

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Playing against Kluber in a two-week final is pretty annoying.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

matt olson needs to be owned

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Popero posted:

Playing against Kluber in a two-week final is pretty annoying.

Agreed :(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Every time I think about trying to find a replacement for Zunino he goes and hits more dingers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Weird thought I had - for Otani, how would fantasy play him?

As of now if a position player pitches nothing happens. But if he is a SP or a closer do they have two versions of him in the draft? Do you play him in one of the slots and just skip out on the other part? Do they allow him to count for both positions when only playing one?

• Locked thread