Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Gey out get out get out GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Youth Decay posted:

What this thing is capable of:

A house in Barbuda with concrete anchor bolting wiped clean from its foundation, possibly from an eyewall mesovortex.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

The rainfall predictions are insane- "The upper Florida Keys into southeast Florida...10 to 15 inches, isolated 20 inches."

500mm of rain...

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

WalletBeef posted:

Irma has 3 more days till landfall and she hasn't even hit the good poo poo yet. :rip:

The white circle is where Irma currently is.

The pink is high levels of oceanic heat content. Warm Water = Stronger Hurricane.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

In laws decided to stay in Monroe County since the hurricane was supposed to go east, this morning it is turning west :psyduck:

Ask why don't they leave today "we didn't gas the cars and now everywhere is out" :psyboom:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

RedSpider posted:

look how tiny andrew is compared to irma

lmfao

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

RUN YOU FOOLS

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Charlz Guybon posted:

Watch this gif to the end, you think that Jose has hosed off into the North Atlantic, and then bam! :staredog:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Wife's family should be rolling into PCB today. Just hope they've got something to go back to in Key West.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
code:
         S
       I       H
     V      S
    L     U
  E    B
P    
       C
        O
         M
           P
            L
             E
              T
                E
                  L 
                   Y
                     E
                      R
                       E
                        C
                         T
this took way too long to do for so little sense.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Cage posted:

code:
         S
       I       H
     V      S
    L     U
  E    B
P    
       C
        O
         M
           P
            L
             E
              T
                E
                  L 
                   Y
                     E
                      R
                       E
                        C
                         T

I'm so loving proud

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Suggesting that idiot can holiday anywhere in the Keys is just the extreme of optimism that isnt backed by the severe belting Irma has given anything in it's path so far

AGAIN, I never said or suggested he holiday in the keys during a loving hurricane. What is with the reading comprehension lately, gently caress.

The Keys are not going to be "wiped clean" as you say unless the eye of the hurricane goes over every drat island. That's not going to happen.

KakerMix posted:

I don't know if you've been paying attention to the tracks but Irma is not staying east. Not staying east and giving the Tampa area a real hard dunk. Things can change, of course, but things look very bad right now for the whole state. Especially unprepared Tampa type areas.

I was responding to CT. Landfall of the eye is going to be 100+ miles east of Key West on the current track.

Yes I am aware we will get some wind and rain :)

[e] aaaand they just moved the track further west now :ohdear:

[e2] it also has been down graded to a cat4 so that's good.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Sep 8, 2017

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Hey you know what's cool in a geeky sad middle aged way? Central vacuums are cool. I just installed my first one in our house and it's loving awesome. Every house I've ever lived in has had the rough in, but i never installed one to have a functional setup until yesterday. Kicks rear end and I wish I did it years ago.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Cage posted:

code:

S
       I       H
     V      S
    L     U
  E    B
P    
       C
        O
         M
           P
            L
             E
              T
                E
                  L 
                   Y
                     E
                      R
                       E
                        C
                         T

Can this be the OP for October chat?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Does anyone know what font the official Cars and Coffee logo uses?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Cage posted:

code:
         S
       I       H
     V      S
    L     U
  E    B
P    
       C
        O
         M
           P
            L
             E
              T
                E
                  L 
                   Y
                     E
                      R
                       E
                        C
                         T

:thumbsup:

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
70 mile hurricane force wind field, or 140 across.

Irma is a giant ball of gently caress.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

While it is dangerous and terrible this picture is of a standard wood frame house. It doesn't matter how anchored it was, wood frame gets destroyed. This is why Georgia is already doing evacuations, their buildings aren't up to snuff.
Anyway got our house boarded up at least.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Applebees Appetizer posted:

[e2] it also has been down graded to a cat4 so that's good.

irmas still a cat5 mate. meanwhile joses been upgraded to cat4

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

slidebite posted:

Hey you know what's cool in a geeky sad middle aged way? Central vacuums are cool. I just installed my first one in our house and it's loving awesome. Every house I've ever lived in has had the rough in, but i never installed one to have a functional setup until yesterday. Kicks rear end and I wish I did it years ago.

I had never had central vac. Never even really knew it was a thing until I met my wife and discovered her family has it in their house. When we bought our current place, it was the same sort of thing - roughed in, but not complete. As a present, the in-laws (who had a friend that used to sell and install the systems) completed the system for us, and went completely overboard. 240v motor. This thing SUCKS. It is awesome.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

fridge corn posted:

irmas still a cat5 mate. meanwhile joses been upgraded to cat4

No, it's a 4 now

I love people in other countries commenting like they get updates before us or something.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

No, it's a 4 now

I love people in other countries commenting like they get updates before us or something.

oh i forgot how long it takes for information to travel across the world lol oops

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Well clearly because they've been saying it's at 4 for awhile now? :confused:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

it's going to hit 5 again when it hits all the warm water by miami so in a way you're both right!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

ive been keeping half an eye on the guardians live feed all day and haven't seen it mentioned sorry!!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

fridge corn posted:

ive been keeping half an eye on the guardians live feed all day and haven't seen it mentioned sorry!!

Don't be sorry! The weather channel and CNN have been consistently faster than the internet at updates, the twitter feed I've been watching hasn't posted it yet.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

NHS Miami posted:

8am: #Irma, located 450 miles SE of Miami, is forecast to maintain Category 4 strength until after landfall in South Florida

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

it's going to hit 5 again when it hits all the warm water by miami so in a way you're both right!

NOAA NHC Public Advisory posted:

Irma is a category 4 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale. Some fluctuations in intensity are likely during the next day or two, but Irma is forecast to remain a powerful category 4 hurricane as it approaches Florida.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

The best (only?) non-filtered site for information. Updates every 3 hours, including textual summaries, graphics with cone maps, etc. 2/5/8/11 local time of the storms. EST in this case.

This is gonna be bad. :ohdear:

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Weather Underground is good too, but NHC is the poo poo and I've been using http://www.atmos.albany.edu/facstaff/tang/tcguidance/al112017/ for models.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Oh hey that's good then :)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Gov Rick Scott: "All Floridians should evacuate."

Lol.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy
Even Rush Limbaugh is leaving. Somebody must have shook a a pill bottle in Georgia.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

On CNN there was a reporter in Miami beach going heavy on the Doom and Gloom, and some lady was jogging by with headphones on like who cares :v:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Gov Rick Scott: "All Floridians should evacuate."

Lol.

A little late for that buddy, roads are packed and gas is hard to come by.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Exactly, and considering that only 30k of the 80k people in the Keys evacuated good luck with evacuating the entire state lol.

It's like a giant cover-my-rear end statement. But I told everyone to leave!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dad got admitted again and transferred from his small town to here. He's in good spirits but the surgery is definitely gonna happen now, they don't think they can correct this just meds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Just got off the phone with my in-laws (they live on Saba, just off St. Maarten).

Their place weathered the storm quite well with basically no real damage itself. Yard got the poo poo kicked out of it. Pretty much every home that had lumber construction (mostly at "the bottom" townsite) is obliterated. Basically, if you didn't have a stone/concrete house, it's either destroyed or seriously damaged. Saba had landline telephone and internet working as of yesterday. If all you have for communication is a cell, you're hosed for the foreseeable future.

They have friends on St. Maarten, and that's another story. Place is supposedly something like a warzone. The Government has basically no infrastructure left and people there feel like it's collapsed. They have a daughter who opened a clothing store on Front Street last year and all the business have been looted. The Dutch military has issued curfew and enacted martial law until the government gets back up and running and can put in some sort of order. Sounds like it's the same on the French side.

Basically, if you didn't have a stone/concrete house, it's destroyed.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Sep 8, 2017

• Locked thread