Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

NitroSpazzz posted:

14 do you still have the carhartts and other warm poo poo from the last trip or are those being held hostage with your bike?

Those were set aside to be mailed to valentine due to bulk size back in ballard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

DICK DICER posted:

Those were set aside to be mailed to valentine due to bulk size back in ballard

I can pick those up and ship them out once I'm back from the UK.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
I believe in Jebus

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Is there a mailing address I have a whole set of $3 Stanley sockets that will strip every nut on that truck for you that I have been planning on tossing in the trash that came with a $9 tool box. I will ship them media rate and toss in a book you can use for fuel.

kzersatz
Oct 13, 2012

How's it the kiss of death, if I have no lips?
College Slice
Anker 26800, I've got one and took it to the Hoh camping for a week, charged two phones and some other misc poo poo for a week without incident, finally died on the ride back to the midwest from sea-tac.

I still have got some coats and poo poo that I can send out if needed.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Thoughts on a pop-up camper for 14 in Valentine? Helpful?

kzersatz
Oct 13, 2012

College Slice
It'd definitely be better living than a beat up conversion van sleeping in a hammoc lol
Price prohibitive I'd imagine.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

everdave posted:

https://northplatte.craigslist.org/rvs/d/1965-aristocrat-lo-liner-rv/6282239773.html

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

everdave posted:

They suck in the cold. Mount the van shell on the truck and turn it into a survival truck. Rock wool insulation is fire proof.

How long are you planning on staying in NE? I though this poo poo show was moving to Florida?

Elephanthead fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 8, 2017

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
There might not be a Florida left to which to move a poo poo show.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I think we're going to try to get one today tontow to 14 and then Valentine (and by we I mean Tremek doing all the work)

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

On track for a 3:30 meeting with a guy that has what looks to be a pretty nice Coleman. 2x4s can stand in place of the cable system until Dave can figure out how to repair, seems like more of an inconvenience than a case of livable or not. Knowing how crappy weather can get on the Plains in October and beyond, I feel pretty strongly that this is a better solution than a tent.

I'll be headed northeast to NE following that.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Tremek posted:

On track for a 3:30 meeting with a guy that has what looks to be a pretty nice Coleman. 2x4s can stand in place of the cable system until Dave can figure out how to repair, seems like more of an inconvenience than a case of livable or not. Knowing how crappy weather can get on the Plains in October and beyond, I feel pretty strongly that this is a better solution than a tent.

I'll be headed northeast to NE following that.

Good luck my man!

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Tremek is the man, he picked Ken and I up from the airport to meet the Justy guy in that wagon and holy Jesus is it fast.

A camper is an awesome idea, is there a hitch or anything on the truck so he could bring it to (what's left of) Florida?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Can we help recompense Jebus/Tremek/Everdave for what they've put in so far? I'm open to throwing a few bucks to those guys for their amazing contributions.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah you can paypal cash to everdave, I sent him something yesterday, just give him a PM to get his email address.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I gave what I could. Wish I could do more but I have this dumb wedding to pay for.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I just want my god drat bike

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

slothrop posted:

Can we help recompense Jebus/Tremek/Everdave for what they've put in so far? I'm open to throwing a few bucks to those guys for their amazing contributions.

Yes, I will post and confirm about the camper, I told Tremek I would promise half even if we didn't get any goons throwing in (which I know we will). PM me if you want to help. And give a huge shout out to Tremek who is driving to Nebraska to pick up 14 and carry him on to Valha...I mean Valentine

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

DICK DICER posted:

I just want my god drat bike

Can we ask greyhound to deliver it to a city where a goon is? Then we can send it via bike flights to valentine.

I assume you need a bike in valentine to get from the truck to napa?

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

nm posted:

Can we ask greyhound to deliver it to a city where a goon is? Then we can send it via bike flights to valentine.

That's probably the best idea, if the bike is found. This thread seems to have a pretty wide reach, and I'm sure if the location of the bike is known, someone will be able to pick it up and coordinate shipment.

kzersatz
Oct 13, 2012

College Slice
If they can't turn the bike around in the next couple days, I'll ship one to Valentine with some supplies, my garage is full of them at the moment...

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
Reality: Guys, the well is getting pretty deep, it's hard to dig because it's so dark.

This thread: Let's all chip in for some gas so we can dig by the light of the flames. :homebrew: :kingsley:

:getin:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Stitecin posted:

Reality: Guys, the well is getting pretty deep, it's hard to dig because it's so dark.

This thread: Let's all chip in for some gas so we can dig by the light of the flames. :homebrew: :kingsley:

:homebrew: is perfectly fine, there's so much entertainment left.
Once all my bills get paid I'll probably ship everdave some paypal money, Won't be much but gas to dig is a good idea

edit:
Chances camper burns down? can we do like a 50/50 pool to pick a day or week?

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Sep 8, 2017

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:same: just waiting to see if Irma blows my house down

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So are we trading a :10bux: for the camper?

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
I'm just an excited lurker and wish all you get what you're going for out of this experience. Who owns the land the truck is on? Can a camper and a squatter just show up any time and that's okay? How does the camper get water or electric?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Stitecin posted:

I think we need one of these:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

nm posted:

Has Greyhound given any update on the actual status of the box? Have they acknowledged they have it, or are they "looking for it"?

Those are two entirely different scenarios.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Snorkzilla posted:

I'm just an excited lurker and wish all you get what you're going for out of this experience. Who owns the land the truck is on? Can a camper and a squatter just show up any time and that's okay? How does the camper get water or electric?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3787174

Edit:

I am in awe of Tremek. He is loaded down with supplies for operation 14 dick charter

everdave fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 8, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

nm posted:

I doubt Greyhound will let someone pick up Dick's boxes without his ID, or a claim ticket, or being the named person on the box, at some random Greyhound station.

Although if they did allow that, it would be another sign of their amazing incompetence as a company to secure people's belongings.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I am pretty sure they have already let someone claim the box without ID or claim ticket, we just don't know who that person is.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

An employee, most likely. If it's been stolen. I'm sure they're aware that bike boxes contain bikes, and one expensive bike is probably worth like a month's takehome to some greyhound baggage handler in salt lake city.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Pretty much, and if they can get away with it they will take advantage.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Sent some money to everdave to help out. Student loans be damned, I'm ahead for the year and the New Zealand Government can eat my rear end.

I don't know what's going to happen re: the bike, I hope that it gets found because it sounds like Dave had some poo poo he likes in the box. Bikes and batteries we can help with but drat, a good leather jacket with some history?

Stay safe team. We're all rooting for you.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

everdave posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3787174

Edit:

I am in awe of Tremek. He is loaded down with supplies for operation 14 dick charter

That isn't dick's bike is it?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There is still a decent chance it's still in the system, too, though. My guess is that there's like a 50% chance it followed Dick to Denver like a day behind him, and now it's waiting for some lazy gently caress to bother to scan it or whatever and see in the system that it's supposed to go somewhere and then get it onto a bus going there that has room for it.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

Twin Dicks: Fire Walk With Jeep

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Sep 8, 2017

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Anyone who has sent funds thank you! Beyond hotel $ will be fronted to Tremek for camper/supplies.

That is a bike Tremek is offering up for the cause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Currently at Ogallallalalalalallaalalalala public library charging things. I have my bike shoes and clip pedals plus the modified wrench Matt made for me. Oglalalalalalala bus depot cant even check if the package is in the system, Greyhound wont let them search any tracking numbers. No boxes have come eastbound that the bus derivers have been aware of. Trying to call the lost luggage line number provided to me it automatically hangs up and refuses to connect.

• Locked thread