Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
https://youtu.be/No0ILZ7SKgU

Yes I know the title is click baity, but I watched it anyway and I'll be honest tonight I'm getting absolutely crunked up and gonna farm this for a couple of hours

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Capn Beeb posted:

So many times I've whiffed a shot or smashed the bomb right into the wall next to my face.

And here we were afraid they would change things from Destiny 1.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

BOLT THROWER

oh poo poo wrong thread

But anyways, BOLT THROWER should play when you activate Devour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ_R1gnOpSg

Serf
May 5, 2011

Some of the music in this game begins to approach the excellence of Halo. The vehicle sections in particular have some loving great tracks.

Also, I beat the game and is the end supposed to be implying that the Traveler is now alive again? Hence another Golden Age?

gently caress the new Tower is pretty as hell too. What is the point of the Farm after beating the campaign other than to be misdirection during the pre-release?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

xzzy posted:

But anyways, BOLT THROWER should play always, period.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ_R1gnOpSg

FTFY

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

Yes I know the title is click baity, but I watched it anyway and I'll be honest tonight I'm getting absolutely crunked up and gonna farm this for a couple of hours

Definitely farm it until you get a Skyburner's Oath, aka the best gun in the game.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
First trip to the tower was all "Wooahhh this place is huuuuge!!"

Then five minutes later it's like "loving christ why did they make this so goddamn huge?"

Plz give us the option to go back to the farm.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I will never tire of people getting triggered by shaders

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

FishBulb posted:

I have no idea what a hedo rick is and it makes me glad

Expand your mind man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVtEX1J7tXQ

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Serf posted:

Some of the music in this game begins to approach the excellence of Halo. The vehicle sections in particular have some loving great tracks.

Also, I beat the game and is the end supposed to be implying that the Traveler is now alive again? Hence another Golden Age?

gently caress the new Tower is pretty as hell too. What is the point of the Farm after beating the campaign other than to be misdirection during the pre-release?

YES THAT TRAVELER IS NOW W O K E AS gently caress

doingitwrong posted:

How is Destiny 2 in this regard? Is there a lot more terrain to cover?

There is so much area you have no idea.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

the full Devour build is fun

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So what's the intro like if you play 2 without a 1 save file

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

el B posted:

Then five minutes later it's like "loving christ why did they make this so goddamn huge?"

They really do need to do something neat with the farm, the lack of bridges that I can sit under in waist deep water is really noticeable in the Tower. Maybe they could have a rotating list of scav traders that filter in and out each week at the farrm.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
is this worth it? looks kind dull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No0ILZ7SKgU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I will never tire of people getting triggered by shaders

It's the greatest thing and just boils down to people not being able to afford it but crying out it's so unfair that someone has extra chances at getting stuff.

FrancisFarterburgr
Feb 16, 2008

"Godspeed you poor sons of bitches."

el B posted:

This seems super slow, boring, and inefficient compared to public events (especially heroics).

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Shader talk:

I like how you guys make up your own imaginary reasons someone might be mad.

I'll reserve judgement till I hit endgame. But it doesn't seem like a player friendly change?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hulk Krogan posted:

And here we were afraid they would change things from Destiny 1.

I'm pleased to report lightning grenades still get caught on and aim towards the most implausible of geometries.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

FrancisFarterburgr posted:

This seems super slow, boring, and inefficient compared to public events (especially heroics).

Boring... yeah it does, I'll give you that. But that video is ten minutes long with the bullshit intro and a hoor-like giveaway and he still got 3 chests with little effort, and flying solo.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Norns posted:

Shader talk:

I'll reserve judgement till I hit endgame. But it doesn't seem like a player friendly change?

All of my gear is colored in ridiculous ways and I still have a completely full shader inventory.

Better get real mad and post on Reddit about it.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Norns posted:

Shader talk:

You get a LOT of shaders. Like I don't know how you'd ever run out, and even if you did, all you have to do is play the associated activity to get them.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Waffle House posted:

You get a LOT of shaders. Like I don't know how you'd ever run out, and even if you did, all you have to do is play the associated activity to get them.

Wait. Hold the gently caress on. PLAY?! The gently caress do you take me for?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Disposable income? gently caress - I WISH!!!

FrancisFarterburgr
Feb 16, 2008

"Godspeed you poor sons of bitches."

el B posted:

Boring... yeah it does, I'll give you that. But that video is ten minutes long with the bullshit intro and a hoor-like giveaway and he still got 3 chests with little effort, and flying solo.

And all he got from those chests was one legendary engram and some tokens. Heroic public events can drop exotics, often drop legendaries, and always drop some kind of gear and tokens. Dismantling that gear gets you gunsmith poo poo, and running those events with a gunsmith rep ghost means you're leveling the smith regularly.

There are streams of people grinding to 300 power, and invariably they're grinding public events, not this trash cave.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I'm gay

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

A new clan (#4) is up because we keep filling these up lol:

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2232592

I think that's something like upwards of 600 goons so far. Maybe 700? There's a loving lot of goons playing Destiny 2

https://discord.gg/tTmPMce Here's the Destiny Goons discord as always

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

el B posted:

I'm gay

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i'm glad when people on a website i dont read are mad at a company i patronize because it increases the likelihood that the company will buckle and give me things and i don't have to do poo poo. please get on my level

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
We can probably consolidate them into one or two in a couple of months when that new-game thrill wears off and is replaced with the familiar black emptiness of True Gamer Scum.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Is there a PS4 goon clan I can join that I don't have to download discord, follow on facebook, update my SA profile and jump through several other hoops just to join?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nope

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

What's the deal with the co-op in this game?

Last night I was leading a fireteam and couldn't pick the first adventure because someone in my party hadn't caught up to the rest of us. I had to make him leader so he could go talk to the guy in the church and check off the first mission. Before that, we couldn't even land in the Europe Zone with him because he had been told to land there by the lady at the Farm, but hadn't actually done it yet. What the gently caress?

Is every mission like this? It's annoying that the missions seem to be gated by each individual's linear progress instead of just level or light level. Do we need to play through this game in perfect lockstep?

I get that they were embarrassed that their last game had no story but forcing everyone to experience this slightly-better story ins sequence at the expense of co-op convenience is bullshit.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

el B posted:

You can go back to the farm. It shows up on the director map on earth. Upper right corner, past the playable area on the map.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Another dumb question: is running directly at enemies and punching them in the face supposed to be the best way to kill things early on, or are my guns just really underpowered?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Another dumb question: is running directly at enemies and punching them in the face supposed to be the best way to kill things early on, or are my guns just really underpowered?

Depending on your build, this is always a viable option. Enemies scale as you level in a way where, ideally, you'll never really get stronger than them until level 20 because, up to there, they get stronger as you do.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Melee is really powerful in this game and is very useful for disposing of trash-tier enemies. Bosses and elites (orange hp bars) are considerably more resistant to punching or deal so much damage that it's not practical to melee them.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

So I kinda feel like the whole "last guardian" thing was a mistake because the two moments when they secretly matchmake you with other players are possibly the strongest part of the main campaign. It doesn't even make sense that you're the last guardian the second time they do it.

Anyway, they should do that stuff more it's cool and plays to Destiny's strengths.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Funkmaster General posted:

You can go back to the farm. It shows up on the director map on earth. Upper right corner, past the playable area on the map.

there's zero reason to do that because all the vendors are at the tower

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

When I did that mission some random moron showed up just as I was finishing up, got obliterated by a cabal drop pod, and I laughed and flipped him off as I ran to try and find the Speaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Please consider joining Goon Button Pressers v2 for PS4 https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2082950 thanks.