Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh cool my bank started charging me $12 monthly service fees and didnt tell me so the money my parents sent me just evaporated due to extended overdrafts, literally the only bank activity from the past few months is service fees and overdraft fees and no withdrawls or payments of any kind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Minimum balance fees: we're gonna charge you money, for not having enough money

Interest: you have so much money, we're gonna give you more, as a reward for doing so well at having money

Capitalism!

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sometimes with that kind of poo poo you can get them to refund it.

Just Chompin'
Apr 17, 2004

1% Pure
Yeah, definitely got my bank to refund overdraft fees.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Deteriorata posted:

I think we need one of these:

At first I was like, that's an odd looking hi-jack but I guess they could use one for the trukk. Then I kept scrolling and lol.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
They shouldn't be overdrafting with bank fees. Unfortunately there probably isn't a branch within 800 miles of you.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
most metal event of the trip continues to be it literally raining ash in Seattle

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Firey hell death behind you, watery hell death in front of you. Choose your path wisely.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
800 413 2871 is the number that ostensibly tracks bags, though all they keep telling me is "we are looking for it and have no clue where it is." You cant get through to them, dick?

As stated previously, they have been very clear to me that they will ONLY release the package to Dave, only with multiple forms of ID, and will only ship it to a greyhound station that he approves after filling out the appropriate forms.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Just called greyhound again - they said "is this a big box?" only to tell me "we are still searching for it and will call you if found."

gently caress.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Yes it is bigger then a bike frame, are you familiar with what a bicycle is? This one is made for an adult. I cry for this country.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

OTOH you guys have really restored my faith in humanity for awhile. :unsmith:

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Just called greyhound again - they said "is this a big box?" only to tell me "we are still searching for it and will call you if found."

gently caress.

this sounds like a desperate customer contact worker trick, which is asking the customer random poo poo that has no impact on anything for a while so they feel they're being heard. Ask them to hold a while, get coffee, tell em 'sorry call back tomorrow', repeat until they get off your back or a change of some sort -- far outside your powers as a lowly phone peon - in circumstances occurs and you can maybe fix their issue

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I like the obvious fiction that dozens of employees throughout the system have an all-points-bulletin in hand with a picture of Dick's box, frantically searching high and low for this very important missing package.

As opposed to the reality that they likely have a thousand missing pieces of luggage in their lovely system at any given time and literally nobody gives a single gently caress about actively finding things, but shitloads of things just gradually filter through their garbage network and maybe arrive where they need to be eventually.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Hey, just wanted to give a shout out to everyone who donated money for supplies and stuff for Dave.
Went ahead and sent it all to him today, as it seems I might be without power or internet for a bit here in the next few days.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Tremek is going to check out the camper now, and then heading to get Dave I believe

Edit: he even went and had his bike checked out at a bike shop and got new brakes on it for 14, this guy is all out great!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

all praise Tremek

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Hail Tremek

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

ExplodingSims posted:

Hey, just wanted to give a shout out to everyone who donated money for supplies and stuff for Dave.
Went ahead and sent it all to him today, as it seems I might be without power or internet for a bit here in the next few days.

This has been nerve wracking waiting for Irma to make the turn north, local guys saying not much more they can forecast until that happens.

Stay safe man.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Well poo poo, that's awesome Tremek

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Elephanthead posted:

Yes it is bigger then a bike frame, are you familiar with what a bicycle is? This one is made for an adult. I cry for this country.

To be fair the greyhound baggage line goes to India. Of this I am 100% sure.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Hail motherfucking Tremek. Thanks, dude, you rule. :3:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Tremek for AI president.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Tremek has the camper purchased and is on the road to 14! Pray the tires make it on the camper

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

everdave posted:

Tremek has the camper purchased and is on the road to 14! Pray the tires make it on the camper

The End of Daves is upon us all.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
That's the wrong Arby's Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/nihilist_arbys

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Daddy's home, kids. :unsmith:

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

what the hell, was the garage sold in its entirety?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

That car hauler...poo poo. I don't even care about the Caddy (and...what's the silver one that the silver Porsche has tried to mate with?), but it's like someone has been monitoring my Google history and loaded up some of my favorites to bring to me personally.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Camper diverting to nearest Walmart auto center in hopes of acquiring new tires

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Didn't the ad say it came with a spare?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Holy gently caress that El Camino. :eyepop:

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Elephanthead posted:

Didn't the ad say it came with a spare?

They were dry rotted bad. Pics incoming

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Whenever I see these on roads, I always want to try to drive under them. Lucky for them, I don't own an NA miata anymore.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Krakkles posted:

Whenever I see these on roads, I always want to try to drive under them. Lucky for them, I don't own an NA miata anymore.

Ask me about my mini cooper daydreams stuck behind these fuckin' things.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Leperflesh posted:

a picture of Dick's box

Leperflesh posted:

a picture of Dick's box

Leperflesh posted:

a picture of Dick's box

Leperflesh posted:

a picture of Dick's box

Leperflesh posted:

a picture of Dick's box

Leperflesh posted:

a picture of Dick's box

Is there a Beavis and Butthead smiley?

To post something actually relevant:

Does Dave have the serial number for the bike? Probably a long shot, and worthless, but if the bike never shows up, could he report it stolen, to say, Denver/SLC/ Oglalalala police?

I'm sure the police probably don't give that much of a gently caress about the 1000th stolen bike report of the day, but if it should turn up somewhere, like in the hands of a greyhound employee, and it was reported as being "lost" during a greyhound trip, maybe it'll bring a bunch of scrutiny and bad publicity to greyhound and their extremely lovely...... evreything

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

wesleywillis posted:

Is there a Beavis and Butthead smiley?

To post something actually relevant:

Does Dave have the serial number for the bike? Probably a long shot, and worthless, but if the bike never shows up, could he report it stolen, to say, Denver/SLC/ Oglalalala police?

I'm sure the police probably don't give that much of a gently caress about the 1000th stolen bike report of the day, but if it should turn up somewhere, like in the hands of a greyhound employee, and it was reported as being "lost" during a greyhound trip, maybe it'll bring a bunch of scrutiny and bad publicity to greyhound and their extremely lovely...... evreything

If it were any regular company, they'd care about their public image. But Greyhound is special. They don't have to care. They know they can treat their customers like human cattle and straight up steal from them and not give a gently caress.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
If you are riding a greyhound, you have exhausted every other option in your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Dave's not looking too good on fb dudes.

• Locked thread