Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Also some Face/Off poo poo must have been going on with the QBs because Smith was throwing dimes all night while Brady looked like dogshit on anything over ten yards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Veritek83 posted:

I was thinking the same thing. I have the feeling that with a better game script, White could have a really nice night. As it was if that TD had counted he'd have been in the mid to high teens in PPR.

Meanwhile LOL Burkhead, although he was two catches away from being relevant.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Forever_Peace posted:

Only real surprise in usage for the Pats rbs yesterday was White running between the tackles on passing down situations in a way that normally would have been Lewis' job. They may be trusting him as a runner more than they used to, and he did look up to the task. Not really fantasy relevant other than reinforcing that Dions value probably hinges on an injury to White but it's cool to see Whites game continue to evolve. Would have been easy for him to stay Theo Riddick.

Yea it was lost for good reason but White quietly put up decent flex/rb3 numbers that looked sustainable. Im definitely not looking to drop him

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

Only real surprise in usage for the Pats rbs yesterday was White running between the tackles on passing down situations in a way that normally would have been Lewis' job. They may be trusting him as a runner more than they used to, and he did look up to the task. Not really fantasy relevant other than reinforcing that Dions value probably hinges on an injury to White but it's cool to see Whites game continue to evolve. Would have been easy for him to stay Theo Riddick.

I'm just really surprised all the Burkhead hype that was getting spewed didn't come to fruition. :confused:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
the new charles sims

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Sep 8, 2017

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Would love some (extremely early) trade advice. 12 team PPR league. My team:

QB: Carr
RB: Jordan Howard, Darren Sproles, Latavius Murray
WR: AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Demaryius Thomas, Jarvis Landry, Tyrell Williams, Pierre Garcon, Rishard Matthews
TE: Gronk

Got autodrafted after Round 5 because I was on a road trip and went through a mobile dead zone, so I'm horrifically thin at RB (and stacked at WR). This is the league I just traded Gillislee for DT - the value there was just too good, even though I need RBs.

Should I offer Keenan Allen for Bilal Powell? It's a hard league to trade in, and very few teams have the RB depth to be willing to move one. This guy does. I'd reallllly rather move Landry, but he already rejected Landry for Powell straight up. Could offer Allen 1 for 1 (injury history scares me). Or like, Landry+Tyrell? Would that be better for me? For him?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Hahaha so I run a 14 team league at the private club I work at. Me and 13 of the members. One of them was getting so drat cocky last night as I was leaving. Gillilee had just scored his first TD. I can't wait to see him today cuz I have Hunt. :smug::smug::smug:

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Got a guy interested in my Kareem for Mike Evans. Really tempting to sell high on one game for a stud receiver that's already had his bye. Thoughts?

My other RBs are M. Gordon, I. Crowell, B. Powell, J. Charles.

My receivers are D. Bryant, M. Bryant, J. Maclin, C. Davis, D. Moncreif, T. Lockette

Seems like an auto mash but having trouble valuing Kareem after his electric first game. 0.5 PPR

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

ZIGfried posted:

Got a guy interested in my Kareem for Mike Evans. Really tempting to sell high on one game for a stud receiver that's already had his bye. Thoughts?

My receivers are D. Bryant, M. Bryant, J. Maclin, C. Davis, D. Moncreif, T. Lockette

Seems like an auto mash but having trouble valuing Kareem after his electric first game. 0.5 PPR

I would do this.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

What an exciting game. My Tyreek Hill/Kareem Hunt team is looking like a juggernaut.

I was particularly impressed with Hill. I know Hunt looked amazing, but Hill looked like Antonio Brown out there. He caught everything that came his way and was targeted like a true #1. I see why the Chiefs cut Maclin now.

How are people feeling about Kelce? My team with him is looking not as strong, but I am still optimistic about his season. I think the Pats schemed to take him out of the game, and he still caught 5(?) balls. I think he's still on track for a big year.

Wish I hadn't passed on Gillislee in so many leagues.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ZIGfried posted:

You get Mike Evans after his bye. That's fantastic.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You get Mike Evans after his bye. That's fantastic.

But the downside is kicking yourself at the end of the season when KHunt maintains an average of 250 yards and 3 TDs per game.

More seriously, is there an concern about Miami and TB guys wearing down or winding up with nagging injuries without the bye to rest up?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Butter Hole posted:

How are people feeling about Kelce? My team with him is looking not as strong, but I am still optimistic about his season. I think the Pats schemed to take him out of the game, and he still caught 5(?) balls. I think he's still on track for a big year.

TEs are garbage anyway, and the Patriots explicitly focused on shutting down Kelce because he was a known threat. Now that it's established that the Chiefs have two other threats I suspect he'll get open a lot more, plus his use in the run game as a solid blocker means he will likely stay on the field forever. Gronk did even worse.

I'm more amused at how little Tom Brady did.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Ben Nevis posted:

But the downside is kicking yourself at the end of the season when KHunt maintains an average of 250 yards and 3 TDs per game.

More seriously, is there an concern about Miami and TB guys wearing down or winding up with nagging injuries without the bye to rest up?

No they are professional athletes who will be playing 16 straight games instead of 10 or 11. They will be fine (especially a WR or QB)

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Is there a/what is the best site that breaks down spreads and how to bet them?

I'm in a spread pick'em pool and looking for some info.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

TEs are garbage anyway, and the Patriots explicitly focused on shutting down Kelce because he was a known threat. Now that it's established that the Chiefs have two other threats I suspect he'll get open a lot more, plus his use in the run game as a solid blocker means he will likely stay on the field forever. Gronk did even worse.

I'm more amused at how little Tom Brady did.

I guess TE really is garbage. Your sheet values Kelce and Gronk pretty highly though! I think they're both going to be a lot better than they were last night for the rest of the year.

I'm excited for all the "Brady's Done" hysteria that will surely arise after last night :v:

Butter Hole fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 8, 2017

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

ZIGfried posted:

Also potentially have the Jordy owner interested. Evans post bye or Jordy?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Is the madden curse still a thing? Brady might be the latest victim.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

pubic works project posted:

Hahaha so I run a 14 team league at the private club I work at. Me and 13 of the members. One of them was getting so drat cocky last night as I was leaving. Gillilee had just scored his first TD. I can't wait to see him today cuz I have Hunt. :smug::smug::smug:
some guys at work insisted on us doing a league so I joined it and they only got six teams. What a joke of a league. so no one even owns Kareem Hunt and I have the #1 waiver priority, guess I'll pick that guy up huh

e: I honestly think this league would be more legit if I'd made 6 add'l dummy yahoo accounts to fill it to 12 teams, had the dummy accounts autodraft and dilute the player pool and then sit there making 0 moves all season

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 8, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

six teams is fine for a learning how to play thing, but actual competition will be stupid and a joke this year. Maybe just wait it out and next year you'll attract some more players?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I feel like a 6 team league with deep rosters and and a lineup something like 2QB, 4RB, 5WR, TE, 3 WTR flex, and then however you want to do kickers/D could be a lot of fun.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Yeah I'm in a four person league where the starting spots are just triple a standard 12-person league and it's pretty fun. It reduces variance.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Welp, Hogan put up a goose egg against his KHunt.

Welcome back, fantasy football, I've missed your emptiness.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I had Hunt in my crosshairs to draft at pick #37 (keeper league). Once it came around I got really greedy and held off, thinking I could wait for the turn and grab him at pick 44 instead to squeeze out some extra keeper value. He got snagged with pick #42, then of course he gets matched up against me in week one and put up nearly 50 points. I knew the moment it happened that I had made a big mistake and now I have a feeling this is going to haunt me for a very long time.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Teeter posted:

I had Hunt in my crosshairs to draft at pick #37 (keeper league). Once it came around I got really greedy and held off, thinking I could wait for the turn and grab him at pick 44 instead to squeeze out some extra keeper value. He got snagged with pick #42, then of course he gets matched up against me in week one and put up nearly 50 points. I knew the moment it happened that I had made a big mistake and now I have a feeling this is going to haunt me for a very long time.

Who did you take instead?

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Alfalfa posted:

Who did you take instead?

Crabtree at 37, Powell at 44. It's a keeper league so everybody is shifted up ~20 spots and at the time, Hunt's ADP was like 100+. I underestimated my league and thought he'd slip by a few more rounds.

Had I stuck with my original plan I'd probably be holding something like Hunt/Tate, so I'll see how they all compare at season end.

My bigger worry is that I lost a potential keeper option because right now my roster doesn't have much upside for next season.

Teeter fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Sep 8, 2017

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I specifically ignored Gillislee because of Belichicanery. Also skipped over Khunt a couple times on purpose for guys like Dalvin Cook, Zeke, McCaffery.. I own no shares of either and am both sad and amazed. Didn't have to play against either last night though so phew

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Butter Hole posted:

What an exciting game. My Tyreek Hill/Kareem Hunt team is looking like a juggernaut.

I was particularly impressed with Hill. I know Hunt looked amazing, but Hill looked like Antonio Brown out there. He caught everything that came his way and was targeted like a true #1. I see why the Chiefs cut Maclin now.

Hill legit looks like a top 5 WR out there. I also consider Andy Reid a really really smart dude tm and he'll be sure to find ways to get Hill involved a lot.

I don't feel so bad not getting them considering Hill went in the early 2nd and Hunt went in the mid 2nd and I thought I could get them both in the third.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Doltos posted:

Hill legit looks like a top 5 WR out there. I also consider Andy Reid a really really smart dude tm and he'll be sure to find ways to get Hill involved a lot.

I don't feel so bad not getting them considering Hill went in the early 2nd and Hunt went in the mid 2nd and I thought I could get them both in the third.

Yikes, if it's a standard redraft that's pretty absurdly early for those guys. Maybe not in hindsight. I got Hill in the 5th and Hunt in like the 11th before Ware got hurt (Ware in the 6th, glad I handcuffed!)

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

A guy in my dynasty league has D. Murray, Ajayi, K. Hunt, Evans, Julio, Keenan Allen, Graham, and Brady.

I have no idea how we're supposed to compete with that. We have no contracts either, so unless I'm a bad person that just drops out because my team sucks I'm not sure what to do. Regretting joining a dynasty league.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Butter Hole posted:

A guy in my dynasty league has D. Murray, Ajayi, K. Hunt, Evans, Julio, Keenan Allen, Graham, and Brady.

I have no idea how we're supposed to compete with that. We have no contracts either, so unless I'm a bad person that just drops out because my team sucks I'm not sure what to do. Regretting joining a dynasty league.

Guy in our dynasty lite league has DJ and Bell.

Guys get hurt in football all the drat time. That's how you compete.

Just kidding, you're gonna lose. So am I.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Butter Hole posted:

Injuries, time, and the variation of fantasy football will turn this team into a joke in a year or so. That's the beauty of dynasty.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Guy in our dynasty lite league has DJ and Bell.

Guys get hurt in football all the drat time. That's how you compete.

Just kidding, you're gonna lose. So am I.

Was about to type a response similar to this. Things change fast in the NFL, there's only been one game this season and already the stud landscape has dramatically shifted.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Anyone think I should try to trade Gillislee for a stronger WR? (10 man non-PPR)

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

KingKapalone posted:

Anyone think I should try to trade Gillislee for a stronger WR? (10 man non-PPR)

You can try but trades are pretty rare in 10 teamers. You have three ponies you can ride to the playoffs if Zeke plays the whole season.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Seen enough fantasy flash in the pans in my time. Enjoy tonight but it's more likely he's a Thomas Rawls than a Jamaal Charles.

Rawls is good

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

KingKapalone posted:

Yesssssss. See if you can ride the hype somehow and get an elite WR. There's no guarantee that next week he scores nothing and the Burkhead truthers have the greatest day ever.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
14 teams. $200 auction budget, 0.5 ppr. other settings standard (2 rb 2 wr 1 flex 1 te)
It's a destination auction in Lake Tahoe, so the only time we can all get together is tomorrow.
If you get a player from Thursday's game, you get their points this week.

How much would you pay for Hunt?

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 8, 2017

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Butter Hole posted:

I love dynasty, but this is why I'd never join a dynasty money league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

KingKapalone posted:

Yes. And don't play a Thursday player in your flex spot.

• Locked thread