Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/906155659120566272

Calling it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
still hoping the hurricane that takes out mar-a-lago is huracán josé

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

Right now, the Republican Party has been hijacked by its extreme base — leaving a number of people, just like me, with no place to go. This is a unique opportunity for the Democratic Party to fill that void, but it can only happen if Democrats make an honest effort.

So sick of hearing this. They have never been hijacked. The party has always held pro-white, anti-everything else positions in every policy they've put forward for the past 55 years. If he still sees no place to go then he is devoid of compassion and/or empathy. He is a lost cause and the left wouldn't want him anyways.

:catbert:

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

Philthy posted:

So sick of hearing this. They have never been hijacked. The party has always held pro-white, anti-everything else positions in every policy they've put forward for the past 55 years. If he still sees no place to go then he is devoid of compassion and/or empathy. He is a lost cause and the left wouldn't want him anyways.

:catbert:

Exactly. Instead of telling the Democrats to move to the right, these former Republicans need to realize they were as wrong about taxes, social services, and economics in general as the were wrong on issues of racism.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
it's the will rogers phenomenon

that dumbass switching from gop to dem would make both parties slightly worse

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
What kind of loving moron treats politics like sports? Backing the wrong sport team doesn't kill people and tank the country.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Thundercracker posted:

What kind of loving moron treats politics like sports? Backing the wrong sport team doesn't kill people and tank the country.

tell that to the byzantines

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Thundercracker posted:

it's like they're loving morons or something

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Badger of Basra posted:

tell that to the byzantines

ok, that was a fun reference :lol:

justinian for the history lols :laffo:

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.
Florida: "Help! HELP! I'm a super-flat state that's right in the way of hurricanes all the time!"
Goons1-4: "START PREPARING NOW! You gotta elect people who will protect the wetlands that absorb all the flooding, get serious about preparing for climate change, and no matter what you do, STOP PAVING OVER the whole state!"
Florida: "I'm thinking I should elect Rick Scott and a bunch of people who say that climate change isn't real, so that will make the hurricanes not happen."
Goon5: "NO! I lived in Louisiana, and we had a Republican president and governor and it was a REALLY BAD IDEA, their ideas are like cancer."
Goons6-8: "We're sending in Al Gore and pretty much all the climate scientists in the world, and they say stop paving over wetlands and cutting regulations on development and pollution!"
Goon9: "I've even sent you a 1.6 billion dollar plan to make Florida more safe from hurricanes!"
Florida: "I can see the scientific consensus and the plan, but I'm thinking I should just deregulate all the developers and corporations and just pave over the floodplain of every large city in Florida. Should I deregulate?"
Goon10: "No! If you deregulate, your whole state will be so vulnerable to hurricane damage that you'll be proper hosed. I should know, I almost drowned in Katrina."
Florida: "I deregulated a little bit, and reduced the repair fund down to $50 million, and now all my corporate friends are much richer and tell me they love me. Should I deregulate some more?"
Goons11-18: "NO! SPEND 1.6 BILLION DOLLARS AND PREPARE YOUR STATE FOR A HURRICANE, CLIMATE CHANGE IS REAL, AND YOU'RE GONNA GET hosed!"
Florida: "Guys, Hurricane Irma is headed straight for me, but it's impossible for that to be true because we banned our scientists from even mentioning the word climate change. Plus, noted Floridian Rush Limbaugh says this hurricane is fake news, and we should all just stay in our homes. Help! HELP!!!"
Goon19: "I had a CAT 5 hurricane coming toward me once. We had prepared for a decade in advance, building dikes and levees, spending money on infrastructure and preparedness drills, and got the whole state, regardless of race or affiliation, to participate in drills so that we would be prepared. Plus we realized that more government is GOOD in this case, and spent a BUNCH of money making sure we'd be safe in the future. I've designed and built a time machine which I'm sending to you, so you can go back to 2005, and start immediately on increasing the size of your government and funding so your people don't all loving die in a terrible, terrible, preventable disaster.
Florida: "Thanks for your help, guys. I'm gonna keep voting for Republicans and people who deny climate change to make the hurricanes go away.
Then I'm going to cut more taxes and regulations and build a fuckin shitload of McMansions all over the coast."
**Quidam Viator tells all the Floridians they are loving idiots, and that electing Trump and the GOP will not, in fact, result in good things, but instead, will cause them and everyone and everything they love to be destroyed. Then he votes for Trump so the Floridians would get what they want, and pisses off to a geologically safe region**
Goon21: "Guys, seriously... stop being accelerationists, it's loving ghoulish. It's not Floridians' fault they got in this situation, and it's terrible that you voted for a guy knowing that his policies would kill all the people who believed in him."
Floridian:"Yeah, like any of you guys have even seen a real hurricane, I've got 25 blocks of ice, and I'm gonna ignore that lieberal evacuation warning, you tankie antifa globalist fucks."
Everybody: *Laughs at Florida having committed suicide via its own stupidity, pisses on its corpse.*

AHAHAHAHAHAHA i may not be able to show you on the doll where florida touched me, but it broke my fucken brain, and now I can only shitpost my glee in knowing that a kind of karmic justice is beginning to descend upon the shittiest state in the union

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Quidam Viator posted:

Florida: "Help! HELP! I'm a super-flat state that's right in the way of hurricanes all the time!"
Goons1-4: "START PREPARING NOW! You gotta elect people who will protect the wetlands that absorb all the flooding, get serious about preparing for climate change, and no matter what you do, STOP PAVING OVER the whole state!"
Florida: "I'm thinking I should elect Rick Scott and a bunch of people who say that climate change isn't real, so that will make the hurricanes not happen."
Goon5: "NO! I lived in Louisiana, and we had a Republican president and governor and it was a REALLY BAD IDEA, their ideas are like cancer."
Goons6-8: "We're sending in Al Gore and pretty much all the climate scientists in the world, and they say stop paving over wetlands and cutting regulations on development and pollution!"
Goon9: "I've even sent you a 1.6 billion dollar plan to make Florida more safe from hurricanes!"
Florida: "I can see the scientific consensus and the plan, but I'm thinking I should just deregulate all the developers and corporations and just pave over the floodplain of every large city in Florida. Should I deregulate?"
Goon10: "No! If you deregulate, your whole state will be so vulnerable to hurricane damage that you'll be proper hosed. I should know, I almost drowned in Katrina."
Florida: "I deregulated a little bit, and reduced the repair fund down to $50 million, and now all my corporate friends are much richer and tell me they love me. Should I deregulate some more?"
Goons11-18: "NO! SPEND 1.6 BILLION DOLLARS AND PREPARE YOUR STATE FOR A HURRICANE, CLIMATE CHANGE IS REAL, AND YOU'RE GONNA GET hosed!"
Florida: "Guys, Hurricane Irma is headed straight for me, but it's impossible for that to be true because we banned our scientists from even mentioning the word climate change. Plus, noted Floridian Rush Limbaugh says this hurricane is fake news, and we should all just stay in our homes. Help! HELP!!!"
Goon19: "I had a CAT 5 hurricane coming toward me once. We had prepared for a decade in advance, building dikes and levees, spending money on infrastructure and preparedness drills, and got the whole state, regardless of race or affiliation, to participate in drills so that we would be prepared. Plus we realized that more government is GOOD in this case, and spent a BUNCH of money making sure we'd be safe in the future. I've designed and built a time machine which I'm sending to you, so you can go back to 2005, and start immediately on increasing the size of your government and funding so your people don't all loving die in a terrible, terrible, preventable disaster.
Florida: "Thanks for your help, guys. I'm gonna keep voting for Republicans and people who deny climate change to make the hurricanes go away.
Then I'm going to cut more taxes and regulations and build a fuckin shitload of McMansions all over the coast."
**Quidam Viator tells all the Floridians they are loving idiots, and that electing Trump and the GOP will not, in fact, result in good things, but instead, will cause them and everyone and everything they love to be destroyed. Then he votes for Trump so the Floridians would get what they want, and pisses off to a geologically safe region**
Goon21: "Guys, seriously... stop being accelerationists, it's loving ghoulish. It's not Floridians' fault they got in this situation, and it's terrible that you voted for a guy knowing that his policies would kill all the people who believed in him."
Floridian:"Yeah, like any of you guys have even seen a real hurricane, I've got 25 blocks of ice, and I'm gonna ignore that lieberal evacuation warning, you tankie antifa globalist fucks."
Everybody: *Laughs at Florida having committed suicide via its own stupidity, pisses on its corpse.*

AHAHAHAHAHAHA i may not be able to show you on the doll where florida touched me, but it broke my fucken brain, and now I can only shitpost my glee in knowing that a kind of karmic justice is beginning to descend upon the shittiest state in the union

log off

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

The trump voters in Florida will be fine. Rick Scott made it illegal to say climate change and if you don't say the words it can't hurt you

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Don’t assume that everyone who voted for this president is a dupe or a racist.

:qq:

I know the thing with marks is they'll never admit they're a mark, but Jesus.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

if his girlfriend isn't using him for a green card and cucking him every night, i'm very disappointed in her

:qq:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

if his girlfriend isn't using him for a green card and cucking him every night, i'm very disappointed in her

don't worry
she is

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Relevant Tangent posted:

I know the thing with marks is they'll never admit they're a mark, but Jesus.

so...if you're a mark who looks back on a time when you were scammed, and think, 'i was a mark that time', what does that mean?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Thundercracker posted:

It's not that people treat politics like sports (although a lot of the horse race stuff is similar), it's that big sports fans treat sports like they oughta treat politics.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

don't worry
she is

That Gatsby movie was weird but you gotta admit the casting was spot on

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Inescapable Duck posted:

:thunk:
:agreed:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Though Tobey Macquire made me keep thinking it'd be a prequel for Depression-era Spider-Man, which would be rad as hell

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I hope these mouthbreathing Rushies live record their last moments on Earth before Hurricane Irma pulverizes them.

"But....but Rush said hurricanes are a myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyth! :byodood:"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Inescapable Duck posted:

Though Tobey Macquire made me keep thinking it'd be a prequel for Depression-era Spider-Man, which would be rad as hell

we don't need a one more day movie thanks

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

https://i.imgur.com/B7jF4pd.png

crosspost from irma chat

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

nm posted:

This chart confirms my suspicions that gen xers are even worse than boomers.

It's weird because they moved the goalposts for Gen-X by several years. I was born in 78 and technically I'm not a gen-xer although my brother who's 10 years older than me is. in this chart it shows me as a gen-xer which I guess is okay, and it also shows that people of my age went left-leaning which is probably true

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Inescapable Duck posted:

The only real weird thing about it was recontextualizing the Gay 20s within the scope of Hip Hop bling and luxury, which isn't a bad direction for something of that scope. The music is pretty strong, especially the Florence and the Machine & Lana Del Rey songs that tie into the book plot.

Ok, making Nick a drunkie was maybe not too good and a weak way to get a frame story working.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
Where are the people realising that their own choices have killed them

Why is this thread not delivering

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Inescapable Duck posted:

less skyscrapers to websling from :/

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
is this another hurricane thread

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

mister magpie posted:

is this another hurricane thread

More of a post hurricane thread with people who have lost everything and their earlier tweets calling climate change a hoax

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

The funny thing is that one could ignore the idea that these hurricanes are the result of climate change and still get the gently caress out of Dodge while this poo poo is going on. What's occurring right now is a special level of stupid from Trumpeters.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Obliterati posted:

Where are the people realising that their own choices have killed them

Why is this thread not delivering

why are you signing your posts

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

gj farting out a million words about florida to try explain how you voting for trump was actually cool and good

You're human garbage

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I hope ICE agents snatch you off the street and deport you to Guatamala just like you voted for

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

coyo7e posted:

It's weird because they moved the goalposts for Gen-X by several years. I was born in 78 and technically I'm not a gen-xer although my brother who's 10 years older than me is. in this chart it shows me as a gen-xer which I guess is okay, and it also shows that people of my age went left-leaning which is probably true

‘Gen-X,’ and every other ‘Generation’ is bullshit. They’re meaningless distinctions with no consensus over definition which allows anyone to skew them to whatever suits the point they’re trying to make at the time.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Grassy Knowles posted:

‘Gen-X,’ and every other ‘Generation’ is bullshit. They’re meaningless distinctions with no consensus over definition which allows anyone to skew them to whatever suits the point they’re trying to make at the time.

i mean previously sure but there's distinct differences between the people that grew up without computers, the people that grew up without cell phones, and the people that grew up with both computers and cell phones

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
[quote="“Business Gorillas”" post="“476253133”"]
i mean previously sure but there’s distinct differences between the people that grew up without computers, the people that grew up without cell phones, and the people that grew up with both computers and cell phones
[/quote]

Your post exemplifies why it’s bullshit—none of those demographics are defined solely by date of birth, but also class, social, and geographic statuses.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

if only there was some way to quickly and conveniently group people by what technological and political events happened during their childhoods

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Grassy Knowles posted:

almost like they're primarily a marketing tool or something

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Grassy Knowles posted:

Your post exemplifies why it’s bullshit—none of those demographics are defined solely by date of birth, but also class, social, and geographic statuses.

I'm not sure if you've noticed but homeless people have smartphones nowadays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

There will be a Donald J. Trump Presidential Library.

And probably his literal tomb.

Even Nixon has a presidential library. Why not go there and see Nixon's grave? Ruthlessreviews.com poster and likely goon 'Monte 'did so in 2005. He even took pictures.