Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Freedom Fries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

After the mortgage crisis, congress passed a law saying credit agencies would now be liable for their ratings after they rated junk mortgage-backed securities AAA, and the day the law went into effect trading ground to a total loving halt because every agency said "you can't use our ratings anymore for your products!!!!" and the FCC had to step in and say "just kidding ignore that law"

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

zegermans posted:

After the mortgage crisis, congress passed a law saying credit agencies would now be liable for their ratings after they rated junk mortgage-backed securities AAA, and the day the law went into effect trading ground to a total loving halt because every agency said "you can't use our ratings anymore for your products!!!!" and the FCC had to step in and say "just kidding ignore that law"

SEC not FCC i hope

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

zegermans posted:

Glenn Beck went from the most influential right wing pundit to a guy who is so unpopular he had to make his own sirius/xm channel because he got booted off of the conservative one

Right wingers turning on the milktoast cucks will never not be extremely funny

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

quote:

Her love for the Republican Party began in the 80's. Over the years she was proud to have chaired a luncheon for Barbara Bush, chosen to be a delegate to multiple national conventions, counted chads, worked on multiple strike forces across the country, and helped elect many Texas Republicans including Governor Greg Abbott, Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison and President George W Bush. Patricia's accomplishments and awards were many. While governor, George Bush appointed her to the TX State Banking Board and the Red River Boundary Commission. Pat Peale's love for politics will live on forever.

My only regret is that she didn't live to see the Maoist Uprising

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
glenn beck: ex-morning radio shock jock and adult convert to mormonism

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Imagine someone you know just being like "gently caress it, I'm a Mormon now". What would you even say? That one's not in my playbook.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I feel like it would have to come as part of some kind of struggle with substance abuse (as it did in this case) so I'd probably just say lol whatever it takes I guess

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Peanut President posted:

SEC not FCC i hope

oops

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Imagine someone you know just being like "gently caress it, I'm a Mormon now". What would you even say? That one's not in my playbook.

"So, are we gonna gently caress, or what?"

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

ScrubLeague posted:

Freedom Fries

That one is gonna be tough to explain to my grandkids someday.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

check the house for gas leaks / weird fungi?

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Probably Magic posted:

That one is gonna be tough to explain to my grandkids someday.

no worse than liberty cabbage (google it)

america has been insane before us and it will be after us

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Regular Nintendo posted:

no worse than liberty cabbage (google it)

america has been insane before us and it will be after us

My favorites liberty measles

Like, at that point you're just associating the word German with Liberty

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Watch out, working poor, the Kaiser's coming to give you Labor Rights!

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
You know I always wondered what people compared things they disliked to before Hitler was around

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dreddout posted:

Watch out, working poor, the Kaiser's coming to give you Labor Rights!

Wow, cool new picture of Supreme Leader Snoke,

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Andorra posted:

You know I always wondered what people compared things they disliked to before Hitler was around

Cromwell

Numb Three Ers
Jul 7, 2007
What do you mean it's pronouced "numbers"?
Mike gravel throwing a rock into a lake

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The Roots getting in trouble for their song choice during Michele Bachmann’s introduction.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Andorra posted:

Germans have a knack for choosing facial hair that's easily satirized

Did nothing wrong

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

"There is no solitude greater than that of the samurai unless it be that of a tiger in the jungle... perhaps..."
"Unleash Chang"

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
A candidate for Quebec Prime Minister admitted to doing cocaine while he was Minister of the Economy.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?&sort=&asc=0&adminid=&ban_month=11&ban_year=2008&actfilt=9&pagenumber=3

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I thought about it when I was dating a Mormon girl. I couldn't make it through a church service though.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

old.flv posted:

that black man looked really good in that tan suit

fake news khaki always looks bad

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Speaking of mormons

Mormons posthumously baptizing Jews killed in the Holocaust

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Cherie Blair: :mrgw:

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

jesus christ

Best Korea
Feb 15, 2012

Andorra posted:

Genghis Khan and the Mongols.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
hillary fainted on 9/11

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

quote:

grandchildren Mundy I Peale IV

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

exmarx posted:

hillary fainted on 9/11

It's hard to forget this because Garrison still uses her as a synecdoche for Democrats and draws her with her shoe off.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

This is actually heartbreaking to me and not funny, but near the end of Jeb's campaign when he stopped wearing his glasses. Behind the scenes stuff showed his staff had been trying to get him to take them off for a year, but he always refused. They were the one way he'd always stay true to himself, the one thing he'd never compromise on, the one piece of dignity he'd have even if he lost. But then he gave in. This one desperate, last-ditch thing when his campaign was basically already over. It was nothing but a sign of how badly he'd been defeated.

Kinda reminds me of Newt Gingrich giving up his environmentalism in 2012.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
RUMP

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Sarah Palin ended the career of hockey goalie Manny Legace after she was brought out on a carpet to do the "first puck drop" (NHL rip-off of the first pitch), and he tripped over the carpet and hosed up his knee.

I watched that in person and I was like "seriously, this is how it ends? That's the Blues for you."

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Jeb! Repetition posted:

This is actually heartbreaking to me and not funny, but near the end of Jeb's campaign when he stopped wearing his glasses. Behind the scenes stuff showed his staff had been trying to get him to take them off for a year, but he always refused. They were the one way he'd always stay true to himself, the one thing he'd never compromise on, the one piece of dignity he'd have even if he lost. But then he gave in. This one desperate, last-ditch thing when his campaign was basically already over. It was nothing but a sign of how badly he'd been defeated.

Kinda reminds me of Newt Gingrich giving up his environmentalism in 2012.

Av/post combo

Best Korea
Feb 15, 2012
I mentioned this in another thread but Alex Jones and right wing radio's major issue was police brutality and over reach until the day Mike Brown was murdered, then it became an imaginary thing made up so Obama could start a race war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde