Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I'd just take it. Your evasion probably isn't high enough to really rely on it for anything, so you may as well reduce the severity of the hits you do take.

You'll still have 5% chance to evade even with IR, so unless you're rocking a really high evasion rate you probably won't be losing too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
not that i've tried doing this, but most cloud computing solutions don't charge at all for network ingress, if that sniper tool is just written in Python you could probably run it for like four cents an hour on AWS/GCE/Azure/etc

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Any thoughts on where I should go next on the passive tree for my wandfinder CiaphasAltNumberNine? I only have 4.3k HP at 86 (a touch more if I swap out Bisco's), which is abysmal on the face of it, but seems to be enough with all the evasion I have, and VP, and the 'kill them first' philosophy that that enables. Not a lot of readily accessible life left in the next few levels, anyway.

Also, still wearing 5L QotF. Thinking my next job is to pursue a 6L. Should I throw more of my own fusings at the task, or save and buy one already linked?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

either buy one already 6l'd or buy a spare unlinked one to throw fusing at. Don't break your 5l that you're using imo

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Mr. Despair posted:

either buy one already 6l'd or buy a spare unlinked one to throw fusing at. Don't break your 5l that you're using imo

Agreed. Never ruin poo poo that you're using.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Sorry, yes, I thought that was implied.

I've actually thrown about 430 fusing at the one in my stash so far, and sunk cost fallacy compels me to keep going :saddowns:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
How do you get more buttons?

I'm at the point where I have to manually swap out my auras every time I log in or die and it's annoying.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
The fix to that is not dying.

Ciaphas posted:

Any thoughts on where I should go next on the passive tree for my wandfinder CiaphasAltNumberNine? I only have 4.3k HP at 86 (a touch more if I swap out Bisco's), which is abysmal on the face of it, but seems to be enough with all the evasion I have, and VP, and the 'kill them first' philosophy that that enables. Not a lot of readily accessible life left in the next few levels, anyway.

Also, still wearing 5L QotF. Thinking my next job is to pursue a 6L. Should I throw more of my own fusings at the task, or save and buy one already linked?

Just steal dbk's tree. All the cool kids do it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Eezee posted:

The fix to that is not dying.

Just steal dbk's tree. All the cool kids do it.

I originally was following his tree but I was increasingly unhappy with how piss poor my single target at the time was, and I didn't like the extra travel to the Duelist life/jewel cluster, so now our trees are about 25-30 regret different or so in the name of getting more crit and elepen :shrug:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm trying out a Flicker Strike build for the first time. It's fun and seems strong but now I have headache.

Zenithe posted:

I'm at the point where I have to manually swap out my auras every time I log in or die and it's annoying.

I swap aura buttons and then finish by putting my golem there even if I have free slots, because accidentally deactivating an aura in combat is super annoying.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Zenithe posted:

How do you get more buttons?

You don't.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Martyr build take two is turning out well, performs way better than the paladin build I was following and nearly outperforms it 15 levels under

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Qwertycoatl posted:

I'm trying out a Flicker Strike build for the first time. It's fun and seems strong but now I have headache.

I swap aura buttons and then finish by putting my golem there even if I have free slots, because accidentally deactivating an aura in combat is super annoying.

I've got a terminus flicker duelist and it is so disorienting. It's fun figuring out where on the map you finally come to rest and where that chaos orb dropped ten packs ago.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

can I get a guild invite on Quaverfoot?
My build is finally starting to come together (the earthquake Hezmana's linked in the OP) got capped resists up from 30 last night and went from 30 minute labs that blinking could end everything to it being a quick 12 minutes. Still not sure if I should be looking for more keys or just go as fast as I can, I feel almost all the loot is from the chests but since the layout is the same for a day figuring out where the keys are and hitting them up seems p.good.

I took a break after a few runs to run a rare T3 map I had been holding onto from when T2 maps were iffy with my low resists and I believe this is what people call Shav and the meme about vending it on reddit.

Seems like it's worth about 50-100 chaos?(I think this one is on the lower end based on quick research). I haven't played (and never seriously) since beta, this is CI without the only have 1HP isn't it, looks like it could open up several builds. Are there any fun builds I could try with this? I might also say gently caress it and just sell it. I've tried to sell a bunch of rares that look reasonable for 1-3c each and haven't had much luck. Splurged all 10 of my chaos last night on armor and really it's paid off even without this.

Also what is proper trade etiquette for haggling since people seemed confused if I said "I'd like to purchase the gloves you have up for 2c" and just wanted to auto text from poe trade so they could find the tab and everything. Just hit that and then an offer? I have a feeling I'm going to be at prices that haggling is acceptable this weekend.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Shav's opens up a ton of builds that require reserving a bunch of your life since that means you won't instantly rip to chaos damage. Auramancer (although this got nerfed on FoO release) or anything that can use Pain Attunement (30% more damage on low life).

Coincidentally, you should give it to me...for safe keeping...

And yes, just enter in the blurb from poe.trade. Don't expect to haggle.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the proper haggling etiquette is to not haggle

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Man, i loving miss howa ST for boss killing

everything else feels like poo poo compared to that

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Haggling is appropriate for expensive but low liquidity items. If it's under 50c, do not haggle.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

Control Volume posted:

Martyr build take two is turning out well, performs way better than the paladin build I was following and nearly outperforms it 15 levels under

Tell me more about this, I presume, Martyr of Innocence build you've made. I was trying to think of some way to pair that with Eye of Innocence and wonder if you're doing something similar.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I've got a terminus flicker duelist and it is so disorienting. It's fun figuring out where on the map you finally come to rest and where that chaos orb dropped ten packs ago.

Are you following a build? I asked around a couple times and tried looking for one, but I couldn't find any I liked.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

pixaal posted:

can I get a guild invite on Quaverfoot?

sent

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Can I get a guild invite too on Writeabook?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Time to fight Atziri, finally got a Sacrifice at Midnight :toot:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Nachto/characters character is Nachtblader. How bad of an idea is this?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

NachtSieger posted:

Time to fight Atziri, finally got a Sacrifice at Midnight :toot:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Nachto/characters character is Nachtblader. How bad of an idea is this?

Not a bad idea, if you know the mechanics. It might take a few tries to get the hang of. Watch some youtube videos. Make sure to use your ruby flask when she pops her single flameblast (cyclone has a hard time getting out of the way).

You want some gear upgrades. 6S your ngamahu's, at a minimum. Get a better ring than sybil's, you won't need that for the bosses. Link an increased duration and blood rage to your cast when damage taken-immortal call. And get Uber lab, you can ask on /global 820 for a carry. And seem to have forgotten to pick up the Catalyse node.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I haggle if it's a niche item and/or the dude has had it up a while without selling.
I just copy paste the usual blurb followed by ", will you take #c?"
More often than not the dude just says yes.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Phobophilia posted:

Not a bad idea, if you know the mechanics. It might take a few tries to get the hang of. Watch some youtube videos. Make sure to use your ruby flask when she pops her single flameblast (cyclone has a hard time getting out of the way).

You want some gear upgrades. 6S your ngamahu's, at a minimum. Get a better ring than sybil's, you won't need that for the bosses. Link an increased duration and blood rage to your cast when damage taken-immortal call. And get Uber lab, you can ask on /global 820 for a carry. And seem to have forgotten to pick up the Catalyse node.

Died twice against her gigantic flameblast, once was a legit dumb mistake from not being used to it, the other was a YASD. Overall not completely terrible. Got an Atziri's Promise :toot: Dunno how good it is.

I'll work on getting a better ring than the Sybil's for stuff I know doesn't damage reflect. I'd 6s the Ngahamu's, but I'm worried that I won't be able to get good colors for it and it'll screw up what I have.

I'll get the Increased Duration/Blood Rage when I can gemcutter 20 my CWDT when it finally hits level 20 :argh:

I feel weird about buying an Uber Lab, especially when I can't find that last trial I need. I just specced into Catalyze, I thought I got it when I drifted to getting the Constitution lifewheel. :shobon:

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

NachtSieger posted:

I feel weird about buying an Uber Lab, especially when I can't find that last trial I need. I just specced into Catalyze, I thought I got it when I drifted to getting the Constitution lifewheel. :shobon:

im reasonably sure you can't buy a carry until you have all 6 completed, but if you keep your eye on /global 820 people normally post when they get a trial so just look for the one you're missing

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

terrified of my bathroom posted:

im reasonably sure you can't buy a carry until you have all 6 completed, but if you keep your eye on /global 820 people normally post when they get a trial so just look for the one you're missing

Yeah I went from 1 trial done to all done in the span of about 30 minutes on 820.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

deep dish peat moss posted:

Can I get a guild invite too on Writeabook?

sent

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

beejay posted:

I'm running a cyclone berserker and I'm wondering if I should take Iron Reflexes. I am already pathed next to it for Vitality Void so it would only be one point. I have approximately the same amount of armor and evasion. I can't seem to find a solid answer. The build I'm following doesn't specifically say take it but from what I have begun to gather, the build is a rough guide and doesn't point out some "obvious" things that aren't so obvious to a new person like me so maybe I'm missing it.

edit: my profile - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/beejaywl/characters

IR is rarely worth it.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Could Xenolife get a guild invite if there is space?

Also I just discovered the 20% quality hammer + random map = chisel recipe. Shudder to think how many I've missed out on.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I know I'm still technically under par but my god does sinking 800 fusings into a QotF and not getting a 6L hurt. :(

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

zxqv8 posted:

Tell me more about this, I presume, Martyr of Innocence build you've made. I was trying to think of some way to pair that with Eye of Innocence and wonder if you're doing something similar.

Yeah thats pretty much it. The eye of innocence is the real basis of the build, the martyr of innocence just fits in nicely. Burn yo self and get constant explosions and cast when damage takens

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
If I already have a Tempest's Binding just from farming Beachhead should I bother getting a +2 barrage rare helm or just keep rolling this one in lab hoping for the jackpot?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

AnonSpore posted:

If I already have a Tempest's Binding just from farming Beachhead should I bother getting a +2 barrage rare helm or just keep rolling this one in lab hoping for the jackpot?

Trying to hit a specific enchant is a fool's errand. There's like 300 of them. What you CAN do is keep rolling and sell your hat once you hit something valuable, using those funds to buy the hat with the enchant you want.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ciaphas posted:

I know I'm still technically under par but my god does sinking 800 fusings into a QotF and not getting a 6L hurt. :(

you know you are jinxing it, right? you'll spend 1201 fusings to get it

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

you know you are jinxing it, right? you'll spend 1201 fusings to get it

More like 3000

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you only get the easy 6l when you are super nonchalant about it

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Doesn't explain all the times I've thrown fusings at a 6S at the end of the league and have still yet to get a 6L in over 2000 hours of gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

never a single 6l? drat dude