Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Legit sad about don williams, an american family friend dragged me along to see him when he came to the UK once and he was great.

Also the recent solar weather has been intermittantly knocking out NOAA weather radios

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/5997ea/solar-flares-interfered-with-radio-networks-ability-to-warn-people-about-hurricane-irma

This is TEOTWAWKI poo poo preppers jack off to

http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/Northern-Lights-may-be-visible-in-Virginia-Friday-night-443150753.html

If you're in MD/VA/PA you can probably see the northern lights tonight because of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Legit sad about don williams, an american family friend dragged me along to see him when he came to the UK once and he was great.
Edit: Wrong music guy.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 9, 2017

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

e: god drat imgur

RFC2324 fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Sep 9, 2017

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
WHAT CAN I GET ON GOOGLE PLAY, ANSWER ME

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

I'm the face in the upper right corner

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/905611123394793472

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
who here likes to fly

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.7a23e84231c1

https://twitter.com/AirlineFlyer/status/905980994406281216

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
So I threw shutters up on 3 houses today, and finished my parents. Exhausted. The wind is really picking up, no rain yet. Praying tampa gets turbo hosed (sorry) and Miami is spared. Found a colombian bakery for lunch and bought empanadas and a bunch of bread and poo poo.

For dinner I dont want to start eating our food already so we went to Davie ale house. They are operating normally and with the only game in town, wait was like 45 mins. Had our last supper and expect to wake up to serious rain and water tomorrow in the AM.

Concerned regarding where the dog will poop and pee but have a covered,shuttered patio so she's gunna have to figure it out.

Have 48 bottles of water and 10 gallons among 4 people. Lots of food.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Waroduce posted:

Praying tampa gets turbo hosed (sorry)

Yeah gently caress my whole family. I guess it's kosher to say I hope your whole family gets hosed by this.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Waroduce posted:

So I threw shutters up on 3 houses today, and finished my parents. Exhausted. The wind is really picking up, no rain yet. Praying tampa gets turbo hosed (sorry) and Miami is spared. Found a colombian bakery for lunch and bought empanadas and a bunch of bread and poo poo.

For dinner I dont want to start eating our food already so we went to Davie ale house. They are operating normally and with the only game in town, wait was like 45 mins. Had our last supper and expect to wake up to serious rain and water tomorrow in the AM.

Concerned regarding where the dog will poop and pee but have a covered,shuttered patio so she's gunna have to figure it out.

god speed goon.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
if it makes you feel better, I think truth is somewhere in the middle

I hope both of your whole families get hosed by this

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Third World Reggin posted:

if it makes you feel better, I think truth is somewhere in the middle

I hope both of your whole families get hosed by this

Meanwhile I'm eating popcorn under the gaze of a potential volcano.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lol my father lives in Spring Hill and my sister lives in Dunedin, both will be staying home and taking video.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Tbf I hope we all die in a nuclear hellfire

Nothing personal

Also my condo is going to be underwater tomorrow so I'm.....dealing with that.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah holy poo poo has Trump mouthed off about poo poo like a crazy person lately? I find it hard to believe he's okay with a hurricane getting more coverage than him

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Pesticide20 posted:

Yeah holy poo poo has Trump mouthed off about poo poo like a crazy person lately? I find it hard to believe he's okay with a hurricane getting more coverage than him
9/11 is Monday :shepface:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Waroduce posted:

Tbf I hope we all die in a nuclear hellfire

Nothing personal

Also my condo is going to be underwater tomorrow so I'm.....dealing with that.

Is the insurance market down there recovered from the seething morass of sinkhole claim fraud or are the carriers still like "lol nope enjoy the JUA until you shitbirds stop trying to build extra rooms with fake sinkhole claim money"

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Casimir Radon posted:

9/11 is Monday :shepface:

I have now lost more friends to post 9-11 cancer than 9-11 itself.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

irma shifted west

looks like key west is gonna be hosed

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

Is the insurance market down there recovered from the seething morass of sinkhole claim fraud or are the carriers still like "lol nope enjoy the JUA until you shitbirds stop trying to build extra rooms with fake sinkhole claim money"

I rent I don't own cause I don't have that kind of money so idk also I don't have renters insurance woooo

All my poo poo gunna be gone

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

This is TEOTWAWKI poo poo preppers jack off to

Ugh. Can't believe I have to do this.

TEOTWAKIng-off.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Current Events : Is mar a lago flattened yet?

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

Waroduce posted:

Pro tip:. Weston has a lot of buried power lines, so gas stations and grocery stores are usually up after a storm. Also, you should have brought home a Colombian girl, not bread.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Pro tip:. Weston has a lot of buried power lines, so gas stations and grocery stores are usually up after a storm. Also, you should have brought home a Colombian girl, not bread.

He lives with a Columbian girl.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
My gf is colombian and is staying with us

E: also we live together. She's half colombian and half cuban. Very hot. Very crazy. Dangerously so.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Hurricane Irma just re-strengthened to a Category 5.

Welp.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

FAUXTON posted:

Like any good industry insurance is now built upon fraud with the well placed hope that we the taxpayer will bail them out

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Waroduce posted:

I rent I don't own cause I don't have that kind of money so idk also I don't have renters insurance woooo

Lol

Hopefully you grabbed important documents and poo poo.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

facialimpediment posted:

Hurricane Irma just re-strengthened to a Category 5.

Welp.

the mountains betrayed us

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Renter's insurance with USAA is like $15 a month. JFC

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Waroduce posted:

gently caress I'm sorry goon.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

BigDave fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Sep 9, 2017

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Looks like Miami will get spared the worst of it, but say goodbye to Fort Myers and Tampa.

The soft shall be blasted through the hard.

Chaos will descend upon the well organized.

And the strongest of men will become like a woman of average strength.

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008
Apparently all of my extended family in little Havana declined to evacuate. Really hope I'm mentioned in one of those dipshits wills. I'm last in the family name after all

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Its back to being a Cat 5 and has hit Cuba.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 9, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Outer bands will start hitting miami tonight.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

what do people with boats do? do they just say gently caress it and let insurance cover it or do they move them out of the way?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

trump and his hurricanes has done more for the american ship building industry in six months than obama did in 8 years

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

what do people with boats do? do they just say gently caress it and let insurance cover it or do they move them out of the way?

Apparently they loving push them into the mangroves a bit and ride the storm out inside of them, like I saw a bunch of retards doing on a news feature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Mangroves are unusually good at stopping waves but fuuuuuuck that.

• Locked thread