Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/sailorbee/status/906324568037498880

Crunchyroll is getting Tatami Galaxy! Not a drill!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
which op will it have though

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think there's just the one.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Waffleman_ posted:

I think there's just the one.

they rebroadcasted the show with a different version of the op with added vocals

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Hell yeah!

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Which one's the original? I only remember character cut-outs zooming through filtered photographs. That's a good title though. Might have to finish it this time. It is really not a show that lends itself to dividing your attention.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Colonel posted:

they rebroadcasted the show with a different version of the op with added vocals

I'm assuming it'll be the one Funimation used when they streamed it on Hulu, which was the original broadcast. I'm hoping they got access to the BD masters so I can watch it in HD.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Also as a heads up, I'm gonna start putting together a thread for the Fall Season, but it probably won't go up until next weekend.
:siren:Suggestions for thread titles would be appreciated!:siren:

Here's the lineup for next Season in case you need a reference: http://anichart.net/Fall-2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Fall 2017: Let's Not Ship The Sextuplets This Time

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

You cannot stop it

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Fall 2017: IDOLOCALYPSE

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Autumn 2017: Meh

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I forgot what shows there will be besides booze wife.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Hurricane Totoko

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Fall Comes In Like A Lion

this isnt even funny, i just want more people to talk about 3Gatsu

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Fall 2017: Absolute Kino

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

chumbler posted:

I forgot what shows there will be besides booze wife.

Second seasons of Blood Blockade Battlefront and Umaru

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Fall 2017: Fall 2016 Season 2

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I never noticed a second season of Umaru-chan, Autumn saved I guess.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Gintama, 2nd seasons of 3Gatsu and BBB. Not a bad start, all told.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

Fall Season 2017: The Sexy Sextuplets Who gently caress

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

AnoHito posted:

Fall 2017: Fall 2016 Season 2

yeah this one

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

an actual dog posted:

Fall Season 2017: The Sexy Sextuplets Who gently caress

I refuse to believe these trashboys gently caress.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Guy Goodbody posted:

yeah this one

not true, there is only one season of flip flappers

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
flip flap flip flap

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

an actual dog posted:

Fall Season 2017: The Sexy Sextuplets Who gently caress DAYON!!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

Jyushimatsu fucks

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Saw horizon, got all excited for a half-second.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

an actual dog posted:

Jyushimatsu fucks

Anything you saw is nothing more than an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of underdone potato.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Let's see what original anime are coming out this fall

quote:

The story follows the everyday life of Itsuki, a novelist and "modern day Pygmalion" who works day in and day out to create the ultimate younger sister.

huh

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This Matsu Fucks!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Fall Comes In Like A Lion

this isnt even funny, i just want more people to talk about 3Gatsu

It's topical if you think about it.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

They gently caress around, that's for sure.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I can't wait for their next shot at The Invitational.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Hmm lets see what western fantasy/history shows they got this time

Black Clover by Studio Pierrot
Asta is a young boy who dreams of becoming the greatest mage in the kingdom. Only one problem – he can't use any magic! Luckily for Asta, he receives the incredibly rare five-leaf clover grimoire that gives him the power of anti-magic. Can someone who can't use magic really become the Wizard King? One thing's for sure – Asta will never give up!

Sounds kinda like Mx0 but probably not that good. Also isn't this the studio with cheap animation?

Ancient Magus' Bride by Wit Studio
Chise Hatori has lived a life full of neglect and abuse, devoid of anything resembling love. Far from the warmth of family, she has had her share of troubles and pitfalls. Just when all hope seems lost, a fateful encounter awaits her. When a man with the head of a beast, wielding strange powers, obtains her through a slave auction, Chise's life will never be the same again.

What, is this finally coming out for real?

Where and when does Kino's Journey take place?
UQ Holder worth watching? Do you need to watch Negima or does it stand on its own?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Jackard posted:

Hmm lets see what western fantasy/history shows they got this time

Black Clover by Studio Pierrot
Asta is a young boy who dreams of becoming the greatest mage in the kingdom. Only one problem – he can't use any magic! Luckily for Asta, he receives the incredibly rare five-leaf clover grimoire that gives him the power of anti-magic. Can someone who can't use magic really become the Wizard King? One thing's for sure – Asta will never give up!

Sounds kinda like Mx0 but probably not that good. Also isn't this the studio with cheap animation?

Ancient Magus' Bride by Wit Studio
Chise Hatori has lived a life full of neglect and abuse, devoid of anything resembling love. Far from the warmth of family, she has had her share of troubles and pitfalls. Just when all hope seems lost, a fateful encounter awaits her. When a man with the head of a beast, wielding strange powers, obtains her through a slave auction, Chise's life will never be the same again.

What, is this finally coming out for real?

Where and when does Kino's Journey take place?
UQ Holder worth watching? Do you need to watch Negima or does it stand on its own?

Pierrot makes a lot of stinkers but i dunno what to chalk it up to, since they've also had recent stuff like Osomatsu that has looked consistently great. they have also known when to put the extra effort into animation on shows like Boruto, so i'd just expect Black Clover to come out with some bursts of great action in addition to some low points. it's not going to set the world on fire, but is a really great light-hearted battle shonen if you have any interest in those.

Kino's Journey doesn't have a specific setting. Architecture and technology vary with whatever "country" Kino happens to be staying in, and the show is more like a series of philosophical parables explored through Kino's time in different cultures.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Sep 9, 2017

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Wait they're making a real-deal Ancient Magus' Bride anime? That's great news.

The UQ Holder anime looks insanely low budget. I don't know why it's so hard to get a good anime adaptation of Negima.
The legacy stuff doesn't show up until like 100 chapters in so the anime will probably stand on its own.

Negima is worth the read anyway, it owns and is a lot better than UQ Holder IMO.

HellCopter fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Sep 9, 2017

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Jackard posted:

It's technically a direct sequel to Negima (there's some time travel fuckery so it's not quite a full sequel) but watching negima wouldn't help anyways since Negima's anime never touched any of the core important plot stuff. Akumatsu's stuff just tends to get poor anime adaptations for whatever reason

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
black clover has serviceable fights, but most of the appeal comes from the charming characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Fall 2017: It was Garo all along, Austin

• Locked thread