Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

theres 0 difference between console games and PC games if you plug your controller in/get a bluetooth adapter. go with game, my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If you buy pc it will go on sale on console next week so there is no satisfying answer

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

homeless snail posted:

theres 0 difference between console games and PC games if you plug your controller in/get a bluetooth adapter. go with game, my friend

you still have to worry about memory and graphics cards and .ini files and whatever

that's why i only play indie games on PC (if we're counting Obsidian's new games as indie, anyway, which i am)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

precision posted:

you still have to worry about memory and graphics cards and .ini files and whatever

that's why i only play indie games on PC (if we're counting Obsidian's new games as indie, anyway, which i am)

i mean if you wanna go crazy with modding ini files are a thing i guess but that shouldn't be a concern unless you're trying to play something old or with a crappy port

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

whats memory

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to Japan and China for a month this fall so I bought a Surface Pro and an 8BitDo SNES controller so I can have a portable emulation/RPG device during downtime

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Robot Wendigo posted:

I just love the title screens for enemies that pop up in Yakuza Kiwami. I keep hoping for one that just says RANDOM DOUCHEBAGS.

PS it's a fun game

Close enough

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

precision posted:

Greetings, traveler from 1997! We have such sights to show you!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

raditts posted:

Greetings, traveler from 1997! We have such sights to show you!

well, i mean, you still go into your .ini at least once to skip the intro logos--though i guess these days it's more renaming some .bk2s so the game can't access them properly.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You still have to worry about poo poo randomly not working because you have the wrong combination of whatevers.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

You still have to worry about poo poo randomly not working because you have the wrong combination of whatevers.

i mean again this depends entirely on whether the port sucks or not

there are concerns when playing stuff on pc but they pretty much all come down to whether anyone responsible for the port is available to give two shits to fix them. i have these kinds of issues all the time with games from like pre-2009 but more recent games largely work fine

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Sep 9, 2017

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

goferchan posted:

I heard one report saying it's a joke but I'm still kinda confused as to whether it is or not. Pretty funny though (it apparently doesn't affect combat difficulty, just the way that NPCs treat you and how much money you earn in-game)

It sounds like a clever bit of commentary so I assume Ubisoft fought against it tooth and nail.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if you want to know whether a game will be a pain in the rear end to get working, check if it has mixed ratings on steam because that's one of the few things that will make people give a game mass negative ratings

that and being no man's sky or introducing the creation club

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
"PC gaming is so complicated!" says the man whose life is an infomercial. "There's got to be a better way!" he says, trying to insert his graphics card into a USB port.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Not everyone owns a Gaming PC. We have a 4 year old laptop that does everything I need it to do except run games that I can buy on PS4 anyway so :shrug:

e: this is why I want Subnautica on PS4, even people with much better computers have told me it's an unoptimized mess

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
"PC gaming is so easy!" says the man who tries different solutions to play a game but it turns out none of them work because he has the wrong brand of video card

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

"PC gaming is so easy!" says the man who tries different solutions to play a game but it turns out none of them work because he has the wrong brand of video card

it's your fault for buying an amd

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i have an amd and that has never happened to me :shrug:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

The Colonel posted:

Just wait a month for the driver update and you are good to go.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I beat risky boots mode in 87 minutes...got metroid vanias on the brain. I need Samus Returns now, and I hope it has sequence breaking!!! My biggest concern is that Zero Mission made Metroid 1 so amazing because they included a crap ton of alternate routes with the explicit intent of allowing for speedruns and low% runs. But Metroid 2 has that inherent "Kill X Metroids to lower the Lava" design and if they stay beholden to that idea with no alternates it could be kinda lame to replay. Fingers crossed...

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

The Colonel posted:

I am not the man in the infomercial

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

chumbler posted:

I'm bored. Which Advance Wars CO had the best theme music?

Sensei, unquestionably. But Gage and Lin are strong contenders

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

chumbler posted:

I'm bored. Which Advance Wars CO had the best theme music?

Sasha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJzp-w8Zuak

e: and just because it is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqQRxBSSfqI

Damn Dirty Ape fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Sep 9, 2017

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

That has never happened to me, even when I had very bad/old/cheap computers.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mordja posted:

That has never happened to me, even when I had very bad/old/cheap computers.

i grew up having to make freakin' boot discs with custom config.sys and autoexec.bat files for certain games (Ultima 6 :argh: ) and yet after an entire day of trying i couldn't get Alan Wake to run on this laptop despite exceeding the specs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

WHats everyone playing tonight on this lovely friday?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Ys origin

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I want to finish Yakuza Zero finally but I'm at a point where I have to do a ton of Real Estate Manager because I'm nearly at the point of no return and I need billions of japanbucks to upgrade Kiryu's moves. =\

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THats a sick game. Which char?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the princess peach intro in Mario XCOM is loving incredible
world 2 finally broke my perfect streak though, and that boss is tedious as hell.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

THats a sick game. Which char?

Yunika.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

She's the second best. Which platform are you playing on? The recent dotemu console release rolled back in the original requirements for the third character unlock which is stupid as hell

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

transport tycoon
water
boogiepop phantom

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

She's the second best. Which platform are you playing on? The recent dotemu console release rolled back in the original requirements for the third character unlock which is stupid as hell

Ps4. Its pretty buggy but plays ok

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

In Training posted:

i'm trying for Three Mountains in eu4

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In Training posted:

Still on Metroid II over here.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

i'm trying for Three Mountains in eu4

I saw launching it a few times tonight and I was thinking about booting it up myself and doing a middle eastern region run :cheers:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Instead I've beeen playing SFII

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Who you main?

• Locked thread