Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mr President posted:

People understand they can not buy loot crates right? and if enough people stop buying loot crates guess what? They will stop putting overpriced loot crates in games!

What a concept!

That's not how it works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I'd be really curious to see what age group spends more on loot crates. Anytime I think of microtransactions all I can picture is a 12 year old who's parents entered in their CC information to buy 1 item on xbox and that kid just now racks up the bill since that info stays in the system. I picture this because I knew a guy who was completely ignorant to technology and did this with his son.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I mostly picture middle-aged people with 6 figure salaries. Or like, near six-figure salaries.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Well we can take solace in that sometimes the greed does backlash on them. Sometimes. People are not gonna straight boycott a new game that a ton of their friends are playing

Don't get me wrong I hate this system of shaking every penny out of the poor as much as possible but D2 is pretty generous with loot.

If y'all want something to bitch about then look at vanilla Destiny before they redid all that poo poo. It was really really bad.

Bust Rodd posted:

"I want Destiny 2 to be successful and have a long life with many expansions featuring lots of new content!"

I think the point here is that they're literally printing money and have no problems allocating appropriate resources for new content

nachos posted:

Remember that first expansion for destiny 1 which was like 3 single player missions and a strike for 20 United States dollars

And I think those single player missions ran through existing levels backwards

lmao yup it was the same levels backwards and they tied in an enemy being reskinned into the story. Whatever the story is I'm still not sure

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Re: who buys microtransactions

Saudi princelings with sex dungeons to get back to

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I liked that story about the mobile game that made most of its money off of one particular richass Saudi that they looked up on facebook and figured out his favorite soccer team, and then put expensive skins in the game with the team's colors.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

homeless snail posted:

I liked that story about the mobile game that made most of its money off of one particular richass Saudi that they looked up on facebook and figured out his favorite soccer team, and then put expensive skins in the game with the team's colors.

That owns

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The future loving sucks its great

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

LawfulWaffle posted:

Destiny 1 had a bunch of Sparrows (the hover bike/landspeeder) that had the same model with different colors, many available only through purchase with real money. Most Sparrows in Destiny 2 have varied body types but come in white so you can color them as you wish. Same with the space ships.

I want every game to have Saints Row 2/3 levels of customization. Make yourself into whatever the hell monstrosity you want to be, then change your mind an hour later. Wear any combination of clothes with any colour options you like, go from sophisticated man of class to distressed technomage to something that would make every member of the Village People feel too formally dressed. Make your vehicles ridiculously gaudy or ultra-black, with huge spoilers, spiked wheels, wacky horns and a dozen bells and whistles. At the cost of, what, ten minutes dicking around and causing chaos?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's rad as hell that now even the Exotic gear and the weapons can be customized, but trying to find all the shaders for them right now is a pain in the rear end. I'm sure it'll be better in the coming weeks when people figure out where the gently caress I'm supposed to go redeem rep to get the shaders I want but all I want is to have a gaudy Louis Vuitton Gundam and drat if I know where to get more of that black gold shader.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

TheDarkFlame posted:

I want every game to have Saints Row 2/3 levels of customization. Make yourself into whatever the hell monstrosity you want to be, then change your mind an hour later. Wear any combination of clothes with any colour options you like, go from sophisticated man of class to distressed technomage to something that would make every member of the Village People feel too formally dressed. Make your vehicles ridiculously gaudy or ultra-black, with huge spoilers, spiked wheels, wacky horns and a dozen bells and whistles. At the cost of, what, ten minutes dicking around and causing chaos?

Well Saints Row 3 had worse customization than Saints Row 2 and the last two Saints Row games had none at all so good luck.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Last two? No, Saints Row 3 and 4 both had customisation, even if it wasn't nearly as elaborate as Saints Row 2. If THQ hadn't gone bankrupt then Volition could have made Saints Row 4 into a complete game with real textures and stuff, but they just released what they had and haven't made any games since.

Not one. Nope.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Agents of Mayhem seems like an okay £20 game in a few months, certainly not at 'lets pretend it never happened' levels anyway.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

haveblue posted:

I'm saying you can't play the "what are you doing with your life" card on only one small aspect of video games, a pure leisure activity with significant upfront costs and zero tangible returns. Stick with the exploitative capitalism arguments, they work better.

Sorry homes playing tlou single player ain't no leisure activity, that poo poo is stressful

Destiny on the other hand :chloe:

:siren: xxXXSTOP BUYING BAD GAMES PEOPLEXXxx :siren:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

yeah but the boat level in Destiny 2 is really really good tho

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nice boat

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

were you gonna put spoiler tags on that or

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It's amazing how you can still be so mad over something that some random dude posted forever ago.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yo

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It's amazing how you can still be so mad over something that some random dude posted forever ago.

who's mad? Just having a laugh lol

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm mad about boats

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

No one actually feels emotions on the internet other than lol.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Snak posted:

I mostly picture middle-aged people with 6 figure salaries. Or like, near six-figure salaries.

Sorry 2 disappoint.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'm mad about boats

Your position on boats was noted on Nosehair Canals, sir.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Regardless of anger levels the ship has sailed on boat jokes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

yeah but the boat level in Destiny 2 is really really good tho

I laughed when you start that one early mission actually on a boat because of this thread

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That boat looks nice at a glance, but on the inside it's completely empty aside from a pricey mini bar and it only sails in circles within the same 100 foot radius.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
What are the Koei strategy games )Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Nobunaga's Ambition) on PS4 like? I remember some reviewer saying that they found one of the games (I think Nobunaga's Ambition) to be pretty hard, even if you were someone who excelled at strategy games. I know they've also been released on PC, but I know Koei's not the best when it comes to PC port, and I was just sort of curious how well they play on consoles.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
ROTK and NA are rare for Koei in that they're still PC games first, so they actually work quite well there and it isn't a massive shitshoot like all their ports.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Caved and bought destiny 2. It's the first I've consciously caved into a bombardment of advertising for a video game.

I look forward to shooting some fuzzing aliens.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Macarius Wrench posted:

Caved and bought destiny 2. It's the first I've consciously caved into a bombardment of advertising for a video game.

I look forward to shooting some fuzzing aliens.
Too late everyone's already max level but you.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Quote-Unquote posted:

I laughed when you start that one early mission actually on a boat because of this thread

yeah I lol'd pretty hard internally at that

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I don't get the reference.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i would hate to spoil it for you

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Awesome! posted:

:vince:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

You my friend awesome! You my boy

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I bought a year of ps plus and downloaded infamous SS.
The game looks great. It was a launch title wasn't it? You can kinda tell by the way they use the touchpad and controller gyros for spraying right at the start and opening doors.

I haven't played long but this game is definitely worth the 4€ for this month alone. Child of Light is great to have as well and adds to my cough coop collection.

Hatoful boyfriend can go eat pigeon poison though. Thankfully I had the pleasure of playing that garbage on PC so I didn't even add it to my library.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Awesome! posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Hopper posted:

I bought a year of ps plus and downloaded infamous SS.
The game looks great. It was a launch title wasn't it? You can kinda tell by the way they use the touchpad and controller gyros for spraying right at the start and opening doors.

I haven't played long but this game is definitely worth the 4€ for this month alone. Child of Light is great to have as well and adds to my cough coop collection.

Hatoful boyfriend can go eat pigeon poison though. Thankfully I had the pleasure of playing that garbage on PC so I didn't even add it to my library.

Yeah for some reason Infamous SS is still one of the best looking PS4 games. Maybe not so much as of recent, but it definitely holds up. Also I think with that one and infamous: first light, they added HDR and or 4k?