Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Mazerunner posted:

no I mean the vanguards, shaxx, eververse, bird lady- they all go to the tower and are NOT replaced.

the only things that stick around in the farm are a cryptarch, vault and postmaster.

So yeah you can decode engrams at the farm, but uhhh, that cryptarch is further from the spawn than the tower's so that really defeats the whole idea

there is actually a quest that has you talk to farm's cryptarch but for general gameplay there's zero reason at all to use the farm, you're going to use the tower, and the tower is very big and spread out for some vendors

e; although tbf the vendors you're going to use regularly (postmaster, shaxx, gunsmith, cryptarch, zavala, eververse, vaults) they are all in the central location and bunched up so that's good

There is still soccer at the farm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yes and the pro move is to get one to a hilarious number and then stop

In the end we are all going to take emblems which tracks the number we hosed your mom or pegged your dad.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Serf posted:

Went to collect my clan reward and got the Borealis. I think I'm up to 5 exotics now not counting the repeat helmet I got. Seems like Bungie has figured out a better drop rate for good poo poo because now I gotta sleep but all I can think about is getting back and doing more poo poo in this game. The fact that just about everything you do shits gear/tokens that lead to gear is great. Gotta give it more time, but I think they may have refined the "loot" part of the "shoot-n-loot" game pretty well. Destiny has always had top-notch shooting, so if the loot drops continue to be this exciting I could see myself spending way too much time on this game.

I'm PL 253 and still haven't received any exotics aside from the quests (and the engram turned into the same armour piece I got at level 10). Must be really unlucky I guess.

But ya loot is good

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Would appreciate a PSN invite, PSN name's also zelah

Thanks!

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Definitely the best-looking gun so far is Fighting Lion. Not the best in-combat (despite the name and lore snippet, it hits like a goddamn wet rag) but holy crap it's gorgeous.

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Sep 9, 2017

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Earlier I was posting how my ghost shell gives gunsmith telemetry data on kill, and I feel like it might be bugged. I noticed that any time you happen to be holding enough rep mats, the guy who accepts that mat starts blinking in the director. But ever since I got this shell, the gunsmith is different. It's like half in sync. I regularly show up and dump off parts and only get halfway, or end up dumping parts and get 1.5 rep boosts. It's weird, feels weird. I don't know if i'm not getting the rep I'm supposed to, or if the display is just glitched.

Also, lol at Cayde's bullshit loving treasure maps. It's all ridiculous joke stuff like "a real lovely sword," "a completely normal coin," "a shmusonious cube," "a real crap gun," and then "holy poo poo exotic engram!"

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Tried to join bone krew (e: Schizoid21st)
Patrolman @ heart, since D1.

I still don't have the first milestone for crucible (complete two games, don't even have to win). I wasn't able to get the loving thing to load, it sat evaluating guardians for more than ten minutes.

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Sep 9, 2017

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Also, lol at Cayde's bullshit loving treasure maps. It's all ridiculous joke stuff like "a real lovely sword," "a completely normal coin," "a shmusonious cube," "a real crap gun," and then "holy poo poo exotic engram!"

the schmoradric cube is no joke

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

-edit

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Sep 9, 2017

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

hey jubei youre looking for this button here

JubeiValintine
Sep 9, 2017
I would like to join the PlayStation 4 clan please. My playstation name is JubeiValintine.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
you know destiny 2 is popular because we're getting j4gs loving up application posts

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lol welp

it's not like goons are terrorizing the community somehow or something

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

One day I found out that my urine was acting like a powerful foaming agent.
I got two insurmountable skull farts.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

limaCAT posted:

There is still soccer at the farm

there's soccer at the tower, too :ssh:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I like the shader system, a lot. Makes me want to grind for a good look. Using one of my three Golden Trace shaders on my Valakadyn, it felt cool and deserved which is enjoyable. I'm all for this.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Emalde posted:

It's a thing Servitors do

I said big bass, not big balls. I know captains and servitude do. This is different... I should have gotten a video today. Maybe tomorrow... it's like you look over off to the side, see a cabal or whatever, and then it disappears or shifts.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Even though there's some real lazy rehashing in place I'm starting to appreciate how much this game is a genuine sequel and not Bungie nuking the game and slapping Destiny 2 on the cover. It's a logical progression and they have trimmed out so much of the bad. Maybe later in it won't hold up as well but as of now I'm glad they didn't try to force something completely new and different just because.

How far am I in the story if I've (not too spoilery) gotten the crew back together and am doing the whole sneaky ship + almighty attack?

I <3 the plot and missions a lot more than I expected. It's another way they nailed the old school approach but made sure to cut the fat and make everything more fun.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Kilometers Davis posted:

How far am I in the story if I've (not too spoilery) gotten the crew back together and am doing the whole sneaky ship + almighty attack?

A couple levels from the end

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I played and enjoyed destiny 1 but got into it too late and the story was incomprehensible to me. Does destiny 2 assume I know poo poo? Is it newbie friendly gameplay wise? Also how is the game with just pugging stuff? I never have time to play with friends

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Cayde maps own because one of them gave me an FWC auto rifle that's otherwise impossible to get and it shoots like a god drat laser beam, probably the most stable auto rifle I've ever found. Even keeping my thumb off the stick the recoil only raised the aim a few degrees.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

teacup posted:

I played and enjoyed destiny 1 but got into it too late and the story was incomprehensible to me. Does destiny 2 assume I know poo poo? Is it newbie friendly gameplay wise? Also how is the game with just pugging stuff? I never have time to play with friends

Eh, I dunno. I'd say it's pretty good for noobs, especially if you gently caress around and take the time to scan objects of interest. You don't get anything material out of it, but your sidekick will give random little extra comments that sort of tie back to the story. I think it does a decent job of just dumping you in with no story, but I probably wouldn't notice a gaping hole because I played the first one. I think it'd work out. Early cut scenes would do almost all the heavy lifting.

The game will walk you through noob gameplay stuff. It gives a tutorial level that covers most of the basic situations you'd experience and starts you from weak as poo poo nothing and gradually steps you up. It'll give little popup pointers on how stuff works, but I missed some because I was in the middle of a fight when they happened. Pay attention to tooltips I guess. I'm sure the thread can answer whatever questions remain. By like level 3 you'll have most of your powers and should have a feel for them. Then you can start to think about branching out or picking different abilities.

Every class has a jump, a punch, a grenade, and a "b" or utility ability or w/e. You push B on xbone to do it. You also have the super ultimate power. Each class has a different set. Then each class can have three flavorful subclasses: grape, blue raspberry, and orange. So there's a fair amount of variability depending on how you want to play. You can switch between subclasses any time you want. You can also make 3 guys so there's no reason, other than time, to not just do one of each main class and just dick around with the different types until you find the one you like. The flavor changes are smaller than the main class changes, with the supers being way different but everything else pretty close-ish. Within each subclass you can pick between a few different options on exactly what grenade, exactly how to jump, etc.

One thing I remember is I couldn't figure out how to jump with Warlock until a lot longer than I should have in D1, in D2 it tells you what the deal is right off the bat. If you pick warlock in D2 your armor drops will look like stupid rag clothes until you get to other planets and higher levels. I was waiting for D2 to come out so I was in D1 at 11:45 walking around the main hub wearing my level 1 clothes that I kept for the whole game and they still looked kinda cool. Futuristic and understated comparted to some guy walking by with literal monster parts taped to his face. But seriously there are a lot of neat looking warlock armors but the low level ones look like absolute garbage and even one or two of the mid grade ones are dumb. All the decently powerful ones look cool to me though. This is important because most of the game is actually making your space mans look good and not shooting bad guys.

Both me and my brother separately tried doing some solo PvP and it was difficult for us to match into games for some reason. He ended up getting in but I didn't care enough to stick with it. He also ended up playing with some dude he knew. Can't really give advice on that.

Angry Walrus posted:

Cayde maps own because one of them gave me an FWC auto rifle that's otherwise impossible to get and it shoots like a god drat laser beam, probably the most stable auto rifle I've ever found. Even keeping my thumb off the stick the recoil only raised the aim a few degrees.

drat, I love autorifles. drat, i'm ok with FWC. Man I gotta get the last two chests.
Is he going to have one set of maps for each planet? Like every week maybe? Hmm.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
I'm fairly certain his maps will be refreshed every week for whatever destination is the flashpoint. It'd be really stupid if he only ever gave you five maps you could just blow through in as many minutes and that's it, that's all you get for destiny 2.

FWIW anything you get out of them is completely random. I haven't seen (not that I've looked very hard) anyone else claim to get FWC gear out of the deal, one guy in the discord said he got a New Monarchy scout rifle. I'm just guessing that Cayde's chests have the chance to drop anything that's in the game.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Kilometers Davis posted:

Even though there's some real lazy rehashing in place I'm starting to appreciate how much this game is a genuine sequel and not Bungie nuking the game and slapping Destiny 2 on the cover. It's a logical progression and they have trimmed out so much of the bad. Maybe later in it won't hold up as well but as of now I'm glad they didn't try to force something completely new and different just because.

The have made a lot of changes in the way to integrate QoL changes, but these changes don't just feel like removing barriers, they make the game much more fresh:
- Being able to jump to a public event from the map from anywhere, no hassles
- No having to levelup weapons
- Leveling the armour dude for engrams
- Getting a free miscelanea poo poo engram from the eververse lady when the leveup (used to be 5 motes of light)
- Map

I still see things I don't understood. Why the chest maps from Cayde exist?
The Guild system was not really ready to release.

Edit:
WARLOCKS HAS BEN REMOVED FROM THE (COOP) GAME

I occurs to me that now hunters are 1000x more team oriented than warlocks. What a warlock drags to a team other than damage? warlocks don't have a team oriented feature. They use to have rez has a way to save a team from a wipe, but now they don't even have that. Warlocks are now doomed to be revived by hunters and protected by titans, while the other class do the game changing things.

Edit2:

I have a friend that have the theory that the Trials of the Nine will be 3 vs 3 vs 3. Thats unlikely but drat... makes a lot of sense!

Tei fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Sep 9, 2017

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Tei posted:

What a warlock drags to a team other damage? warlocks don't have a team oriented feature.

Rifts are cool but years of being yelled at not to stand in poo poo on the floor has discouraged pubbies from using my damage boosts.

Warlock jump is slightly better than D1 I think but still reminds me of the garbage bag blowing in the wind scene from American Beauty.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Why can't I find any goon clans through the Destiny website? What exactly am I missing here.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Hello, I'm going to get hopelessly addicted to this and would like to join the clan. PSN herr_pink

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Even though there's some real lazy rehashing in place

The only genuine rehashing I've seen are a couple of gun models from the first game. I'm puzzled.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

The only genuine rehashing I've seen are a couple of gun models from the first game. I'm puzzled.

I found a small area that's copy pasted from a D1 pvp map, but other than that I haven't seen much :v:

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
So are fusion rifles and shotguns forever relegated to the power weapon slot? Fusion rifles were my jam in D1.

Also are clans a bit hosed at the moment? The one I joined seems to try to load the roster infinitely and it’s not showing the right number of members

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I'm warlock and I just played that Nessus side mission where you need to find failsafe's original Captain. You have to do this jumping part and it was just a complete whore bastard. Every time I thought I'd be able to pull myself up over the ledge it was impossible and I had to fall for a half hour until I could try again

Ok well 30min is insane. You know if youre gliding and press jump it kills the glide and you go straight down depending on your momentum. You can then hit jump again before hitting the ground and you'll start gliding, using up the remainder of time leftover from when you killed the jump.

Warlocks can handle platforms better than any other class when you get the hang of it and you're able to control your glide length, speed and time.

Personally I use blink but it's not for everyone.

96 spacejam fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Sep 9, 2017

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
Looks like the PS4 clan is full.

Nevermind, joined the overflow overflow big, dumb space men as relax_yn

bigzak fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Sep 9, 2017

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Yeah it's not bad at all. I think I mainly meant lazy in general. I was expecting the subclass missions to be different but they're all the same mission with new matching text. Stuff like that. Those missions are some of my favorites in the game though so they obviously know what they're doing.

Tei posted:

The have made a lot of changes in the way to integrate QoL changes, but these changes don't just feel like removing barriers, they make the game much more fresh:
- Being able to jump to a public event from the map from anywhere, no hassles
- No having to levelup weapons
- Leveling the armour dude for engrams
- Getting a free miscelanea poo poo engram from the eververse lady when the leveup (used to be 5 motes of light)
- Map

I still see things I don't understood. Why the chest maps from Cayde exist?
The Guild system was not really ready to release.

Edit:
WARLOCKS HAS BEN REMOVED FROM THE (COOP) GAME

Yep. They could've be lazier and just cut the bullshit between point a and b but instead chose to make everything more rewarding and fun while also flowing better. It's good game design and even with the stronger focus on story you're never stuck being bored or frustrated while waiting for something to happen.

Rifts are great though! And I think it could be argued that the vertical ability of Warlocks is huge for pulling away the focus of enemies at least in pvp. They don't have a utility as strong as the Titan shields though, sure.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

you know destiny 2 is popular because we're getting j4gs loving up application posts

As long as they play nice with us and join the Discord and learn our arcane ways, I'm cool with that: https://discord.gg/SA9aSPu

But for the sake of making sure people aren't left out, is this a list of the people who need invites or a clan link?

Soulex13
Zelah
JubeiValentine
Herr_Pink

Here's the overflow clan link:
https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2232592

Please let me know if there's any further confusion or questions. Looks like the overflow overflow overflow clan just hit the weekly XP bonus too lol.

Have a nice weekend. I'm going to go shoot real guns before I jump back into D2.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So since I've maxed out Code of the Protector that's that for that branch right? It's at its maximum and I can't do anything else? That seems pretty underwhelming compared to all the stuff you could get for everything in D1 (even if half of that was sort of lame). It's cool I can get the Ward of Dawn again but it sets to Armor of Light, and you can't modify that at all. There were three options for that in D1, for example.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I like how Hawthorne Hawksworth makes a huge deal about not being a guardian and about having her own village by the sea that she runs like a fiefdom but as soon as she gets the chance she parks her rear end right in the penthouse suite of the tower and leaves her fam at the farm

Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

Fighting evil with cups of tea and crippling self-doubt.
I am terrible and will make you terrible by my presence. Can I have a clan invite? PSN: SadsackSA.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Sent a request to join the PS4 overflow clan Big, Dumb Space Men as Kevlar Beard

iKissChicks
May 1, 2008

Stringbean posted:

Why can't I find any goon clans through the Destiny website? What exactly am I missing here.

I've been having the same problem. Clicking the link in the thread goes nowhere. It seems like I can't get to whatever "apply for clan" option other people are getting. That's why I just asked for an in game invite, seemed easier. Still waiting on that invite too! PSN is hershekiss as a reminder to anyone reading this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Goddamn this loving thread moves fast now, even with half of the posts being join requests.

Got my first rare yesterday and it's loving awesome. The loot chase feels so good this go around.