Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Mortarion is $AU230 :staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cainer
May 8, 2008

adamantium|wang posted:

Mortarion is $AU230 :staredog:

Is there a source on that cause more expensive than a knight? That is amazing.

Edit:VVVV Well I have a nurgle friend who is not going to be super pleased. Good year blimp, I know it's GW but there has to be a roof on this somewhere.

Cainer fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Sep 9, 2017

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Cainer posted:

Imgur album from WD has morty at 140 Freedom Dollars.

https://m.imgur.com/a/90wRO

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Cainer posted:

Pre orders are up.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
lol at how they decided to make him more expensive proportional to how many more people are going to use him relative to Magnus

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Enjoying these dice:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer-40000-Death-Guard-Dice-2017

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Those dice are terrible. I can't tell if one is a 4 or a 5, I guess another is a 6.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Welp guess I'm just plunking down money for the book today and waiting for Morty to hit eBay. Considering his size I was expecting somewhere around 70-80 ($77 would've been cute) but close to double that for a model smaller than a Knight is insane.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Oh man those are pretty rad, lol at AUD$230 for Morty though holy hell

DPM fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Sep 9, 2017

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

PierreTheMime posted:

Welp guess I'm just plunking down money for the book today and waiting for Morty to hit eBay. Considering his size I was expecting somewhere around 70-80 ($77 would've been cute) but close to double that for a model smaller than a Knight is insane.

He's more expensive than I thought he'd be, but only by $10. Magnus is 130 so he was never gonna be less than a hundo

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Raphus C posted:

Those dice are terrible. I can't tell if one is a 4 or a 5, I guess another is a 6.

They're awful for actually reading on a table but the aesthetic is fun. The worst ones are these: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer-40000-command-dice-2017

That poo poo is completely unreadable across a table. Absolutely ripe for cheating.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
I want those dice, but I also want to see them tested to show how hilariously non-random in their results they look like they'll be.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I was just thinking, NOVA should have held a swap meet, maybe for half a day on Saturday.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Corrode posted:

They're awful for actually reading on a table but the aesthetic is fun. The worst ones are these: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer-40000-command-dice-2017

That poo poo is completely unreadable across a table. Absolutely ripe for cheating.

My store's had to ban these alongside clear white dice and and those AoS Tzeentch dice for anything but marking wounds/objectives after the usual cheats flocked to buy them.

That being said, I'm totally getting those DG dice.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

OhDearGodNo posted:

I was just thinking, NOVA should have held a swap meet, maybe for half a day on Saturday.

Might be worth suggesting to Mike.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I love the Command Dice even if only for the hiding space marine symbol.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
At least they have some contrast and don't have a symbol on the 1 or 6. gently caress anything other than high contrast dice with no symbols.

DanoTuka
Apr 8, 2015

OhDearGodNo posted:

I magnetized every turret, which is how I spent two of the days. I really haven't used any SM weapons to know which are effective so I often just make it so I can swap everything out.

Did your main body panels line up right? The front quarter panel on mine had a gap so large I had to fill it with GS.

Yeah they lined up just fine, sorry to hear yours didnt. At least you got it fixed with the GS.

I'm starting to feel like I should have used magnates on my dread and my repulsor. Lucky for me, most people I play with aren't super strict on the WYSIWYG poo poo.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Should I use the last of my metal single blood drop shoulder pads on these Biglys? On one hand I'm not buying any more small marines so there's no saving them. OTOH without the new BA codex I'm not sure how the biglys will fit in the army. Like, all my poo poo is post Tycho 3rd Co, except for my veteran dudes. Do I give them the 3rd Co or will the biglys be their own "11th Co" in BA.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

DiHK posted:

Should I use the last of my metal single blood drop shoulder pads on these Biglys? On one hand I'm not buying any more small marines so there's no saving them. OTOH without the new BA codex I'm not sure how the biglys will fit in the army. Like, all my poo poo is post Tycho 3rd Co, except for my veteran dudes. Do I give them the 3rd Co or will the biglys be their own "11th Co" in BA.

I'd probably give them 3rd company stuff. It sounds like there were very few survivors from Baal so the bulk of the chapter will likely canonically be Primaris. It doesn't make much sense to form an 11th company if 1-10 are completely crippled.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Are the various related codices going to be able to use stratagems from each other? Like, will the Death Guard have access to the Chaos Space Marine stratagems and vice versa?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

goose willis posted:

Are the various related codices going to be able to use stratagems from each other? Like, will the Death Guard have access to the Chaos Space Marine stratagems and vice versa?

Non codex Marines explicitly do not get the strategem etc from the vanilla codex. I would be shocked if Death Guard etc were any different.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

drat the Tallyman looks so good.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Felime posted:

At least they have some contrast and don't have a symbol on the 1 or 6. gently caress anything other than high contrast dice with no symbols.

Symbol dice 4 life.

goose willis posted:

No.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Holy poo poo that little Beetle Daemon Engine :allears:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Felime posted:

Same.

Although I still unironcally love the Death Guard dice despite never wanting to use them. They're just so cool conceptually.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

goose willis posted:

No. Any shared stratagems will transfer over, like they've done with the other codexes so far.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Lord_Hambrose posted:

drat the Tallyman looks so good.

He does, but I'm not a fan of the new Typhus at all :(

Just seen the Apothecary Plague Surgeon, Biologus Putrifier and the Foul Blightspawn too, definitely gabbing those.

richyp fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Sep 9, 2017

DanoTuka
Apr 8, 2015

richyp posted:

He does, but I'm not a fan of the new Typhus at all :(

Just seen the Apothecary Plague Surgeon, Biologus Putrifier and the Foul Blightspawn too, definitely gabbing those.

where are we seeing these models?

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

DanoTuka posted:

I'm watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGm23-GYHeI

20-22m in for those three and the Tallyman..

Just up to the terminators at about 30ish mins. Two different types so far, Deathshroud and Blightlords.

EDIT: That fleshmower for Nurgles Garden :) (45mins)

richyp fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Sep 9, 2017

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

With the way detachment rules work can you technically make a battle-forged army out of nothing but Fortification Networks

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

DanoTuka posted:

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2398

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

goose willis posted:

With the way detachment rules work can you technically make a battle-forged army out of nothing but Fortification Networks

Yep, technically you could.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I love the Tallyman so much.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
He's pretty awesome, but drat it's gonna be hard to resist having him drawing a dong on his clipboard.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Seeing new releases with actual wargear options is a huge relief, not gonna lie. Vehicles are one thing, but the Blightlords look like they can actually support swapping their left and right arms and that is important.

The character models for the Blightspawn and Biologis are a dud imo, but I love the Tallyman and think the Plague Surgeon is pretty cool. Having an apothecary will probably make Nurgle even more scarily durable, too.

In my books the Bloat Drone updates (please make this a two model kit), Blightlords, Tallyman, Plague Surgeon, and missile bunker are the winners of the new release line. Which, being most of the updated line, is a pretty drat good track record I'd say.

The Bee fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Sep 9, 2017

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
New trailer, nice close ups of some of the new stuff and look at some cosmetic choices choices for the multi-part kits.

https://www.facebook.com/WarhammerTVteam/videos/436579096737074/

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I just noticed something about the Primaris inceptor boots..

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Re: Anniversary Primaris Captain, didn't the web previews all say that you'd be able to order it at your local store for a full year following that store's anniversary this year? GW made a whole big deal about "This way everyone will be able to get one!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Stephenls posted:

Re: Anniversary Primaris Captain, didn't the web previews all say that you'd be able to order it at your local store for a full year following that store's anniversary this year? GW made a whole big deal about "This way everyone will be able to get one!"

My store got like 30 so I don't think they're in short supply.