Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Free rainbow lucky draw!

Never mind it's a double draw. Blue'd on the second pull.

Winners get an art book, $30 of 711 money. And a jacket like the producer.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Sep 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I just downloaded this and am working on the rerolling. Am I just doing the 250 daily summon before I reroll, or do I also burn my 7 free summon tickets as well?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Fhqwhgads posted:

I just downloaded this and am working on the rerolling. Am I just doing the 250 daily summon before I reroll, or do I also burn my 7 free summon tickets as well?

Burn your free tickets on the Onion Knight banner. Then keep rerolling till you get him.

I mean, there are other units worth stopping on, but he's the new hotness. And he's easy to gear up on a new account because of his built in dual wield and having his best weapon as his TMR.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Fanfest finished. Got some videos of the band playing to upload along with pics.

Also befriended a designer/marketing girl that works for Gumi.

Got a gift bag with some swag. Will level and throw up the Laswell for anyone interested as my friend unit.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
It's a shame the Lasswell is fanfest exclusive. He's a nice flexible imperil unit but probably not worth taking as a friend over a whale 5* chainer.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So, MagicTalk™:

I was just able to awaken my Marie by grinding out those last few Support Alcrysts from Room of the Wise, so I can start using her as a support/healer for this ludicrous endgame content like the Heim and Marlboro trials. I've got the defensive side locked down now, or almost so.

Mostly, I'm wondering about the best way to kill this guy. I can Awaken Dark Fina's Ultima to +2, is using two Trance Terra's better or worse than using Two Awakened Dark Finas? I'd prefer to save those black crysts Trance Terra if possible. I see Tengama has an Emperor who can cast Alterna, does Alterna benefit from the Fire From Below trick? Can it solo Hein in under 15 rounds?

i did it in 11 rounds with a gimp ace and a friend d. fina with ultima +2. her osmose is capable of fully refilling her and i bet with a consistent mag buff and constant spr break on Hein she could probably solo kill it under the limit. if you've got your own mage to help with the damage the rest of your guys can focus on survival and support and it'll go faster.

biggest thing i can recommend is bring someone who can prevent status debuffs. i think marie can handle that but i dunno i don't have one. i used Earth Veritas' Omni-Block, but Tillith can do it too.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

Fanfest finished. Got some videos of the band playing to upload along with pics.

Also befriended a designer/marketing girl that works for Gumi.

Got a gift bag with some swag. Will level and throw up the Laswell for anyone interested as my friend unit.

any word on if Noctis is getting un-gimped?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

new kind of cat posted:

I befriended a guy after I got there who became my unofficial translator. He told me apparently there was a fanfest in Taiwan previously but only 50 people went, and he was able to ask a few questions one of which was if Noctis was going to be unnerfed and he said the developers said it was pretty likely he would be after they felt the meta had advanced to a point where he wouldn't completely overshadow everyone. However his banner wasn't announced today, so that could mean they'll hold off on him.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

new kind of cat posted:

The JP release schedule saw Noctis release on a solo banner with some other FFBE units in a few weeks from our current intent. Then 3 weeks later the other FF15 units had a banner and I think a raid. My guess is that Noctis will get fixed, put back on banner alongside the other FF15 units and they do the raid event all together. Probably in a month or so, I doubt they split all that up. It's believed that the Noctis unit was rushed before the other content in order to coincide with the launch of FF15.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

new kind of cat posted:

i did it in 11 rounds with a gimp ace and a friend d. fina with ultima +2. her osmose is capable of fully refilling her and i bet with a consistent mag buff and constant spr break on Hein she could probably solo kill it under the limit. if you've got your own mage to help with the damage the rest of your guys can focus on survival and support and it'll go faster.

biggest thing i can recommend is bring someone who can prevent status debuffs. i think marie can handle that but i dunno i don't have one. i used Earth Veritas' Omni-Block, but Tillith can do it too.

We'll see how it goes, thanks for the input! I may resort to Awakening her if my friend choices don't pan out.

Cartoon Man posted:

The JP release schedule saw Noctis release on a solo banner with some other FFBE units in a few weeks from our current intent. Then 3 weeks later the other FF15 units had a banner and I think a raid. My guess is that Noctis will get fixed, put back on banner alongside the other FF15 units and they do the raid event all together. Probably in a month or so, I doubt they split all that up. It's believed that the Noctis unit was rushed before the other content in order to coincide with the launch of FF15.

Can't wait to not draw Noctis again!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

new kind of cat posted:

That's actually helpful; I have more than a few swole-rear end TTerras and Aces on my friends list, so if I run EV/9S/Dark Fina/Refia then all I'd need is someone to handle the bar-elements. Maybe I'll dust off CoD, which would assumedly be better than nothing. Either that or Pal Cecil with Carbuncle on...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cry Havoc posted:

they should troll us with a message saying ramza enhancements are coming soon

They'll send the notification a month after bard enhancements hit. So expect it some time in 2035.

PaybackJack posted:

No straight answer on a Mystic Quest collab but I asked and demanded a 5* Benjamin.

Glad to see someone was willing to ask the important questions.

PaybackJack posted:

Will there be another Secret of Mana collab event? Answer: Probably in February with the release of the 3d game.

Please tell me someone asked for clarification on this. Were they referring to the cheaply made 3D SoM remake, or did someone from Gumi just up and confirm that the Mana Collection is getting released outside of Japan?

They're probably referring to the 3D remake (or something else entirely) but I really want the Mana Collection (in English) for my Switch. :(

Cartoon Man posted:

It's believed that the Noctis unit was rushed before the other content in order to coincide with the launch of FF15.

Noctis was absolutely rushed to Global as part of the FF15 launch as a way to promote the game in FF15.

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character
Finally beat Hein the Mage on my fourth try in 7 turns with my somewhat unorthodox team of Aileen, Agrias, Ashe (551 MAG), Ace (728 MAG), Veritas of the Earth, and friend Ace (897 MAG) missing the 5-man reward in the process. The best healers I have would probably be Luka or Refia, but I don't have either of them leveled to 6*s yet, nor do I have some of the other 5* base or limited time healers/support characters. It didn't look like Luka or Refia showed up in other people's attempts so I decided against trying to power level them. My first 3 attempts used WoL as my tank/breaker, but I ended up falling way short, so I spent a bit of NRG on Cactuar Dunes to level VoE up to level 97 when I learned he had a break resistance ability.

I got Aileen to around 250 SPR and Agrias to 300 SPR by taking off most of their ATK gear and 20-30% Fire-Ice-Thunder resistance with stuff from the Dragon armor set. Then I gave Aileen Toxic Rain and Pod 153, while Agrias got Dual Cast and Carbuncle. I was able to give Agrias, Ashe, and VoE confusion resist. Sleep resist was only on VoE and Ashe. The Aces had the lowest HP at ~3700 and ~3900.

The Aces were my damage dealers using Tri-Beam Laser and the occasional LB each turn. I think I had the orange Tri-Beam proc once so that helped moved things along. I did without an Undead Killer materia or Odin when I realized that didn't unlock the Undead Killer node on Odin yet and my friend Ace did not have it either. Agrias spent each turn Dual Casting some combination of Curaja and the Bar(Thunda-)(Fi-)(Blizza-)ra spells. Aileen used Toxic Rain to inflict Disease or cast Regenerate from Pod 153, used Mirage maybe once to try and build a chan. Ashe used Meditate, Northswain's Glow to cure status ailments and Heaven's Fury for chain building/healing when free. I don't recall using her SPR break though.

No one was KO'd, but I think Ace and Ashe got down to a few hundred HP at one point. The fight didn't last long enough for me to need to use Ace as an MP battery either. I guess my team shows there's still hope for everyone since the way I used Aileen and Agrias makes them largely interchangeable with lots of other characters. I think I might try to do it again without one of the Aces to try for the 15% water resistance reward. Or I'd try without Aileen, but I think Regenerate helped top me off a few times to keep my HP near max and I'm not sure I can squeeze in Pod 153 somewhere else in the rotation.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

They'll send the notification a month after bard enhancements hit. So expect it some time in 2035.

Glad to see someone was willing to ask the important questions.

Please tell me someone asked for clarification on this. Were they referring to the cheaply made 3D SoM remake, or did someone from Gumi just up and confirm that the Mana Collection is getting released outside of Japan?

They're probably referring to the 3D remake (or something else entirely) but I really want the Mana Collection (in English) for my Switch. :(

They had a hard time answering my question to the local audience because nobody had any idea what FF Mystic Quest was. I asked the question in English and everyone was very confused.

The buddy I made, and I were talking about enhancements. He said he'd enhanced Elza and Dagger, and I told him I just enhanced two Agrias and was out of power and support crysts. He looked at me and was like "Oh no, I can't use my support crysts. I have to save them for Ramza." Then we laughed together. Good times.

Almost 100% its the 3D remake and not whatever thing that they released in Japan.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

They had a hard time answering my question to the local audience because nobody had any idea what FF Mystic Quest was. I asked the question in English and everyone was very confused.

The buddy I made, and I were talking about enhancements. He said he'd enhanced Elza and Dagger, and I told him I just enhanced two Agrias and was out of power and support crysts. He looked at me and was like "Oh no, I can't use my support crysts. I have to save them for Ramza." Then we laughed together. Good times.

Almost 100% its the 3D remake and not whatever thing that they released in Japan.

mystic quest was apparently known as FF USA outside of it, which propably doesn't help with explaining it.

thing they released in japan was a collection of "seiken desensentu"1+2+3 on switch. Banner is gonna be weird since SD3 has never once been released in the west (though I could see them skipping translating the mana collection if they decide to do a 3d remake of SD3 right after )

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
while we wait for ramza enhancements here's lunera

restoring about 1.8 - 2k hp and 100 mp a turn with eleven song

could get her spr past 800 with a few more spr pots and less hp but i feel this is a good balance, let me know if more survivability is desired

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

KataraniSword posted:

Okay, so I'm probably going to make an earnest attempt at Hein after Cactuar Weekend, but I'm not even sure how to begin. I have my Dark Fina, absolutely - 543 magic and a +1 Ultima isn't winning any awards but it's not nothing - and 9S will be able to contribute imperils/debuffs/mitigation if possible. Should I bother training up Aria if I already have a Refia with dualcast? Who else should I bring? For that matter, would a good enough friend Ace/TTerra help me with this, or would I be better off looking for a Marie?

I'm not good at mage. :saddowns:

if you don't care at all about the 15 turn requirement you can replicate the team i brought earlier which was EV/2xAshe/Marie, i also had Aria who was completely pointless overkill. the two Ashe will eventually kill Hein no matter what you do so long as you can block statuses. it took awhile but i was in no danger of losing.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Fan_Festa_2017

Updated with all the information from the event.

We gotta keep on them about this Mystic Quest collab y'all. #5☆Benjamin

https://twitter.com/BayushiJack/status/906550399984820225

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Thanks for the posts about the event - it's not something I'd go to myself but it sounds fun and it's cool to hear the blow-by-blow. Post pics, my dude.

Wondering if someone could give me a primer on Fire Emblems Heroes? Just checked it out and I never knew it was a Tactics style game. Compared to FFBE:

-- Is the end game fun/challenging?
-- How critical is a top-tier team (in my opinion, it's "very important" in FFBE for end-game)?
-- Do people, like, do re-rolls for other people? Looks like that's banned on Reddit. I'm lazy so ...
-- Not sure how to phrase this but all the fan stuff looks to be 95% "waifu" this and that. Is this a game for people who find that sort of thing skeevy and weird, or nah?
-- Should I avoid trying to play both games? I don't have a ton of time, but I don't have many other games in my queue, either.

Thanks!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Just got all the pics I took uploaded to Imgur.

I got a couple shots of the Fina twins in there because one of them dropped her straw into her water bottle then they had a moment where neither of them could get it out. I got to make a "How many Finas does it take to get a straw out of a water bottle?" joke. More than two!

Wish I'd had a video of that.

I do have three videos of the band playing the boss music, chocobo theme, and the battle music ending with the classic FF fanfare. When they're done uploading to YouTube I'll link them here.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

Okay, so I'm probably going to make an earnest attempt at Hein after Cactuar Weekend, but I'm not even sure how to begin. I have my Dark Fina, absolutely - 543 magic and a +1 Ultima isn't winning any awards but it's not nothing - and 9S will be able to contribute imperils/debuffs/mitigation if possible. Should I bother training up Aria if I already have a Refia with dualcast? Who else should I bring? For that matter, would a good enough friend Ace/TTerra help me with this, or would I be better off looking for a Marie?

I'm not good at mage. :saddowns:
Hein has status breaks, and bushido dispelling them isnt really viable since you need to keep bar spells up to survive his elemental attacks. Consider bringing an Ilias for break and status effect immunity, otherwise get a friend tilith. Trance terra could also be a good friend since her maduin guard will also give resistance to fire, ice and lightning. If all you need is damage however, I should be able to help.

after doing a one round setup, i went to see if i could do it legit and with emperor as the sole damage dealer, it was more then possible. my plan had ilias cycling between status resistance, break resistance, and dualcasting two barfira and barblizza, while minfilia covers the lightning and dark resistance tossing ethers, rem healing, and soleli doing her buffs. All emperor had to do was keep casting fire from below, and with soleli's buffs, by turn 10 he was able to switch to dualcasting comet and tear through hein's hp, the breaks from soleli's enchanced dances being more then enough.

I put my emperor up if anyone needs him. I can give him a ribbon if someone cant bring status immunity though Im not sure if he'll be able to kill in under 15 turns if i do that

Tengames fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Sep 9, 2017

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

I need some help, I can't figure out which damage dealer is best to 15 round hein.

I managed 22 rounds using a friend Terra, my team was Zyrus, VoE, Delita (unenhanced), tilith, and rikku. My zyrus is just below 700 mag, so pretty underwhelming. I don't have many spr tmrs, so I don't think I can slot in another damage dealer. . . Is emperor best here? Ace? D. Fina?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Cobalt60 posted:

Wondering if someone could give me a primer on Fire Emblems Heroes? Just checked it out and I never knew it was a Tactics style game.

I started a bit over a week ago and I'm having fun with it. I rerolled for a bit to get a Hector and Ike in my starting rolls. After a week of play I'd say definitely look for a starting roll with a Hector, preferably with a decent nature, but don't sweat anything else. 5*s are a 5% chance in FEH so it's not a bad game to reroll in. Just make sure you don't link your Nintendo account till you've got one you're satisfied with.

You get a free 5* from the Choose Your Hero event as well, definitely make that Bow Lyn. She's a total beast. After that I spent my orbs sniping blues out of the new player gacha chasing one of the blue Dancers and wound up with both. They've got the "give your turn to another unit" ability so you can go nuts with Hector or Lyn depending on the map.

Between Bow Lyn and Hector I've been having fun stomping all the story content on Normal/Hard/Lunatic and I should be able to get all the unique stuff from the latest event.

The SA thread is super helpful but avoid the Reddit like the plague. I'm used to the FFRK and FFBE ones being largely useful. The FEH one seems to be total trash. Instead stick to the couple good Wikis.

https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg
https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Main_Page

I have no idea if it'll have longevity but I'm having enough fun with it for now.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Tengames posted:

Hein has status breaks, and bushido dispelling them isnt really viable since you need to keep bar spells up to survive his elemental attacks. Consider bringing an Ilias for break and status effect immunity, otherwise get a friend tilith. Trance terra could also be a good friend since her maduin guard will also give resistance to fire, ice and lightning. If all you need is damage however, I should be able to help.

after doing a one round setup, i went to see if i could do it legit and with emperor as the sole damage dealer, it was more then possible. my plan had ilias cycling between status resistance, break resistance, and dualcasting two barfira and barblizza, while minfilia covers the lightning and dark resistance tossing ethers, rem healing, and soleli doing her buffs. All emperor had to do was keep casting fire from below, and with soleli's buffs, by turn 10 he was able to switch to dualcasting comet and tear through hein's hp, the breaks from soleli's enchanced dances being more then enough.

I put my emperor up if anyone needs him. I can give him a ribbon if someone cant bring status immunity though Im not sure if he'll be able to kill in under 15 turns if i do that

Thanks! Just sent you a request since I'm in a bad place for magic damage

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Cobalt60 posted:

Thanks for the posts about the event - it's not something I'd go to myself but it sounds fun and it's cool to hear the blow-by-blow. Post pics, my dude.

Wondering if someone could give me a primer on Fire Emblems Heroes? Just checked it out and I never knew it was a Tactics style game. Compared to FFBE:

-- How critical is a top-tier team (in my opinion, it's "very important" in FFBE for end-game)?
-- Do people, like, do re-rolls for other people? Looks like that's banned on Reddit. I'm lazy so ...
-- Not sure how to phrase this but all the fan stuff looks to be 95% "waifu" this and that. Is this a game for people who find that sort of thing skeevy and weird, or nah?
-- Should I avoid trying to play both games? I don't have a ton of time, but I don't have many other games in my queue, either.

Thanks!

I stopped playing it a few months ago, but the end game was arena, which IMO was unbelievably boring.

I stopped playing FE:H because FFBE had more depth and strategy, and FE:H was strategically and tactically too simple for a fire emblem game.

It was OK at first, but its appeal for me wore off very quickly. Its a very toned down version of FE

Ubiquitus fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Sep 9, 2017

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Heroes did a fairly alright job of being a very condensed Fire Emblem loop when I played it. This was during the first month or so. It wasn't really for me since the things I look for in a Fire Emblem game are good and sizeable maps and a good cast of characters. While the game has the entire series to pull from, they generally weren't doing much outside of the main story units. It's not really an issue in Brave Exvius since the expectations are a lot different.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the IV system in FEH is unfathomably cruel for a gacha game, particularly when you consider that basically the entire endgame is the arena where those IVs actually start to matter. also all of the hard content is based around the whales and people who are massively min maxing. also they've sort of painted themselves into a corner with a few of the units like reinhardt. it is a game that i play off and on and its certainly all right but the gacha isn't really as generous as people will have you believe. they did recently make a change to it though so you're more likely to draw a unit at 4* than 3* which is nice, especially considering how skill inheritance works.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

BGrifter posted:

After a week of play I'd say definitely look for a starting roll with a Hector, preferably with a decent nature, but don't sweat anything else. 5*s are a 5% chance in FEH so it's not a bad game to reroll in. Just make sure you don't link your Nintendo account till you've got one you're satisfied with.

Thanks to you all, I'll give the game a week or two. I just rolled 5* Young Mercenary Ike, 5* Brave Princess Lucina, 5* General of Ostia Hector, and a handful of 4*s so I'll play some story for a bit and see how it goes. Are there any "do not do" things in this game, like FFBE's "don't do 5k lapis pulls, 100 lapis fight continues, etc.?"

I'll stop derailing the thread now, too.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Cobalt60 posted:

Thanks to you all, I'll give the game a week or two. I just rolled 5* Young Mercenary Ike, 5* Brave Princess Lucina, 5* General of Ostia Hector, and a handful of 4*s so I'll play some story for a bit and see how it goes. Are there any "do not do" things in this game, like FFBE's "don't do 5k lapis pulls, 100 lapis fight continues, etc.?"

I'll stop derailing the thread now, too.

Yeah that's a monster start. Use the free pull to take Brave Lyn and you're in great shape.

Don't do continues like with most mobile games, but so far I'm finding it pretty straightforward. If in doubt, post in the FEH thread.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Two quick questions: Are characters ever removed from the global pool? Like, the Nier automata event is long over, but is there still some tiny chance of me pulling an A2 or something?

And I know that battle experience is divided between all the characters that took part in it (friend unit excluded) but do units with maxed out levels still absorb exp even though they'd gain nothing from it, or do they function as empty slots with the exp they would have earned being divided up between everyone else?

Edit: Also, is FEH worth it as someone who only played one fire emblem game a decade ago?

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Sep 9, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Two quick questions: Are characters ever removed from the global pool? Like, the Nier automata event is long over, but is there still some tiny chance of me pulling an A2 or something?

And I know that battle experience is divided between all the characters that took part in it (friend unit excluded) but do units with maxed out levels still absorb exp even though they'd gain nothing from it, or do they function as empty slots with the exp they would have earned being divided up between everyone else?

maxed out units always take up a share of experience. limited time units are removed from the character pool after the event ended, that's why the last tillith banner with its three base 4* on it and lower odds of pulling tillith than a nat 5 was shady as gently caress. also why eve got added to the nier banner.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

maxed out units always take up a share of experience. limited time units are removed from the character pool after the event ended, that's why the last tillith banner with its three base 4* on it and lower odds of pulling tillith than a nat 5 was shady as gently caress. also why eve got added to the nier banner.

Dang. Is there a list anywhere of all the limited time units thus far? I'd like to know what I've missed as someone who only started playing anmonth ago.

Edit: Also, you guys think a trio of a fully leveled kefka, Victoria and Zyrus + friend unit would be enough to take on Hein. Whether ELT or the big boss? I haven't been playing long enough to have a bunch of powerful MAG boosting TMRs so I'm forced to settle for my best non-elemental heavy hitters.

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Sep 9, 2017

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Tengames posted:

thanks just got a full clear using your emp with lunera (elven song), earth veritas (break protection), refia and rikku (hypernull and chaos grenade)

:waycool:

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Tengames posted:

Just tried to send you a friend request, but your list was full :(.
My number's 124,128,380.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Trojan Kaiju posted:

Heroes did a fairly alright job of being a very condensed Fire Emblem loop when I played it. This was during the first month or so. It wasn't really for me since the things I look for in a Fire Emblem game are good and sizeable maps and a good cast of characters. While the game has the entire series to pull from, they generally weren't doing much outside of the main story units. It's not really an issue in Brave Exvius since the expectations are a lot different.

Yeah. "We're the good guys and we've come to stop the bad guys." "We're the heroes from this FE world and we have to stop you because of a contract with the bad guys." *fight 4 maps of 4 enemies each that you easily plink with archers/mages* "You have defeated us and so we're free thanks to some loophole you'd think the bad guys would have closed off by now. Proceed to the next world." "Why must those bad guys be so bad?" Repeat.

I mean FFBE isn't Shakespeare, but at least they have an actual story and characters. And you get great lines like "When you have to choose between saving one life or saving a hundred, you do both!" "Let him go. He will save the one, we will save the hundred."

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Tenlade's emperor cleared hein for me too :toot:

He's probably the best solo magic damage dealer for this challenge.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cobalt60 posted:

FE:Heroes is all about PVP. The PVE content is easy and samey, the PVP has you constantly chasing the meta and hoping you roll the newest best hero with perfect IVs. Speaking of which; it's not enough that you have to hope for a slim chance that you actually roll a good hero, and have to grind up other heroes to give them skills. No, you see every character is randomly given pokemon-like Initial Values! Which means 90% of the characters you roll will be garbage with -Attack and +HP or something stupid like that which means they'll be worse in every matchup because you will constantly be paired against whales with perfect IV heroes.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nuebot posted:

FE:Heroes is all about PVP. The PVE content is easy and samey, the PVP has you constantly chasing the meta and hoping you roll the newest best hero with perfect IVs. Speaking of which; it's not enough that you have to hope for a slim chance that you actually roll a good hero, and have to grind up other heroes to give them skills. No, you see every character is randomly given pokemon-like Initial Values! Which means 90% of the characters you roll will be garbage with -Attack and +HP or something stupid like that which means they'll be worse in every matchup because you will constantly be paired against whales with perfect IV heroes.

This does not sound like fun. But at least they don't use Facebook...

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nuebot posted:

Yeah, it's this and the constant stream of 4 new hero banners that only occur at 5 star that made me say gently caress it and drop it. It just wasn't worth the goddamn time compared to the other two games I play, which are this, and Fantasy War Tactics, aka the most player friendly gacha game. Speaking of which, I know there are people in here who played at one time. Noblesse is coming back for one final go round, guaranteed the last time, so if you wanna restart, now's a good time to do it. Especially if you bought Seira, because she's being made crystal-buyable, and they're rewarding everybody who bought her the hard way with a bunch of free poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

If you're looking for another mobile game to give a try you might enjoy Fate/Grand Order. It is a neat little gacha game where almost all the units are useful and the story isn't half bad.

There is a thread for it at https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823670 if you want to give it a look. People in that thread can definitely offer more advice for it than I can though.

Dragonturtle fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Sep 10, 2017

• Locked thread