Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Hjalmar posted:

This is a fairly regular-sized sunflower. Maybe even on the small side. Those things grow to be massive.

I've seen people use them as privacy bushes with flowers like a foot across

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caufman
May 7, 2007
The woman is twenty feet tall.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I wonder how you pass the written test to get your learner's permit when you're loving illiterate

You either
A) grow up in Sisterfuck, Arkansas where no one knows the difference
or
B) wait until you are 18 and you don't have to take any kind of test at all to get your license!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I loving wish. The Royal Tyrrell Museum of Paleontology is treated like a family theme park by visitors and it's crowds of kids running around screaming, and the adults aren't much better. Every time I go there I just think to myself "Why do people just have to make constant noise every second of their waking life, Jesus H Christ." I just want to peacefully read about dinosaurs and ammonites and poo poo. The zoo I work at isn't any better. Noisy people will show up while screaming and yelling and the animals go and hide to have some peace and quiet and then the morons complain they didn't see anything. But instead of quieting down and waiting, they continue to talk at maximum volume about stupid poo poo, like it would kill them to not make noise for even a second.

Sorry for venting, we just finished a really busy summer season a couple days ago and this time of year I'm a really salty-rear end bitch when it comes to obnoxious crowd behavior in public settings because I'm subjected to it 40 hours a week for 3 months.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

They're too used to having to talk over the TV/their music to understand silence.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Elizabethan Error posted:

is it weird that i now want to go to this museum, despite not knowing what it even houses

It's the women's museum in Aarhus, Denmark. I haven't been but it's supposed to be good.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I've talked to a few people who are the "have to constantly make noise" type, and all have admitted they are literally afraid of silence, usually centered around a reason like "I feel like something bad will happen if it's too quiet for too long."

As for museums, I can understand kids being loud, they're kids. But parenting has changed where 30 years ago parents told their kids to shut the gently caress up in a place like a museum, now people are happy to let their kids tear-rear end around at full volume because they're unique little snowflakes and to dare stifle them would be a war crime.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I've talked to a few people who are the "have to constantly make noise" type, and all have admitted they are literally afraid of silence, usually centered around a reason like "I feel like something bad will happen if it's too quiet for too long."

As for museums, I can understand kids being loud, they're kids. But parenting has changed where 30 years ago parents told their kids to shut the gently caress up in a place like a museum, now people are happy to let their kids tear-rear end around at full volume because they're unique little snowflakes and to dare stifle them would be a war crime.

so how do you explain your posting

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
A burn needs to make sense to, you know, burn.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

A burn needs to make sense to, you know, burn.

did your parents just not tell you to shut the gently caress up enough or

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Is this some joke I'm just not getting?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I think it's just crappy surreal humor

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Zipperelli. posted:

Is this some joke I'm just not getting?
Did you actually look at the feet?

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Zereth posted:

Did you actually look at the feet?

I think he did

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

parenting has changed where 30 years ago parents told their kids to shut the gently caress up in a place like a museum, now people are happy to let their kids tear-rear end around at full volume because they're unique little snowflakes and to dare stifle them would be a war crime.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Lincoln posted:

How did they know which was which

The Prods have an incomprehensible Scottish accent rather than an incomprehensible Irish accent

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The Bloop posted:

B) wait until you are 18 and you don't have to take any kind of test at all to get your license!

Do you think they just hand out driving licenses to 18-year-olds without any kind of test? :psyduck:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Do you think they just hand out driving licenses to 18-year-olds without any kind of test? :psyduck:

:thejoke:

American driving tests are basically 4 right turns around the block. Cue 4 page derail

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Powaqoatse posted:

It's the women's museum in Aarhus, Denmark. I haven't been but it's supposed to be good.

Well now you need to go and report back.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ugh Aarhus is literally hours away

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What, like 2 hours away? Nothing can be that far away in Denmark.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Aarhus

in the middle of Aarstreet

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Natural history museums and science and technology museums always have loud kids in them because kids love dinosaurs and interactive science stuff. And good, they should be excited about history and science. I'm not saying let them play on the drat exhibits or run around screaming, but trotting up to the triceratops exhibit and being excited to finally see how big something they've only seen in books should be accepted by adults. If you were the kind of kid that quietly walked up to read the placard of your favorite dinosaur and silently nodded to yourself then you were a boring kid.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Randaconda posted:

What, like 2 hours away? Nothing can be that far away in Denmark.

3 hours... Denmark has an inconvenient layout

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well, poo poo

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Oh hey guys my dad came back from the dead to throw out the totally unique cliche about the pussification of America. Hi Dad!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Guy Goodbody posted:

Aarhus

Aarhus it has a crowd
There's always something happening
And it's usually quite loud

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Madness, I say.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Oh hey guys my dad came back from the dead to throw out the totally unique cliche about the pussification of America. Hi Dad!

Hi hungry for attention, I'm dad.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Hi hungry for attention, I'm dad.

:golfclap:

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Aarhus

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Aarhus it has a crowd
There's always something happening
And it's usually quite loud

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Madness, I say.

I love all three of you SO loving MUCH right now, you just don't even know.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I love all three of you SO loving MUCH right now, you just don't even know.

An earthquake is erupting, but it's in Mexico, not Orange Street.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Evacuating the important things from Miami.

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Cythereal posted:

Look, there are good arguments for taking down most of the Confederate statues, and I support that, but this one has genuine historical significance, and I think that it should stay up.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Cythereal posted:

Title: "Girl gets f**ked and rides a massive cock."

winnydpu
May 3, 2007
Sugartime Jones

My inner six year old immediately noticed that your route will pass through Middelfart.
https://www.google.com/maps/@55.4994978,9.7510971,14.96z

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I think Rødby to Skagen is the longest single trip you can take through Denmark (not counting Greenland or the Faroe Islands), taking about five and a half hour. https://goo.gl/maps/aa6ay7Dgtwp

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

Cythereal posted:

#PreserveOurJoustHistory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Guy Goodbody posted:

Aarhus

It's a very, very fine hus