Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Did anyone else not get the burst test icon/plate or that reliquary mentioned in the email? Bethesda Support is giving me migraines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

MysteriousStranger posted:

Watch the Quakecon vids. Even some of the heavy characters can move shockingly fast if you know what you are doing. Almost every character has some sort of jump or momentum based ability as well. It can get as fast as CPMA or even Quake World if the players know what they are doing and are picking the right characters. The only "slow" characters are really Galena and BJ. Everyone else has some sort of movement trick up their sleeve that makes them shockingly agile.

That's actually one of the things that's screwed up about Sorlag. Her weakness is seemingly supposed to be that she's slower than the other champions, but if you know how the bunny-hopping works she's actually one of the fastest in the game in addition to having the most health/armor.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
What sensitivity settings do people have? I have a g400s at 800dpi and my sens is usually sort of high in most FPS games. I think it's somewhere around 2.8 to 3.5 in QC.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

What sensitivity settings do people have? I have a g400s at 800dpi and my sens is usually sort of high in most FPS games. I think it's somewhere around 2.8 to 3.5 in QC.

Rapha right now is doing 2.8 at 800dpi with no accel. I think this game is going to start leaning towards higher sensitivities because of the cpma champions.

I'm currently rocking 800dpi 1.5 sens with 0.05 accel. I'll try a higher sens next time I play too.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I spent some time - about 30/45 minutes in a custom match practicing Slash's slide as I have never played Q4 before. Man, it is very fun when you hit that cap quickly. I'm trying it out in deathmatch and it's a lot harder to do when you have other poo poo to worry about. Hopefully I'll have it down pat in a few days.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
I'd love a nice up to date list on current pro players sensitivity in QC right now. Going 3.3 at 400 dpi had helped my LG a ton, at the cost of flick rails and rockets sadly.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

maev posted:

I'd love a nice up to date list on current pro players sensitivity in QC right now. Going 3.3 at 400 dpi had helped my LG a ton, at the cost of flick rails and rockets sadly.

Gotta put on some accel! I want a list too, esreality doesn't have anything up but I think if you go to a player's stream they usually list it.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

That's actually one of the things that's screwed up about Sorlag. Her weakness is seemingly supposed to be that she's slower than the other champions, but if you know how the bunny-hopping works she's actually one of the fastest in the game in addition to having the most health/armor.

Well, and Scalebearer has dash tricks and Clutch has some sick movement tricks as well. I'm not sure what to tell you here because the "movement" issue exists with pretty much every heavy character. They all haul rear end. Granted, they can't carve turns or double jump the way the lights do, but as for speed the difference isn't that much. It's the vomit really.

Social Animal posted:

Rapha right now is doing 2.8 at 800dpi with no accel. I think this game is going to start leaning towards higher sensitivities because of the cpma champions.

I'm currently rocking 800dpi 1.5 sens with 0.05 accel. I'll try a higher sens next time I play too.

Steelseries Sensei RAW 810 dpi/cpi (sensei is weird in this aspect) Steelseries QCK+ Limited sense 1.0 accel .1

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Well, and Scalebearer has dash tricks and Clutch has some sick movement tricks as well. I'm not sure what to tell you here because the "movement" issue exists with pretty much every heavy character. They all haul rear end. Granted, they can't carve turns or double jump the way the lights do, but as for speed the difference isn't that much.
Sorlag gets cpma movement which means that despite having lower base movement she has the same air movement as Anarki. Clutch and scalebearer don't. so sorlag she has considerably more control and can speed up more easily, it's not really the same with every heavy character

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.
Thinkin of grabbing this, what's the best way to learn how to move if you grew up on the Unreal Tournament side of the fence back when you actually played arena shooters? (Where you didn't have even remotely the same movement capability)

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
There are lots of guides out there on Youtube that should help. I just jumped in and tried to figure it out as I go though. I used to play Q3A but I would just gently caress around with friends so it's not like I had any real knowledge aside from what the guns/characters are.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I feel like I learned a lot just by turning on the speedometer and seeing what made the number go up.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Maluco Marinero posted:

Thinkin of grabbing this, what's the best way to learn how to move if you grew up on the Unreal Tournament side of the fence back when you actually played arena shooters? (Where you didn't have even remotely the same movement capability)

I just found videos on youtube and tried to replicate what they were doing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EEVmhZdE5w.

The movement isn't that tough - it took me months to get the bunnyhopping down solid in CS:Source but I got the hang of the movement in this game in like three or fours hours of playing it.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

For those complaining that there's no way to unlock champions for free: There is, just play!

You get a reliquary every 5 levels, those have a decent chance of containing a champion. There are also rune challenges that give you 1 or more reliquaries. I'm pretty sure they also drop from chests and bags, but far less often.

I play at 1600 DPI w/ 5 sens, though I'm down at 2.23 for CSGO. If you liked the sens you had before they changed the options, just multiply your old number by 5. Most people will want theirs much lower, I'm kinda weird.

Add me on steam if you wanna stack up some TDM, http://steamcommunity.com/id/_sneakyness.

My friends list is still broken in game so you'll have to message me on steam

What're y'all at for lore? I've got 65 so far. 4 or 5 champions at 7/8 out of 10, yet only 4 for Ranger, the only champion I care about

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

New Zealand can eat me posted:

For those complaining that there's no way to unlock champions for free: There is, just play!

You get a reliquary every 5 levels, those have a decent chance of containing a champion. There are also rune challenges that give you 1 or more reliquaries. I'm pretty sure they also drop from chests and bags, but far less often.

I play at 1600 DPI w/ 5 sens, though I'm down at 2.23 for CSGO. If you liked the sens you had before they changed the options, just multiply your old number by 5. Most people will want theirs much lower, I'm kinda weird.

Add me on steam if you wanna stack up some TDM, http://steamcommunity.com/id/_sneakyness.

My friends list is still broken in game so you'll have to message me on steam

What're y'all at for lore? I've got 65 so far. 4 or 5 champions at 7/8 out of 10, yet only 4 for Ranger, the only champion I care about

Profile not found!

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
For those that purchase the game from Steam, will they be getting entire roster and thdn some or do they have to level up and unlock all the champs too?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

You get the whole roster unlocked when you buy the game.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Remove the period at the end of his url. Also vlc drat your cs sens is high

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

big nipples big life posted:

And any future champions as well. You do have to unlock cosmetics.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

New Zealand can eat me posted:

What're y'all at for lore?

110 :black101:

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

big nipples big life posted:

And any future champions as well. You do have to unlock cosmetics.

20 quid for everything sounds like a swell deal, really. I already bought it since I never know how long the game will stay alive and I want to play as much as I can.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
The developer AMA is currently going on and the producer/sound guy zoned out and is watching a HOTS stream instead of paying attention to his job.

So we are watching Tim and Adam answer questions while the only thing we can hear is the HOTS commentary.

Twitch chat is going nuts. Honestly, I wouldn't want to be the guy who hosed that up.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Audax posted:

The developer AMA is currently going on and the producer/sound guy zoned out and is watching a HOTS stream instead of paying attention to his job.

So we are watching Tim and Adam answer questions while the only thing we can hear is the HOTS commentary.

Twitch chat is going nuts. Honestly, I wouldn't want to be the guy who hosed that up.

This is pretty hilarious, I wish I could of caught it live.

https://clips.twitch.tv/UgliestBenevolentGaurKevinTurtle

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

That is amazing

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

cougar cub posted:

That is amazing

It's like something out of a Crowbcat video -- can you imagine if it was that Overwatch game instead of the HotS thing?

Aurra
Feb 3, 2006

Would there be any goon interest in a nightly QC stream of the NA Sacrifice PUG scene? Most of the matches are filled with well known players (tonight we had Dahang, Rapha, Effortless, mavLP, Spectre, etc).
I feel as though people would find higher level Sacrifice matches fun to watch from a first person perspective w/voicecomms, but if I set up a stream right now I'd probably sit at 0 viewers due to no existing follower base.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I hope they will center the Doom 2 Shotgun's viewmodel. I'm very sad I burned my shards on it the way it is now.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Centreview all guns.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Transcript/summary of the AMA livestream.

Some of the key points (but not all of them):

• Patch coming out hopefully next week with bug fixes and performance improvements.
  • Hitboxes are being changed from an animated mesh wrapped around the player model to a static mesh for each animation state (jumping etc.), reducing lag/desynch and making hitboxes more forgiving
  • Next update will move rocket explosions from client to server auth, fixing a cause of 0-damage rockets.
  • Big October Update will fix the bug with railgun trails drawing late if you fire and move your aim in the same frame
  • Future maps and modes will be free, to avoid splitting the community
  • Big October Update will restrict certain cvars to maintain a level playing field
  • Ranked Play coming during Early Access. I think they're targeting sometime this year?
  • Clutch's mining drill "hasn't been successful", will probably be either tweaked or replaced. Will add sensitivity slider for the dodge double-tap.
  • Sorlag's spit will likely be given a longer delay before she can fire again.
  • LG will be changed from "firing invisible projectiles" to how it worked in previous games.
  • Doom Slayer's berserk reliability has been improved, will hopefully be released in the Big October Update.

orly
Oct 2, 2005

BattleHamster posted:

This is pretty hilarious, I wish I could of caught it live.

https://clips.twitch.tv/UgliestBenevolentGaurKevinTurtle

:stare:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
A new minor patch is out, fixing a couple of bugs and removing lore spawning from Duels.

Also: If you were wondering what the team behind the new Unreal Tournament was doing all this time, apparently the answer was "shoehorning a shameless PUBG clone into Fortnite". So... there you go.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Fortnight seems really, really bad.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Uncle Kitchener posted:

Centreview all guns.

I really do think it would be cool if they let us configure it on a per gun basis. I'd love to have some things centered, a few things to the right, rails straight up hidden, etc.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Aurra posted:

Would there be any goon interest in a nightly QC stream of the NA Sacrifice PUG scene? Most of the matches are filled with well known players (tonight we had Dahang, Rapha, Effortless, mavLP, Spectre, etc).
I feel as though people would find higher level Sacrifice matches fun to watch from a first person perspective w/voicecomms, but if I set up a stream right now I'd probably sit at 0 viewers due to no existing follower base.

What's the time frame? I'm also down for getting some scrims on.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

What's the time frame? I'm also down for getting some scrims on.

A few of us where playing last night get on discord so that you can play with gewnz

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Profile not found!

Gotta remove the ., https://steamcommunity.com/id/_sneakyness heh

The Kins posted:

Transcript/summary of the AMA livestream.

Some of the key points (but not all of them):

[list]
[*]Hitboxes are being changed from an animated mesh wrapped around the player model to a static mesh for each animation state (jumping etc.), reducing lag/desynch and making hitboxes more forgiving

Important to point out that it's not just a static mesh, but a static mesh that encompasses the full area of the model for each animation, which means it will be substantially harder to rail between someone's legs, or have anarki kickflip over rockets

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Added!

I'll be on for a bit tonight as I don't have to work.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Sdoots posted:

I really do think it would be cool if they let us configure it on a per gun basis. I'd love to have some things centered, a few things to the right, rails straight up hidden, etc.

Street Fighter has an interesting feature where you can individually choose the dub of a character (English/Japanese).

Having a list of what guns you'd want center-viewed or not should be a nice feature.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

I think they said only the classic weapon skins will ever be centered although SyncError admitted that they received a lot of feedback about players who prefer centered weapons for lining things up

(There are a bunch of launch options you can use to change the viewmodel somewhat although most people use it exclusively for hiding all of the weapons completely)

code:

--set /Config/CONFIG/WeaponZScale -1 --set /Config/CONFIG/maxFpsValue 144 --set /Config/CONFIG/isLowResParticles 1 --set /Config/CONFIG/isLowViolence 1
They later said that they are looking to expose more customization options to the players, while also locking down the ones not explicitly configurable via options. At the least we know crosshair configuration is coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Lore scrolls are dumb and cancer.