Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

What is the best actual entrance song? By that I mean not the one that worked best for it's intended users entrance or whatever, but which was the best actual song itself? My vote is for the Evolution theme. So bad rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the four horsemen theme and mark henry's theme

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i have two coworkers that love nakamura and cena's themes respectively but don't care about wrestling otherwise.

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLoehwYshPc

(the real answer is kaze ni nare, that song rules)

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bNr3144GDI

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Christian's theme song is a Good Song. Same thing goes for Bray Wyatt.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NOzIVWefgo

HE'S A MAN

SUCH A MAN

HE'S A REAL REAL MAN'S MAN

edit: I made this my helicopter music in MGSV...no regrets

Ever Disappointing fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Sep 8, 2017

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sandman McMahon posted:

What is the best actual entrance song? By that I mean not the one that worked best for it's intended users entrance or whatever, but which was the best actual song itself? My vote is for the Evolution theme. So bad rear end.

Baker Street.

Wait no, it's Police Man using Bad Boys.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the best theme song is Rush using Chris Benoit's theme song

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

AMERICAN MALES

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

shiksa posted:

This is the correct answer.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mark henry's theme as well.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

frankenfreak posted:

This is the correct answer.

I have a hard time disagreeing with this. Mostly because I am afraid that if I do, Suzuki will beat me up

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
my wrestling question that doesn't deserve it's own thread is what the "I love to pick 'em" line of Mr. rear end' theme is supposed to mean

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

little munchkin posted:

my wrestling question that doesn't deserve it's own thread is what the "I love to pick 'em" line of Mr. rear end' theme is supposed to mean

He loves to choose them

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Sandman McMahon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vJdJ9e8khA

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
My vote is for Cult of Personality, if songs that weren't written for the wrestler count. It's so good that when it started playing before Punk's UFC entrance, I thought for a couple seconds that he might have a chance

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gangrel's theme. The correct answer will always be Gangrel's theme.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

shiksa posted:

I watched a WCPW video of Suzuki wrestling someone and no-one sang the title of the song when it played, which should be grounds for being killed by Suzuki, legally and with no reprecussions.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rip

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Gaz-L posted:

I watched a WCPW video of Suzuki wrestling someone and no-one sang the title of the song when it played, which should be grounds for being killed by Suzuki, legally and with no reprecussions.

Brits truly are the worst.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX2L4m27acg

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Gaz-L posted:

That's the show that had that famous picture of Suzuki sitting at a mercy table with nobody around, Virgil style

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

checksin posted:

That's the show that had that famous picture of Suzuki sitting at a mercy table with nobody around, Virgil style

I assume that was from fear, though.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Jenny Angel posted:

My vote is for Cult of Personality, if songs that weren't written for the wrestler count. It's so good that when it started playing before Punk's UFC entrance, I thought for a couple seconds that he might have a chance

If songs that weren't written for the wrestler count, then top choice has to be Iron Man for The Road Warriors.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Some Bodies Gonna Get It created and performed by Three 6 Mafia

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Something I've been wondering about the New Japan "press conference" setup, where guys sit at a table post-match and cut promos in front of photogs and reporters. Is that like, legit media covering the event, or are they mostly plants to put over the sports-like presentation?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
We've discussed the best, but who has the worst theme in wrestling? My vote goes to Jeff Jarrett, but I haven't watched much from the really bleak eras of wwe.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mickie James' theme is the same 6 beats over and over and over.

There's some kind of music behind it but you can't hear that on TV.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Maybe not the worst but Flair's First WWE theme used in 91-93 was pretty meh and nowhere near the 2001 theme. Not sure why WWE changed it beyond WWE being WWE

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
"the undertaker's new theme song is by limp bizkit" was a really weird and regrettable time.

also another famous artist doing a bad theme song, when x pac was with albert for some reason, this was made and its bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDMt19MkRk

i also never really felt edge's later theme really fit. i LOVED his first theme but the "you think you know me" then brampbrampbramp metal metal never worked for me. (I wasnt really watching for the bulk of that period to be fair. still don't like the song.)

shiksa fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Sep 9, 2017

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Sandman McMahon posted:

Edge's theme was excellent and also was called "Metalingus" which reeks of awesomeness.

I don't watch new wrestling but I've seen some of Asuka's matches and her theme is really good too. Also I am in love with her.

E: seriously if you don't think this song stands on its own then I don't think you "get" butt metal and we can't be friends

E2:

shiksa posted:

i also never really felt edge's later theme really fit. i LOVED his first theme but the "you think you know me" then brampbrampbramp metal metal never worked for me. (I wasnt really watching for the bulk of that period to be fair. still don't like the song.)

:stonk:

titties fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Sep 9, 2017

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

tweet my meat posted:

We've discussed the best, but who has the worst theme in wrestling? My vote goes to Jeff Jarrett, but I haven't watched much from the really bleak eras of wwe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZNHPj4LUec

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Natural born killaz. Ba ba bawa wa yeaaaaa

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Sep 9, 2017

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Oh, no one mentioned McIntyre's old WWE song for one of the best ones. I also really liked them using it in the video package for his match with Roode, juxtaposing Bobby's arrogance with the "you never hear the shot that takes you down" line was such a no-brainer but WWE being WWE I was afraid they wouldn't do it.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Here Comes the Money.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Oh, no one mentioned McIntyre's old WWE song for one of the best ones. I also really liked them using it in the video package for his match with Roode, juxtaposing Bobby's arrogance with the "you never hear the shot that takes you down" line was such a no-brainer but WWE being WWE I was afraid they wouldn't do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl7ApHczFzo

I was so mad at takeover 3. the bait got me for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUZ2_7hY0hc

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I remember there being a good deal of backlash to that song during McIntyre's first run, and I think a lot of it is down to the fact that while it's a pretty slow song that made for a slow entrance, a lot of people fel that McIntyre wasn't having interesting enough matches and wasn't a credible enough threat to have that kind of methodical Undertaker type entrance. I feel like you could easily go back to it and have great reactions now that McIntyre is a celebrated indie hoss who looks like he can ragdoll all your faves and kick anyone's head off, though

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jenny Angel posted:

I remember there being a good deal of backlash to that song during McIntyre's first run, and I think a lot of it is down to the fact that while it's a pretty slow song that made for a slow entrance, a lot of people fel that McIntyre wasn't having interesting enough matches and wasn't a credible enough threat to have that kind of methodical Undertaker type entrance.
That definitely was the take at the time, at least around here.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Drew McIntyre had such a good theme, but I honestly like his new one quite a bit. Bagpipes are awesome and I loved his takeover entrance with the live bagpipes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Here Comes the Money.

The most damning thing to me is that it lives in the shadow of No Chance in Hell.