Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

i will never stop relitigating the 2016 primary because bernie is so loving good and would have won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

we deserve trump

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Joementum posted:

this is my work song
my prison perk song

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i'll tell them to cut it out!
https://youtu.be/DJ9K9kpgkzg?t=45

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

OatmealRaisin posted:

we deserve trump

I think Abuela also overlooked how the celeb thing only worked because Obama was naturally funny and charismatic.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

slay space empress slay

yaas abuela

:abuela:

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
This two tiered justice system is bullshit and should be confronted at every turn. It seemed like Comey wanted to recommend charges w.r.t. the email server, but there apparently wasn't significant precedent and any trial would be hard fought. He suggested prosecutors were chickenshit, didn't he?

The email sever was just one of many kernels of corn on the poo poo sundae that was candidate Clinton.

This Russia investigation could bring up some things, but probably far from the triple dog turbo treason Jen Kirkmen and the like know has been committed.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

Parkhomenko is a cop who started the Ready For Hillary PAC after they begged him not to (because it diverted money from the campaign) and was given a make-work job at the campaign after he begged for a month.

Bit surprising to see he's among he barnacles left attached.

to quote Felix "she's just like loving trump, if you're nice to her she'll give you the keys to the kingdom even if you're a stupid fuckwad that DM's photos of his crotch to minors"

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Not in Pennsylvania, Michigan, or Wisconsin.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

The problem I have with the idea that social democracy will solve the new Jim Crow that we're living with is that it sounds like telling Palestinian that their problem is that Israel doesn't have a strong enough welfare system

an ex-liberterian who was all in for abuela is now raising "concerns" about leftist economic policies, the lack of which have destroyed black communities over the last 50 years because centrist dems either didn't bother to fight back against right wing attacks on pro-labor/pro-welfare policies or they actively engage in the dismantling of such systems... wow.. imagine my shock boys!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Squizzle posted:

this is disingenuous af

hmmmsomebody shd do something about that

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Corky Romanovsky posted:

This two tiered justice system is bullshit and should be confronted at every turn. It seemed like Comey wanted to recommend charges w.r.t. the email server, but there apparently wasn't significant precedent and any trial would be hard fought. He suggested prosecutors were chickenshit, didn't he?

The email sever was just one of many kernels of corn on the poo poo sundae that was candidate Clinton.

This Russia investigation could bring up some things, but probably far from the triple dog turbo treason Jen Kirkmen and the like know has been committed.

suck my zone :colbert:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

hmmmsomebody shd do something about that

i did, i called him out on it

now hes been chastened by my rhetorical skill :smugmrgw:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

yeah this is the best gif from it but she doesnt appear in nearly as many other amazing ones as weedy dude does

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

centrists who spent decades eschewing any form of economic leftist policies in favor of superficial #brands backed Id Pol along with very heavy focus on the elite professional class are now projecting hard and insinuating that leftists will focus entirely on one issue while completely ignoring the other, how classy

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Squizzle posted:

i did, i called him out on it

now hes been chastened by my rhetorical skill :smugmrgw:

holy poo poo

t a l k a b o u t :owned:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Scent of Worf posted:

an ex-liberterian who was all in for abuela is now raising "concerns" about leftist economic policies, the lack of which have destroyed black communities over the last 50 years because centrist dems either didn't bother to fight back against right wing attacks on pro-labor/pro-welfare policies or they actively engage in the dismantling of such systems... wow.. imagine my shock boys!
the democrats are a capitalist party and abandoned fdr as soon as he was rotting in the grave right after he helped save capitalism

the democrats in congress overrode a presidential veto from truman to get taft-hartley passed in 1947

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

comedyblissoption posted:

the democrats are a capitalist party and abandoned fdr as soon as he was rotting in the grave right after he helped save capitalism

the democrats in congress overrode a presidential veto from truman to get taft-hartley passed in 1947

bad dems never change

quote:

The amendments enacted in Taft–Hartley added a list of prohibited actions, or unfair labor practices, on the part of unions to the NLRA, which had previously only prohibited unfair labor practices committed by employers. The Taft–Hartley Act prohibited jurisdictional strikes, wildcat strikes, solidarity or political strikes, secondary boycotts, secondary and mass picketing, closed shops, and monetary donations by unions to federal political campaigns.

It also required union officers to sign non-communist affidavits with the government. Union shops were heavily restricted, and states were allowed to pass right-to-work laws that ban agency fees. Furthermore, the executive branch of the federal government could obtain legal strikebreaking injunctions if an impending or current strike imperiled the national health or safety.

Taft-Hartley also made it legal for workplaces to run anti-union propaganda in their shops to discourage workers from starting or joining a union.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

docbeard posted:

I'd still, even now, rather be dealing with Hillary's fuckups than Trump's (though I admittedly wouldn't be laughing quite as hard) but god, I don't think I've ever seen someone at her level of prominence melt down quite so thoroughly and quite so unnecessarily and it's kind of actively painful to watch.

She's turning into the political equivalent of Sunset Boulevard's Norma Desmond and if I were William Holden I'd be looking pretty drat nervous right about now.

I'm not following. Three emoji or less, please.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Corky Romanovsky posted:

I'm not following. Three emoji or less, please.

:abuela::piss::sad:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scent of Worf posted:

things that have destroyed black communities:
outright white supremacy (e.g. Tulsa pogrom)
gentrification
"development" (e.g. routing I95 right through the heart of Overtown in Miami)
war on drugs

like it's very weird that neoliberalism has only destroyed black communities while leaving white communities intact

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
also I haven't identified as a libertarian for over a decade but w/e

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

docbeard posted:

(Still don't think he'd have won, though.)

:sad:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

gentrification
war on drugs

like it's very weird that neoliberalism has only destroyed black communities while leaving white communities intact

white communities are intact, he says as the paramedics remove another fentanyl od victim from next door and grandpa finishes out life as a walmart greeter when his back gives out and wall street loots his pension

black communities have been hit a lot worse by neoliberalism obviously but no one is unscathed

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

anyhow i'd like to thank mr robotic felix loving dzerzhinsky avatar dude for giving me the insight this morning that the supposedly irrational hate for hillary were just ahead of the curve

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

That stink don't come off easy.

Jazerus posted:

white communities are intact, he says as the paramedics remove another fentanyl od victim from next door and grandpa finishes out life as a walmart greeter when his back gives out and wall street loots his pension

black communities have been hit a lot worse by neoliberalism obviously but no one is unscathed

Also, this.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

imagine being dumb enuff to have ever identified as libeertarian lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jazerus posted:

making poor black people equal with poor white people is a wonderful end goal, ill have u know

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Calibanibal posted:

imagine being dumb enuff to have ever identified as libeertarian lol

i mean i had a year or two in high school

then i discovered LF and all became right in the world

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Imagine admitting to working in a prison

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

there basically is no community at all in the US except immigrant enclaves, after 2 generations in this capitalist hellhole people are completely atomized, cut off from anybody other than immediate family, transient workers who have to chase employment across the country or die. its rad!!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Nonsense posted:

Imagine admitting to working in a prison

In grad school, some friends of mine worked teaching college-level classes to prisoners. Didn't strike me as the worst thing you could do, but then they were there to work with the inmates, not exploiting them for free labor.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

gentrification
war on drugs

gentrification is an economic issue what the gently caress are you talking about

also, racist zoning laws and war on drugs were things that leftists were calling out WAY before liberals did, you disingenuous piece of poo poo. and to this day the the issues of racist zoning laws still hasn't entered the liberal mainstream. also, white communites aren't intact. there are millions upon millions of white people out there who are as poor as black people but the dems decided to shift the party in the direction of white professionals instead.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

hahaha just fukken lol if u aint been red since the 20th century :c00lbert:

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
I'm glad I finally found out why they call this the suck zone.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Btw slavery is good, because some of the slaves are murderers and rapists. I'm normal.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

The problem I have with the idea that social democracy will solve the new Jim Crow that we're living with is that it sounds like telling Palestinian that their problem is that Israel doesn't have a strong enough welfare system

Truly something a libertarian-turned-hill-shill would say

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Zhulik posted:

Btw slavery is good, because some of the slaves are murderers and rapists. I'm normal.

My slave was a white supremacist, checkmate Suck Zoner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

white sauce posted:

Truly something a libertarian-turned-hill-shill would say

Hill Folk never change

• Locked thread