Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Ostentatious posted:

i cant believe the #unfairadvantage streamers get because of private servers

This is blatant classism! Somebody call ANTIFA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Warbird posted:

Is there a Purge equivalent streamer/youtube person for PUBG? I've got the game basics down, but I'd be interested in seeing someone take a more analytical approach to the game. Some of what I'm looking for just comes with playing it more, but another frame of reference would be nice.

I really need to get in the Goon discord and play with other people.

Idk who/what purge is but chocotaco is like the bob Ross of pubg so I recommend that

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
lol imagine having sub 2.0 kdr in this game lol

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
Man this game is a fantastic way to take a break from work. Just jump the military zone or school 2-3 times in a row. Winning is not important, shooting someone with a early game S12K, or superman punching them to death then hearing the rage on voice is the goal and it sustains me during the workday.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Rex-Goliath posted:

Idk who/what purge is but chocotaco is like the bob Ross of pubg so I recommend that

Purge, aka PurgeGamers, is a personality in the Dota community best known for his "Welcome to Dota, you suck" guide for people insane enough to try to wrap their heads around mobas, specifically Dota. He also streams and has a Youtube channel centering around gameplay analysis and improvement. He's been a commentator for the Valve's International Dota tourney for a few years now iirc. Think Day9 for Starcraft (who also commentated this past International come to think of it) if you're familiar with that scene.

I don't really need/want pro strats from Johnny E. Sports, but having someone to watch who understands good fundamentals and the general meta of the game and how that plays into things would be nice. I'll give this taco guy a look, thanks!

Edit- Hot take is that this guy is exactly what I was looking for, thanks a bunch!

Warbird fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 8, 2017

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
just found a dude in a random poo poo shack, not even close to the end of the game, like dude, what are you doing in there!!! just sitting around?!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the first stream of this i watched had a goon sit in a shack for three loving circles.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I'm guessing you thought you were in the Battlefield One thread?

I did :negative:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I'm guessing you thought you were in the Battlefield One thread?

If so I need to know what the discord that people play BF1 is since it only lists mumble in the BF1 thread.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

the first stream of this i watched had a goon sit in a shack for three loving circles.

It's that dude from earlier in the thread talking about letting the hyenas battle it out

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

love too gently caress with squads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ285V3tyBw

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Solo squad is the only way to play this game.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

I see that you, too, suffer from an insatiable need to reload constantly.

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011

Warbird posted:

Purge, aka PurgeGamers, is a personality in the Dota community best known for his "Welcome to Dota, you suck" guide for people insane enough to try to wrap their heads around mobas, specifically Dota. He also streams and has a Youtube channel centering around gameplay analysis and improvement. He's been a commentator for the Valve's International Dota tourney for a few years now iirc. Think Day9 for Starcraft (who also commentated this past International come to think of it) if you're familiar with that scene.

I don't really need/want pro strats from Johnny E. Sports, but having someone to watch who understands good fundamentals and the general meta of the game and how that plays into things would be nice. I'll give this taco guy a look, thanks!

Edit- Hot take is that this guy is exactly what I was looking for, thanks a bunch!

Sacriel like to explain things a lot as well. He has a really good understanding of these types of games. He was (is?) working on his own survival military sim game but the kickstarter didn't go through.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hypnolobster posted:

Solo squad is the only way to play this game.

It's going to be great when squad servers turn into essentially Solo servers. :v: Then the pendulum will swing back to groups of marauders ganging up on solo squads.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the sks is sooooo good compared to where it was before

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Doorknob Slobber posted:

the sks is sooooo good compared to where it was before

What happened to it?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

22 Eargesplitten posted:

What happened to it?

You can put a grip on it now which makes it pretty incredible for rapid firing.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

lohli posted:

You can put a grip on it now which makes it pretty incredible for rapid firing.

i wouldn't be surprised if they tweaked it a little bit beyond that, before it seemed like shots would go wild even if single firing reaallllyyyyyy slowwwwwwwww, but now you can just pop it off constantly especially with a grip

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Sokani posted:

I see that you, too, suffer from an insatiable need to reload constantly.

It's basically Breathing 2: The Sequel at this point.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

are the sunset rounds on the same frequency as rain rounds? Either way give the % chance for rain rounds to sunset rounds

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Kinda wish I enabled shadowplay so I could catch moments in solo such as:

Less than 10 people left and I use my motorcycle to fly off an invisible rock into the tree line, dismount 20 feet up in the air before it slams into a tree, and shotgun someone in the face before I land and break my legs.

Now that I type it out it sounds absolutely impossible and absurd.

revolther
May 27, 2008
Seems like they changed the rain effects and got rid of the on-screen "post processing" or whatever that made your view look like a rainy windshield, but it really fixed performance.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Xenaero posted:

Less than 10 people left and I use my motorcycle to fly off an invisible rock into the tree line, dismount 20 feet up in the air before it slams into a tree, and shotgun someone in the face before I land and break my legs.

https://youtu.be/axFpWQ00Ch4

jvilmi
May 29, 2004
Upcoming improved UAZ:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Xenaero posted:

And you'll never be able to prove it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how do these chinese streamers get thousands of viewers they're worse than me.

also lol their version has green blood.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Next week's new gun should be cool, but I think we're still missing out not having a lever action. It'd be pretty neat to get a winchester 1894, and they could even use the one chambered for .45. Would be fitting in the new American southwest map.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Groovelord Neato posted:

how do these chinese streamers get thousands of viewers they're worse than me.

also lol their version has green blood.

All humans are spiders apparently

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Hooplah posted:

Next week's new gun should be cool, but I think we're still missing out not having a lever action. It'd be pretty neat to get a winchester 1894, and they could even use the one chambered for .45. Would be fitting in the new American southwest map.

Having a themed gun game type would be great. Old west style, with revolvers, lever actions and shotguns. Soviet style with AKM, SKS, VSS only and so on.

Or add in an old rifle that shoots something like a .45-70.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Never 4get the life and death of JFC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35E58IJHsnc

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Why are melee weapons so lovely

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

CitizenKain posted:

Having a themed gun game type would be great. Old west style, with revolvers, lever actions and shotguns. Soviet style with AKM, SKS, VSS only and so on.

Or add in an old rifle that shoots something like a .45-70.

Kar, Tommy gun, 1911, revolver, pump and double barrel shotguns.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Why are melee weapons so lovely

Why is movement so lovely?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

this is the best thing ive seen

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

oh my god this is the best

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

This is like when people used to ask how did you see the scoreboard in counterstrike and you'd tell them alt-f4.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Babe Magnet posted:

You switch gears with F

Best thing is that it was a mod in his chat. And the hurried "don't do that" when he realised that he might take it seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I made the mistake of watching that clip on my laptop while I'm in class and I can't stop giggling oh my God

His posture as he throws off his headset

I'm crying

• Locked thread