Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
once again, the FWC has the swankest meeting hall club corner thing and DO has the shittiest pile of crap in the tower

e; NM hookah lounge is actually v. powerful too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

the good fax machine posted:

Anyone that was bummed that they could only see their legacy thing once at the beginning of the game, can view it again from the character select screen by clicking the Age of Trump logo

Sweet, thanks.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Mazerunner posted:

once again, the FWC has the swankest meeting hall club corner thing and DO has the shittiest pile of crap in the tower

e; NM hookah lounge is actually v. powerful too

Are dead orbit still a bunch of broody space-goths?

Dwitzl
Feb 4, 2008

You got dem orrrrbs?

actionjackson posted:

Since there's no pgs thread here's a roster for a gay raiding group on Wednesday night, time TBA

sjackson12
padrechester
brownview
mustreloadfaster
dwitzl
tex

alt: sazzandra

It took me about 10 minutes to get five people who want to raid with me (I'm saying this to whoever said no one likes playing with me)

:woof:

FWIW I'm off of work at 8pm EST, so I'd be able to run the raid after that

EDIT: I'm actually available for a 7pm CST or 8pm CST on the dot, so whatever works for people i'll be available for

Dwitzl fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Sep 12, 2017

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Linx posted:

The factions, who compete in the Crucible to ensure they are in fighting shape for when the Tower needs them, decided to lay low for a week or so to make sure this whole Red Legion thing is over for sure.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Linx posted:

well, there's no one actually IN those spaces right now, though I bet there'll be a future event or something, hopefully.

But yeah you just get a good sense of personality from their corners:

NM: a cozy semi-enclosed patio, great view of the city and traveler, comfortable couch, lots of books, fancy teapot and candles
FWC: elevated minimalist hall with window overlooking the hangar, those pod chairs from the one scene in men in black, mostly white w/ FWC accents
DO: a pile of boxes in the corner of the hangar

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Mazerunner posted:

well, there's no one actually IN those spaces right now, though I bet there'll be a future event or something, hopefully.

yeah, the faction rally on 9/26

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Super No Vacancy posted:

survival is good

I would like survival if it was just one round or best out of three. But as is it takes too loving long.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
survival is great because i'm the only person getting kills on my team and my reward for that is never getting to actually respawn

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Survival is insanely boring campy camp mode for campers.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
good to see that crucible is basically unplayable if your primary is anything other than an auto rifle

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Mazerunner posted:

But yeah you just get a good sense of personality from their corners:

NM: a cozy semi-enclosed patio, great view of the city and traveler, comfortable couch, lots of books, fancy teapot and candles
FWC: elevated minimalist hall with window overlooking the hangar, those pod chairs from the one scene in men in black, mostly white w/ FWC accents
DO: a pile of boxes in the corner of the hangar

They're packing their things up to leave but are very lazy.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Thesan is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)

http://i.imgur.com/F6dGdIU.gifv

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Hulk Krogan posted:

Thesan is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)

http://i.imgur.com/F6dGdIU.gifv

Are you talking about the Shock and Awe, which uses the Thesan model, or is there also a gun called Thesan again??

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I got really pumped because I got a pulse with the Hawksaw model and archetype last night, but it turns out it sucks rear end in crucible. I still can't give up Scathelocke with a scout rifle in the energy slot.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
what's the xbone clan situation

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Dollas posted:

Read the OP, and ask yourself, do you ever try to change gears in your stick shift convertible but you accidentally grab your big ol dick?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Dollas posted:

looks like us boners need to make our own overflow group, with blackjack, and hookers

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Is the Hawkmoon still in it
What's the consensus of the Sunshot because in my opinion, it is "good" and I wish I had the resources and knowledge to improve it from 150 to whatever my current best energy weapon is

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Calaveron posted:

What's the consensus of the Sunshot because in my opinion, it is "good" and I wish I had the resources and knowledge to improve it from 150 to whatever my current best energy weapon is

I fuckin love the Sunshot but Im trash.

How do you upgrade weapons? Can you even do that?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Calaveron posted:

If you have a kinetic hand cannon you can use it for infusion fuel. Took me a while to realize that infusing is based on weapon class and not whether it's kinetic/energy

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Barudak posted:

I fuckin love the Sunshot but Im trash.

How do you upgrade weapons? Can you even do that?

Dismantle exotics and re buy them at higher light from the collections console. Upgrading is for chumps.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
i have a clan with 4 in it that can serve as an overflow if people are interested

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Are you talking about the Shock and Awe, which uses the Thesan model, or is there also a gun called Thesan again??

The first one.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Dollas posted:

i have a clan with 4 in it that can serve as an overflow if people are interested

i'm ready captain

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Few quick questions for someone who just bought Destiny 2 and is starting when I get home

Is it the same categories of guns as in Destiny 1? I really enjoyed the weapon sets for the first game but I'm just wondering if there is anything new

I didn't really touch Destiny 1 multiplayer, can you be effective as a "support" player or is it strictly K/D/A?

Cheers

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ultimate Mango posted:

Dismantle exotics and re buy them at higher light from the collections console. Upgrading is for chumps.

Wait, what? Is that something you get for beating the story?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Insane Totoro posted:

For the whole mess of people that need a PS4 clan invite, click here please:

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2232592

Just to reiterate we're on our 3rd or 4th clan of 100 now?

Like some goons PSN friend joined the forums just to join the clan

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

There's a couple new weapon types (grenade launchers, SMGs) and no, pvp is basically all positioning and killing. You can do some support stuff but it's basically just in service of doing more shooting.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm loving the SMG in PvP, nothing feels better than unloading a clip into someone who just popped their super and taking them out before they can even react.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Just to reiterate we're on our 3rd or 4th clan of 100 now?

Like some goons PSN friend joined the forums just to join the clan

Yes.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Barudak posted:

The collection kiosks are in the vault now, switch tabs. I don't think you need to beat the story to unlock them but you probably won't have many exotics until then anyway.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Barudak posted:

No, it's available from the very beginning. It's a function of the vault collections tab.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

Turdsdown Tom posted:

i'm ready captain

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2236977

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I'm the public events on empty planets.

gently caress.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Sent an invite request to Big, Dumb Space Men, PSN is Valghast.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Sent an invite request to Big, Dumb Space Men

Same, psn name is Ramagamma86

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

haveblue posted:

The collection kiosks are in the vault now, switch tabs. I don't think you need to beat the story to unlock them but you probably won't have many exotics until then anyway.

they max out at 205 light anyway, not that useful

Anyone messed around with the DARCI exotic sniper? It seems alright for bosses if you can hit precision shots- 7 round mag, higher rof but lower impact, bonus to precision shots and accuracy, but I dunno.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Y'all are gonna be clan lvl 5 in, like, a week. My clan has 9 people lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Emron posted:

Y'all are gonna be clan lvl 5 in, like, a week. My clan has 9 people lol

Theres a hard cap on level gain for the clan so sadly, no.