Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Ojjeorago posted:

Next year will have the iPhone X-2, which will have a great battle system but horrible story.

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Should have called the the iPhone Anniversary and been guaranteed to have sold two to every single married couple that uses social media to show off to their friends. Which I believe is all of them.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
"iPhone Ten" or "iPhone Ex"?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I like the status bar being moved to the top left and right corners of the OLED screen with that bar in the middle separating them (I guess that’s where the front camera will be), but also it makes it look way more like an Android phone and kind of lose its distinct identity.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's identity of being a good OS and not a garbage can on fire should still be intact.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ojjeorago posted:

Next year will have the iPhone X-2, which will have a great battle system but horrible story.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Pivo posted:

so what next year
iphone 9 and iphone x2?
i want the iphone xxx and vin diesel to play jony ive in the ads

Either iPhone 11 or XI.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

iphone XL

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

In two years we could have the iPhone XXX. :quagmire:

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
iPhone Magic Tim XXL

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

iPhone XS

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Ojjeorago posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Not gonna lie, it being called X instead of a boring number makes me want it more. I really hope that stops in the future. It was really dumb that the 9th flagship iPhone was called the 7.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

iPhone Success and iPhone Excess would be good names for standard/plus phones

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

iPhone PS for a low-budget variant released mid-cycle

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

iPhone DS for a flip phone with two screens

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Not gonna lie, it being called X instead of a boring number makes me want it more. I really hope that stops in the future. It was really dumb that the 9th flagship iPhone was called the 7.

The second one was the 3(G). I think the only one that ever lined up right was the 4. The S versions make things weird.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

iPhone SS for the American market

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

xXxiPhOnExXx

Also the iphone 7 is 10th generation.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ojjeorago posted:

Tremendous

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Sorry to be one of those “beta” posters but I just upgraded my phone to the latest beta since it’s almost GM time and I have a question.

On the iPhone is double-pressing the home button the only way to open the app switcher now? I really loved the force touch on the side for quick changing my apps.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

cryptoclastic posted:

Sorry to be one of those “beta” posters but I just upgraded my phone to the latest beta since it’s almost GM time and I have a question.

On the iPhone is double-pressing the home button the only way to open the app switcher now? I really loved the force touch on the side for quick changing my apps.

Yes

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.
I'm hoping 2018 brings the iPhone X Gon' Give It To Ya.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Does.the new iOS let you see more than four albums per screen in the music app?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

withak posted:

Does.the new iOS let you see more than four albums per screen in the music app?

Man I loving hope so. What genius decided nobody wanted a list view anymore?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Weedle posted:

The same one that decided no one ever browses music in landscape mode.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Weedle posted:

There is a list view for artists just not for albums. :argh:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I’m super disappointed at the apparent lack of TouchID on the new phone. I feel like it puts the X into “never buy first-gen Apple products” territory with respect to the facial recognition. Not being able to unlock it in my pocket with my thumb kind of sucks and makes me not want to drop a rumored 1000 freakin dollars.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I’m super disappointed at the apparent lack of TouchID on the new phone. I feel like it puts the X into “never buy first-gen Apple products” territory with respect to the facial recognition. Not being able to unlock it in my pocket with my thumb kind of sucks and makes me not want to drop a rumored 1000 freakin dollars.

There's no way facial recognition will be as quick as Touch ID. Like you said, reach in pocket and grab phone with thumb already on the home button, with lift to wake on it unlocks before you even look at it. I can picture facial recognition being frustrating to use and more of a gimmick.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lol they aren't going to have Touch ID? How's that gonna work for Apple Pay?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
AirPods sound the exact same as EarPods and I hurt my brain trying to shake my head so much they'll fall out (they never fall out).

Being able to shut up Siri and turn one ear into a pause and another into track skip makes life so much easier.

They really are awesome. I now feel silly for having an iPhone with a headphone jack.

Also, while they sound the exact same as EarPods, the first call I took on them somehow managed to be my first HD call even though my carrier has supported those for over a year. Holy poo poo HD calling sound good. Pity no one actually talks on the phone anymore,.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Except with Touch ID invariably about 25% of the time it shits itself, and then you have to manually type in your password.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

The Lord Bude posted:

Except with Touch ID invariably about 25% of the time it shits itself, and then you have to manually type in your password.

IME it's more like 2%.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

wink at the camera to confirm payment, raise an eyebrow to cancel

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

Use your Apple Watch, dummy.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

withak posted:

IME it's more like 2%.

It happens at least once a day for me.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I've found that the second-gen Touch ID on my 7 Plus works instantly nearly every time, while the first-gen Touch ID on my Air 2 is a lot less reliable.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

If they do facial recognition with no Touch ID I will legit be angry. Fingerprint , and especially its execution on iPhone, is just extremely useful. Also, I've picked up people's Samsung phones with facial recognition and it's just weird seeing a picture of yourself to unlock the phone. Not a fan.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

The Lord Bude posted:

It happens at least once a day for me.

Do you have exceptionally sweaty hands? Mine doesn’t well work after washing my hands.

Could also try erasing all of your prints and re-doing them if you haven’t already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I've tried the erasing and redoing thing several times over the couple of years I've had my 6S plus. It seems to work for a while (or it could just be a placebo effect) but invariably it keeps happening. It happens much, much less frequently on my iPad Air 2; which is strange since it has the older generation sensor. On my phone, I'd estimate 25% of unlocks require multiple tries, and maybe 10% fail 3 times forcing me to enter my password.