Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Welcome home, Dave.

Now, onto important matters. Is the jeep husk still there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Good job Dave - it wasn't fun or wholesome or whatever

But you made it back to valentine! congrats on being back in a muddy cold field all autumn wooooooo

Kazinsal posted:

Welcome home, Dave.

*ring ring*
Dave?

Dave, you can use the radio to speak with others, you don't have to start work straight away. You can reach me at freq 141.12.

Old Binsby fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Sep 9, 2017

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

Kazinsal posted:

Welcome home, Dave.

If it is, I'll Make more Inch Dick Twin Peaks photoshops.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

MullardEL34 posted:

If it is, I'll Make more Inch Dick Twin Peaks photoshops.

I was hoping you'd make some regardless, the first one was a good title card. Better not encumber the eventual licensee of the film rights to this thread too much

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Old Binsby posted:

I was hoping you'd make some regardless, the first one was a good title card. Better not encumber the eventual licensee of the film rights to this thread too much

True.
Also, How can I send monetary thanks to Tremek for all that he's done?
I'm also willing to send Dave some easy to prepare food that cooks up good as long as he has access to water and heat.
https://alessifoods.com/catalog/product/2063/alessi-pasta-fazool-neapolitan-bean-soup?i=0370-1
Stuff like that Pasta Fazool Mix. Add a can of chopped tomatoes and some cheap ground beef and you have a meal that could last a few days by storing the leftovers out in the cold.

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Sep 9, 2017

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

DICK DICER posted:

Target in sight. Theres a literal lightning storm going on.

You have been blessed by a genu-ine Midwestern thunderstorm! Enjoy.

(glad you aren't stuck outside!)

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

MullardEL34 posted:

True.
I'm also willing to send Dave some easy to prepare food that cooks up good as long as he has access to water and heat.
https://alessifoods.com/catalog/product/2063/alessi-pasta-fazool-neapolitan-bean-soup?i=0370-1
Stuff like that Pasta Fazool Mix. Add a can of chopped tomatoes and some cheap ground beef and you have a meal that could last a few days by storing the leftovers out in the cold.

You can pm everdave for his paypal (see below), he's curently proxying any funds coming in to Tremek. I'm not sure whether that paypal address has been posted publicly else I'd have linked it.

everdave posted:

After the hotel funds as of today I have been forwarding any funds to Tremek. He has not told me what he has spent but I know he bought a $350 camper, $150 new tires for it, fixed a bike for 14, got propane and other supplies, I would t be surprised if he has spent $1k. I've only forwarded him like $130 so far but I did promise to pay for half the camper so when things settle down I will send him $175 of my cash.

Edit: Tremek and 14 120 miles from Valentine rolling in a LandCruiser pulling 14's new home

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

The Deagle has landed:

Joking aside, Dave is a good guy and I would urge for the end of the the bizarro-world voyeuring and support him getting on his feet in a self-sufficient manner moving forward.

Good luck out there Dave! Feels like it will be what you make it. Catharsis comes in all forms.

Headed back to CO now.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Sep 9, 2017

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Tremek, you're the best kind of wealthy dude.

Dave, I wish you the best. Out of Seattle, a wave of support behind you, and an entire future ahead.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Amazing, now all we need is that natural gas drilling rig and some fracking equipment. You guys got a conversion kit for that 350 right?

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Tremek posted:

The Deagle has landed:

Joking aside, Dave is a good guy and I would urge for the end of the the bizarro-world voyeuring and support him getting on his feet in a self-sufficient manner moving forward.

Good luck out there Dave! Feels like it will be what you make it. Catharsis comes in all forms.

Headed back to CO now.

Exactly my sentiments, put better than I did. Thank you.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
Holy poo poo this forum. Tremek you are a good dude.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

AI owes you big Tremek. If karma is a thing, you're good for a long time.

Dave do the thing and go save Orlando.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Tremek posted:

The Deagle has landed:

Headed back to CO now.

I don't post in AI much, but have casually followed this thread since pretty close to the start on a recommendation, and wow man good on you for what you have done. Like you didn't do a "I want to see this happen" thing, but a "just staight up helping a goon out" thing. Props.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Tremek posted:

The Deagle has landed:

Headed back to CO now.

Tremek is a goddamn legend

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Holy crap dude, you really went above and beyond fir Dave there man. Thank you, for being the best goddamn human being.
I'll kick some cash your way after the storm passes.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
holy crap Tremek, top notch human-ing friend.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
AI is good people and tremek is one of the prototypes.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Where is the depot in salt lake? I'm wondering if an in person visit could move it along. At least visually confirm the box and confirm where it needs to go. I live very close to the 15 and it's 15 miles to downtown...

The depot is right downtown. It's part of the uta hub where the frontrunner and light rail and busses all meet up. I did a driveby the other day on my way home from work but the greyhound part was closed (I guess they are open 6am to noon and 5 to midnight.)

They don't have the box though AFAIK - greyhound tells me they haven't located it yet. If you want to stop by during their open hours and heckle them or look around to see if you can find, it feel free - I'm sure it'd be appreciated. I've just been calling the (Indian outsourced) baggage helpline daily to no avail. (I'll be in park city today and tomorrow).

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
Goddamn. Tuning in to this to see all of this, and where it could have gone wrong but then people chipped in and went out of their way and... just drat.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
i've only lurked this thread thus far but wow

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Im awake and of all things seemto.have reception in valentine

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Tremek :glomp:

MullardEL34 posted:

True.

The craigslist ad for the camper showed a propane cooktop in it. Probably safe to assume it can be made to work somehow, and the ad mentioned throwing in a propane tank.

Looked like Tremek brought several potable water containers. There's also a possibility that the water may be on at Danno's old place, with an outside spigot? Maybe? Or was he on well water? I'm assuming the power is shut off since the house is empty. :ohdear:

DICK DICER posted:

Im awake and of all things seemto.have reception in valentine

Valentine is the only part of NE that Metro's coverage map shows 4G coverage in. :laffo:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 9, 2017

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

BTW, if anyone has supplies and/or hot sauce they want to send to Dave in the field, PM or email me for the address.

Explodingsims2@gmail.com

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Brolander posted:

i've only lurked this thread thus far but wow

I'd have never guessed to see you here

Also is DICK's in Valentine for awhile right? Gonna have to make him a sauce package of my own

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Tremek, Patron Saint of AI.

I love this dumb forum so god damned much.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Does he have access to electricity?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Everybody needs to look at the AI Facebook page like right now.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

I saw him live briefly, he said he couldn't get the trailer lift up (probably broken). I found a page explaining some of the lifting mechanisms pop-up trailers use/used including Colemans:

http://www.customcylindersintinc.com/article/understanding-camping-trailers-roof-lift-systems

"The Coleman lift system does not connect directly to the cable. the crank connects to a shaft that transmits movement through a chain linkage to a threaded rod. the threaded rod goes through the center of a distribution block that is captured in a track that keeps it straight and in alignment with the outgoing cables. When the crank is turned in one direction or the other, it turns the threaded rod that moves the distribution block forward or backwards in the channel. The outgoing cables are routed through a series of pulleys that are located in the body of the vehicle and inside the large telescoping tubes located at each corner of the roof. In summary, the rotation of the crank is transmitt4ed through a chain to turn the threaded rod that moves the distribution block, thereby causing the cables to extend or retract the telescoping tubes that raises or lowers the roof. MAINTENANCE: The system should be lubricated at the beginning of each season. The pulleys and lift height adjustment should be lubricated very sparingly with silicone spray."

edit: I guess it's important to know: does one corner only not raise? Does only one corner raise? Is the cranking mechanism really loving stiff and hard to turn? One of the former would be one or multiple broken cable, but if at least one corner raises, then the cranking mechanism works. If it's super stiff it needs to be lubed.

stevobob fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Sep 9, 2017

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I can't see the video right now but we knew the lift is not working, thanks for that link, hopefully 14 can get it sorted. I'm sure he is checking the thread but I'll send that link to him directly.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It doesnt raise at all on all 4 and makes noise near the worm gear

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Valentine pd literally asked me if im the dude who burned his jeep down last year

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

DICK DICER posted:

It doesnt raise at all on all 4 and makes noise near the worm gear

Probably the "distribution block", or the anchor for all the cables that the threaded rod goes through, is stripped out and the threaded rod just spins inside it. I'm trying to figure out a safe alternative to the threaded rod - if you can brace the jack horizontally against the center spar if the trailer frame, facing forward of the trailer, and you can secure the "distribution block" to the head of the jack maybe you can jack it up that way?

I made a lovely mspaint to compliment my lovely description

edit: image depicts a bottle jack but a scissor jack should work too probably, and be "safer", since the friction of the threaded rod will make it more similar to the original mechanism

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

DICK DICER posted:

Valentine pd literally asked me if im the dude who burned his jeep down last year

What did you say?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

DICK DICER posted:

Did you link them to this thread?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Adiabatic posted:

Tremek, Patron Saint of AI.

I love this dumb forum so god damned much.

:same:

DICK DICER posted:

lmao

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

nm posted:

What did you say?

:v:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
god this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU