Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Just checking in to say that Branco can go gently caress himself with that brutal savage bullshit he's trying to peddle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Gordon Shumway posted:

Just checking in to say that Branco can go gently caress himself with that brutal savage bullshit he's trying to peddle.

I'm usually against people using feces for sexual gratification, Branco OTOH can introduce horrible parasites to his body and die.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

At this point I think that all of the DEBT cartoons are a confusing cry for help from Ramirez

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

What the gently caress is this distancing poo poo

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Electric Phantasm posted:

gently caress I laugh everytime I look at that Ramirez, I think something might be wrong with me.
It may be the perfect unaware self-parody.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
What is Hillary's book turns out to be good and a frank reflection on what she should have done differently and not just BLAME TRUMP! DEPLORABLES! repated over and over for 500 pages? :shrug:

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Is this a thing that people actually believe?

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

So climate change is real and empty treaties aren't enough to fix it? I mean, that's all I get here.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hurricanes have always existed, therefore climate change isn't real.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I can't wait for all of these cartoonists to make their yearly "If global warming why cold" comics.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

OldMemes posted:

What is Hillary's book turns out to be good and a frank reflection on what she should have done differently and not just BLAME TRUMP! DEPLORABLES! repated over and over for 500 pages? :shrug:

Even if it is the former, there will be enough lines that can be taken out of context to pretend it's the latter.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Moddington posted:

Even if it is the former, there will be enough lines that can be taken out of context to pretend it's the latter.

Hillary is like a poster who can't stop posting day by day because it makes people talk about it.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Give this poster two Pulitzers!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on racism and UK criminal justice – Labour MP David Lammy highlights ‘racial bias’ and proposes plan to offer some first-time offenders the chance to go on rehabilitation programmes rather than face trial"

Telegraph:

Last Night of the Proms: Stars prepare for spectacular finale

Independent:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

this brings to mind The Bojeffries Saga for some reason

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I can't wait for all of these cartoonists to make their yearly "If global warming why record breaking blizzard" comics.

ftfy

:smith:

Zetsubou-san fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 9, 2017

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

It's incisive meteorology!!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

It's a fish with needles for teeth and a pill bottle for a lure, do we really need labels to understand what it represents?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Alhazred posted:

It's a fish with needles for teeth and a pill bottle for a lure, do we really need labels to understand what it represents?

It could have been the pharmaceutical industry! :dees:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Shugojin posted:

It could have been the pharmaceutical industry! :dees:

God forbid a political cartoon could have multiple interpretations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Well, that's dark. Accurate, but dark.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Theres needs to be another panel thats just the antifa member saying " well they have swastika armbands, confederate flags, and are yelling Jews wont replace us so close enough! "

I swear this is just "If they are so racist where are their white hoods"

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

I forget, is this the first post-Charlottesville toon where Payne outright shills for the Nazis or did he have one already?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

sheep-dodger posted:

I forget, is this the first post-Charlottesville toon where Payne outright shills for the Nazis or did he have one already?

You'd think he would've drawn the car nazi, given his penchant for vroom-vrooms.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

Hurricane Trma?
Are we up to the T's already :ohdear:

edit: I hope he gets sued for either using the trademarked rand mcnally logo or for removing it from a copyrighted piece of work without attribution.

ACRE & EQUAT fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 9, 2017

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I can't really be disappointed with Payne, he does what he must to have his art supplies for the vroom vroom.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Avirosb posted:

You'd think he would've drawn the car nazi, given his penchant for vroom-vrooms.

shilling for those laws that legalise running over protesters sounds like the perfect topic for Payne.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015
I've just come back to this thread after a few years hiatus. Going over the first post to find out what happened to Day by Day and who the gently caress Zelda was, I noticed a line in the archives. Cartoonists and their families have been weeding out the truly lovely cartoons when it comes to archiving them. I don't know about that but I do know the full papers have been archived. I thought I would whip up some editorial cartoon history starting with Chuck Asay in the late 1970s.

As best as I can tell Chuck has always hated food programs. 2-26-1981

Part 1
Part 2
From 3-12-81 An editorial about the above cartoon. Editorials turned out to be a good way to pin down a publishing schedule. Asay generated a lot of letters.

2-2-78 Chuck rails against big lunch quite a bit.

4-18-1973 All of these came from the Taos News out of New Mexico. At first I thought this was racism, and it might be, but it might just be about water rights.

4-18-1973 This one is racism

1-12-1978 Big Park? I actually have no idea.

1-12-1978 Apparently about a new sign ordinance. It's also probably a dig on poor people.

1-5-78 This one is just surreal

1-2-1960 And to end on a not horrible note. I have no idea who drew this. From the New York Age

The clipping service I use is Newspapers.com. I have a subscription so if people are interested I can try digging through it to find truly terrible stuff from the past.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Well give Rameriz credit, he didnt stop bitching about debt the moment republicans have total control of the government

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Throwing Turtles posted:

The clipping service I use is Newspapers.com. I have a subscription so if people are interested I can try digging through it to find truly terrible stuff from the past.

I wanna see some from 1939 excusing American Nazis.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

Saint Sputnik posted:

I wanna see some from 1939 excusing American Nazis.

I'll see what I can do.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

I hate this world.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

ACRE & EQUAT posted:

Hurricane Trma?
Are we up to the T's already :ohdear:

It's hurricane troma, it sucked up a nuclear plant.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
It's Hurricane Irmer

https://twitter.com/superdeluxe/status/906204253957505024

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Moddington posted:

Taking things Hillary has said or done out of context is basically a cottage industry now, they cling to them for years. 'Basket of deplorables' was her going 'hey republicans, don't throw your towel with with racists, you can be better than that' and they made it a badge of honour.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Despera posted:

Well give Rameriz credit, he didnt stop bitching about debt the moment republicans have total control of the government
But he did apparently wait until Trump decided to work with Democrats to raise the debt ceiling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Throwing Turtles posted:

Part 1
Part 2
From 3-12-81 An editorial about the above cartoon. Editorials turned out to be a good way to pin down a publishing schedule. Asay generated a lot of letters.

Jeez, this letter is 40 years old and still could have been written today :smith:

• Locked thread