Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Second Korakuen is tomorrow morning

Road to Destruction
September 9th at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Nagata, Oka, and Kawato vs. Nakanishi, Kitamura, and Umino
CHAOS (Goto, Y-H, Beretta, and Jado) vs. Bullet Club ( Fale, GoD, and Yujiro)
Togi Makabe and War Machine vs. Suzuki-gun (KES and TAKA)
CHAOS (Will Ospreay and Rocky Romero) vs. L.I.J (Hiromu and BUSHI)
Juice Robinson and David Finlay vs. Bullet Club (Leo Tonga and Chase Owens)
CHAOS (Okada, Ishii, and YTR) vs. L.I.J (Naito, EVIL, and Sanada)
Elimination Match:Tana, Elgin, Kushida, Taguchi, and Ricochet vs. Suzuki-gun (MiSu, Iizuka, Desperado, Taichi, and Kanemaru)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Am I correct in thinking Iizuka loving sucks, or have I just been exposed to his very worst?

Because he seems extremely bad.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

dromal phrenia posted:

Am I correct in thinking Iizuka loving sucks, or have I just been exposed to his very worst?

Because he seems extremely bad.

He's in contention with Enzo Amore for worst wrestler in a major promotion right now

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
He's lucky that Yoshitatsu rarely wrestles and that Diamante Azul was in a MOTYC or his injury would have hurt his candidacy.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kojima teaming with the original Los Igobernables was super awkward in CMLL tonight (also match was bad and woof that finish)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

First of the three main Destruction shows is late tonight/early tomorrow morning at 3:00 EST/8:00 BST

DESTRUCTION in FUKUSHIMA
September 10th at 3:00 EDT/8:00 BST
Azuma Sports Park

Yuji Nagata and Hirai Kawato vs. Manabu Nakanishi and Syota Umino
Katsuya Kitamura and Tomoyuki Oka vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI
CHAOS (Beretta and Jado) vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale and Leo Tonga)
Taguchi Japan (Taguchi, Tana, Makabe, KUSHIDA, and Ricochet vs. Suzuki-gun (Iizuka, Taichi, Desperado, Kanemaru, and TAKA)
IWGP Tag Championship 3 Way: War Machine (c) vs. GoD vs. KES
Juice Robinson and David Finlay vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale and Leo Tonga)
CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Will Ospreay) vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito and Hiromu)
NEVER Openweight Trios Championship:L.I.J(c) (EVIL, SANADA, and BUSHI) vs. CHAOS (Okada, YTR, and Rocky)
NEVER Openweight Championship Lumberjack Match:Minoru Suzuki(c) vs. Michael Elgin

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Trios and CHAOS vs LIJ matches are the only things I remotely care about.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I was watching the show on the side while doing other stuff and I think it's worth checking out the interactions between Hiromu and Ospreay in their tag match.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
But I want Ishii to win... but I also want best pals Naito and Hiromu to win too! :ohdear:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
so did nagata just retire from doing the g1 I guess?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

shiksa posted:

so did nagata just retire from doing the g1 I guess?

Yes? That was always what they were saying.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/njpwworld/status/906466492136308736

Yeah that makes me want to check the show out at least

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Gaz-L posted:

Yes? That was always what they were saying.

word. I zone out on commentary sometimes. the send-off made it seem more final I dunno.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Be careful Hiromu, you can only rub the belly twice! :ohdear:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Intermission is over and the second half of the show is starting now with the IWGP Tag Championship 3-Way.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Look, people in Hiroshima, I know Suzuki's a heel, and you have the human garbage can that is Taichi out there, but NOT singing along to Kaze ni Nare? That's shameful.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah the music played and KAZE NI NARE happened and they did... nothing.

These people are monsters!

Edit: Tanahashi is getting his hair back and Ricochet still rules!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Sep 10, 2017

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Suzuki-gun matches are always so overbooked. After seeing MiSu's G1 which was mostly subdued it's kind of boring having a lumberjack match with seven different guys interfering.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Germansimp posted:

Look, people in Hiroshima, I know Suzuki's a heel, and you have the human garbage can that is Taichi out there, but NOT singing along to Kaze ni Nare? That's shameful.

Fukushima. Wrong part of Japan.

Though you are correct, not singing "Kaze ni Nare" is shameful.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The crowd seemed more hot for some of the undercard stuff then they were for Naito or Okada. Elgin got a decent pop tho.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
that main event was pretty bad.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Foul Fowl posted:

that main event was pretty bad.

Crowd didn't sing Suzuki's song, they deserve what they get.

Giant Murderbaby
Dec 16, 2012
I only watched the main event. Were any of the earlier matches worth watching?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I only watched the two below the main, which were Naito/Hiromu vs Ishii/Ospreay and the Never Six Man match. They were both fine. The Hiromu/Ospreay feud is good.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Boco_T posted:

I only watched the two below the main, which were Naito/Hiromu vs Ishii/Ospreay and the Never Six Man match. They were both fine. The Hiromu/Ospreay feud is good.

Same.

I need to learn when not to turn on the stream. I got up early with the thought of rewinding and catching as much as I could and got the Main Event spoiled via the press conference.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

watching the 9/10 show today. holy poo poo leo tonga is like, significantly taller than fale i wasn't expecting that. big kid.

bushi looks rad as hell in this entrance

shiksa fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Sep 11, 2017

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

shiksa posted:

watching the 9/10 show today. holy poo poo leo tonga is like, significantly taller than fale i wasn't expecting that. big kid.

Fale's only about 6'3" or something like that. He really benefits from guys like Gallows being gone and not being around someone like Archer who's got six inches on him.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
When I saw Fale at the merch table when he was in Melbourne a few weeks ago I was really surprised he wasn't taller. I'm 6'2" and he was roughly my height. I was expecting him to be towering over me.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

tnimark posted:

When I saw Fale at the merch table when he was in Melbourne a few weeks ago I was really surprised he wasn't taller. I'm 6'2" and he was roughly my height. I was expecting him to be towering over me.
When Matt Morgan wasn't wearing lifts (IE House Shows) he was about the same height as I am and I'm 6'2 as well

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
fale's power lies in his bulk, not his height

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

When Matt Morgan wasn't wearing lifts (IE House Shows) he was about the same height as I am and I'm 6'2 as well

Congratulations, you have everything it takes to be the next big wrestling superstar!

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Word on the street is Yoshitatsu is gone from NJPW:
https://twitter.com/STRIGGA/status/907833610258059264

please post your favourite yoshitatsu moments to commemorate this "sad" occasion

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

checksin posted:

please post your favourite yoshitatsu moments to commemorate this "sad" occasion
"Ah! Yes!"

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

checksin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09uZoCbI-6E

(someone was gonna post that sooner or later)

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

shiksa posted:

Bushi doesn't do much in the ring for me, but his attire game is so strong. Maybe the best in wrestling right now.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The Hiroshima show this Sunday is easily the most stacked of the three main Destruction cards and it's headlined by what should be an amazing main event. One noteworthy aspect of the midcard you might not notice on an initial glance is the sour appearance of Kota Ibushi on this tour. It may look on paper like he's just booked for a typical midcard trios match, but Kota said in a recent interview that he wishes to challenge the winner of the IC title match.

DESTRUCTION in HIROSHIMA
September 16th at 5:00 EDT/9:00 BST
Hiroshima Sun Plaza Hall

Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Jushin Liger, and Tiger Mask IV vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, YOSHI-HASHI, and Jado)
Juice Robinson and David Finlay vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale and Leo Tonga)
RPG Vice Farewell Match:RPG Vice vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi and Chase Owens
Kota Ibushi, Michael Elgin, and Togi Makabe vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Takashi Iizuka, and TAKA Michinoku)
IWGP Jr Tag Championship:Funky Future(c) vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi and Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
IWGP Tag Championship 3 Way:War Machine(c) vs. GoD vs. KES
CHAOS (Okada, Ishii, YTR, Ospreay, and Gedo) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon
IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship:KUSHIDA(c) vs. El Desperado
IWGP Intercontinental Championship:Hiroshi Tanahashi(c) vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

Giant Murderbaby
Dec 16, 2012
My boy Zack has got this.

Well probably not. Though isn't Tanahashi legit injured and in need of time off soon, or did I imagine that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Tana needs about 6 months off perpetually and will be saving it for when he's dead

• Locked thread