Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

JawKnee posted:

string em all together in a .gif and give pungry a new av

Not enough teams represented to be a pungry av. What about that Blackhawks fan that adopted every western team except LA and Anaheim (kevlar?)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Man those new Devils jerseys looked real bad in the prospects game. The huge blotch of white right into those solid black pants, blugh

Kale
May 14, 2010

T-Bone posted:

Man those new Devils jerseys looked real bad in the prospects game. The huge blotch of white right into those solid black pants, blugh

Are there any 3rd color jerseys that don't just kind of look ugly as poo poo with clashing wrong colors? Like as in not the kind of stuff they pull out for Winter Classic games that looks like it might have been passable in a very specific type of 70's era scene. It just seems like the rule is if it's a 3rd Jersey it has to look awful.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
This was just their redesigned road jersey, wasn't a 3rd.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Kale posted:

Are there any 3rd color jerseys that don't just kind of look ugly as poo poo with clashing wrong colors? Like as in not the kind of stuff they pull out for Winter Classic games that looks like it might have been passable in a very specific type of 70's era scene. It just seems like the rule is if it's a 3rd Jersey it has to look awful.

Minnesota's was good

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers

Yaya posted:

Oh my god it's beautiful

It's magic :allears:

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Kale posted:

Ottawa's 3rd is perfection.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Kale posted:

Boston, Minnesota, and San Jose had good ones imo

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Adidas is probably going to use the year off for thirds to come up with some absolutely horrid ones

Their reasoning for why there aren't any of this year seems odd while Nike is rolling out as many as four jerseys for some of the more popular NBA teams this year

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Is it hockey time yet?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

iospace posted:

Is it hockey time yet?

Nope, just giants fighting over a ball that's not shaped like a ball.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Furnaceface posted:

Not enough teams represented to be a pungry av. What about that Blackhawks fan that adopted every western team except LA and Anaheim (kevlar?)?

I mean I like the Hawks, Preds, Sharks, Oilers, Avs, and now the Golden Knights. Does that count?

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
All of the Adidas jerseys look like Chinese knockoffs.

They are bad.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

T-Bone posted:

Woof, yeah, they look like a weird Hurricanes offshoot or something.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Didn't we learn 10 years ago that jerseys without a hem stripe look stupid as hell?

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
SAY IT AGAIN FOR THOSE IN THE BACK

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Chad Sexington posted:

Woof, yeah, they look like a weird Hurricanes offshoot or something.

But look at all the available real estate on those jerseys

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Is anybody else excited to drop 60 bills on another EA NHL roster update?

Pickup EASHL removes the need for me to spend any more money on games for at least three months. 3v3 could be interesting too.

Chad Sexington fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Sep 10, 2017

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Chad Sexington posted:

Is anybody else excited to drop 60 bills on another EA NHL roster update?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3828296&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

No.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

God, I hate that number font. (The previous font is on 67's helmet, for comparison.)

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

i think it looks fine tbh

cbj is one of the teams that came out with better looking jerseys with the redesign

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

yellowcar posted:

i think it looks fine tbh

cbj is one of the teams that came out with better looking jerseys with the redesign

I guess the old font was a little cleaner. I'll get used to it.

I liked the stripes a little more being along the collar but other than that, you're right.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
The new jerseys look very different for some teams, but the Jets' jerseys are identical.

I kinda feel left out at being able to malign the new jerseys.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

The new Jets jerseys have that stupid gray collar thing, you can malign that if you want.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
It seems that they made the numbers "pop" a bit more, for some reason. They even redid the Avs number font and while I'll miss it, it really does stand out on the new jerseys.

Also I'm loving the Avs' new/old look.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

LumpyGumby posted:

It seems that they made the numbers "pop" a bit more, for some reason. They even redid the Avs number font and while I'll miss it, it really does stand out on the new jerseys.

Also I'm loving the Avs' new/old look.

I think they pretty definitively got the most un-hosed by the Jersey change. I'm hoping the Caps/Flames/Senators kept their garbage jerseys because they want to double-dip on people having to buy the "new" ones because all 3 have very obvious better alternatives to what they're wearing

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Sedins have announced via the Players' Tribune that they won't play anywhere other than Vancouver in their careers.

quote:

People say our window for winning a Cup has closed, but we have said it before, and we will say it again. We won’t play anywhere else. If we are going to win a Stanley Cup, if we are going to achieve our dream, we’d only want it to be in Vancouver. If we did it anywhere else, I don’t think it would feel the same.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/daniel-and-henrik-sedin-dear-vancouver/

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Vancouver isn't going to resign them, are they?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Spelling Mitsake posted:

They'll be Red Wings next year

Edit: with full NMC's of course

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Spelling Mitsake posted:

My reading between the lines is that management has been non-committal about re-signing them and if the team keeps sucking they'll retire next summer.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Any word on the Flyers/Isles rookie game on wednesday being broadcast/streamed anywhere?

E: Elliott's mask is good

DJExile fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Sep 11, 2017

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

My reading between the lines is that management has been non-committal about re-signing them and if the team keeps sucking they'll retire next summer.

What do you mean if?

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Severson making Larsson money now! Quite literally — 4.1M AAV.

https://twitter.com/NJDevils/status/907240754543599617

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ThinkTank posted:

Going back and playing a couple years together in Sweden to end their career, maybe taking another run at a worlds gold, seems like a good way to cap off a career.

Might help them avoid getting fat like Alfy.

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers

DJExile posted:

Any word on the Flyers/Isles rookie game on wednesday being broadcast/streamed anywhere?

E: Elliott's mask is good

That's a drat good mask.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I appreciate the Sedins sentiment but I feel like a deadline deal to a contending team would be a good thing for everybody in this case

you can go back to vancouver afterwards

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

ThinkTank posted:

The Sedins have announced via the Players' Tribune that they won't play anywhere other than Vancouver in their careers.

now watch the fans turn on them as the season ages

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

look at those floaty euros with their low-energy compete levels! you know why they don't have a Cup? they don't want it bad enough! :sad:

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Chad Sexington posted:

https://twitter.com/NJDevils/status/907240754543599617

That's a very good contract, Severson is excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Chad Sexington posted:

The Nuge is gonna look so good playing alongside Hischier and Hall.

• Locked thread