Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Is it just me, or is it weird that they're going ahead with a UQ Holder adaptation when Negima Classic has never received a full adaptation itself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.patreon.com/NISHII_Terumi

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Is it just me, or is it weird that they're going ahead with a UQ Holder adaptation when Negima Classic has never received a full adaptation itself?

It's not weird to adapt an ongoing manga to give it attention instead of the manga that has been over for more than half a decade.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

El Burbo posted:

Fall 2017: Absolute Kino

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I've seen people talking about Inuyashiki, but I can't for the life of me remember if what they were saying was good or bad.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

It's by the same author as Gantz, which means that it has nice art, batshit action sequences, gratuitous sex and violence and a wet fart of an ending. The manga is finished, unlike Gantz, and has a less sprawling arc in general, also unlike Gantz.

It's on my 'might be good' list, assuming the writers sufficiently knead the story into shape for a TV series.

Rangpur fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Sep 9, 2017

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Jackard posted:

Ancient Magus' Bride by Wit Studio
Chise Hatori has lived a life full of neglect and abuse, devoid of anything resembling love. Far from the warmth of family, she has had her share of troubles and pitfalls. Just when all hope seems lost, a fateful encounter awaits her. When a man with the head of a beast, wielding strange powers, obtains her through a slave auction, Chise's life will never be the same again.

What, is this finally coming out for real?

HellCopter posted:

Wait they're making a real-deal Ancient Magus' Bride anime? That's great news.

First two episodes are up on Crunchyroll.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

I've seen people talking about Inuyashiki, but I can't for the life of me remember if what they were saying was good or bad.

it's a retread of one of the best characters in gantz, the kindly old guy who gained great power. so, the main character is great and since it is still the gantz author most of the rest is varying degrees of not so great.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

The art in Inuyashiki is really inconsistent. When it's properly illustrated it looks great, but there's a not insignificant amount of panels and backgrounds that are just straight-up 3D models or photographs with a simple filter added to them.

This sort of thing becomes more and more prevalent as the manga goes on. By the end almost all of the backgrounds are just photographs. :pwn:

The story's really good though, so if you're willing to look past the horrendous collage-like form the art takes on sometimes it's a worthwhile read. And if the anime ends up looking good then it'll probably be fantastic.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://a.pomf.cat/nzemea.webm

Hina Logi trip report: the ship has sailed

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
watching this show start out as CGDCT and end up at actual romance has been my single greatest joy this season. thanks as always doga kobo

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It's good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Space Flower posted:

watching this show start out as CGDCT and end up at actual romance has been my single greatest joy this season. thanks as always doga kobo

CGDCT?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

cute girls doing cute things

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ah

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
of course that would happen just when I drop it for not going anywhere

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Space Flower posted:

When's the uncensored BD

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Now DogaKobo just needs to let Rin kiss Kou

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kissing is forbidden.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Clearly not!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

Now DogaKobo just needs to let Rin kiss Kou

also love lab season two :argh:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Agronox posted:

also love lab season two :argh:

:hai:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Napping Princess is the best story about self-driving cars I've ever seen. It's playing in US theaters this weekend and you should see it if you get a chance to!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Ooh I'd never heard of this but it looks pretty neat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifUu8zA3Sf8

Definitely going to keep an eye out for it

Oh, nice it's coming to my city in October as part of a Japanese Film Festival, and so is the Neko Atsume movie! :toot:

Oh poo poo, I think~ Your Name might be part of it too!

Knorth fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Sep 10, 2017

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Space Flower posted:

do you think the blu ray will drop the curtain

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

RME posted:

do you think the blu ray will drop the curtain

[in stair voice] nice repost!!!

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

They should have more animes in theaters and less whatever else they have in theaters

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm lucky to have a local drafthouse theater that's run by a rumored otaku gently caress so we get all the anime showingses.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Aurora posted:

[in stair voice] nice repost!!!

what the

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

jng2058 posted:

First two episodes are up on Crunchyroll.
Those don't count - they've been doing one each season since the start of the year.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

VostokProgram posted:

They should have more animes in theaters and less whatever else they have in theaters

My theatres get Miyazaki films and DBZ and that's about it

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

RE ZERO OVA ANNOUNCED.....

About Mayo. :livintrope:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Sep 10, 2017

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

poo poo's getting hella real in touken ranbu

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
reminder to people who are looking at sequels not to forget about Hoozuki no Reitetsu S2

the teaser PVs are really bad so here's the first season's trailer, hopefully the second season will live up to the first
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vpCZ6si3dM

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

what's so bad about karaoke with cute stick puppets?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRyE9BCD8J8

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was talking about the little 15 second ones, I hadn't seen the longer one!!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if that turns out to not be the OP or ED i will be sorely disappointed

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Grouchio posted:

who

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLuYlaH1NOs

Terrific

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Grouchio posted:

I saw the raw and don't know enough Japanese to follow it, so I presumed the joke was that OVA is latin for "eggs."

• Locked thread