Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Bolow posted:

Maybe I read too far into it when he was talking about successfully securing funds from several Ul'dah traders. I do recall him making some weak dismissal about it being kind of hypocritical but being savvy enough to avoid a conflict of interest, but it might just be cutscene fatigue at this point :shepface:

Also where the gently caress is his sister

She's off in the 2.X raid series

She shows back up waaaaaaaay later though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Bolow posted:

Maybe I read too far into it when he was talking about successfully securing funds from several Ul'dah traders. I do recall him making some weak dismissal about it being kind of hypocritical but being savvy enough to avoid a conflict of interest, but it might just be cutscene fatigue at this point :shepface:

His sister is the focal point of the A Realm Reborn raiding plotline. You'll see her again in main story though.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Bolow posted:

Eastern La Noscea.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Leofish posted:

Alphinaud should have paid attention to the spooky music that played every time people were talking.

He actually should have paid attention to Yuyuhase's insanely deep-rear end voice.

Bolow posted:

The proper reading of it is that Alphinaud is a big, spoiled idiot with no conception of the real world, who thinks that merely being clever and having good intentions is all that you need to foil evil. He genuinely thinks that he can outfox the Syndicate and keep his Braves pure, and it instantly blows up in his face, because he's not even one-tenth as smart as he thinks he is. It's the first major step in his development as a character, and it's also the first time I realized that the writing in this game is something special.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Sep 10, 2017

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

ImpAtom posted:

Odd question: beyond the scythe are there any Thaum and Conj staffs that share models? I had a glam idea but it would need them to share the same model. (Or close enough that it doesn't really matter.)

What kind of look are you going for, if I may ask? THM and CNJ staves don't really share models at all. As previously mentioned, some of the lower-level items are pretty plain, like maybe the "radical" type CNJ staves could look a bit like the horn-based staves that THM uses.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Leofish posted:

What kind of look are you going for, if I may ask? THM and CNJ staves don't really share models at all. As previously mentioned, some of the lower-level items are pretty plain, like maybe the "radical" type CNJ staves could look a bit like the horn-based staves that THM uses.

No specific look, i just had a silly idea involving macros and swapping between the two but it would have needed a similar character model. I can just use the scythe I suppose but eeeh at spending money for it. I'll probably just deal with the different looks.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bolow posted:

Ask someone to run you through Coil. Trust me, it's worth it.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Ask someone to run you through Coil. Trust me, it's worth it.

There an attunement for it? I have some Crystal Tower quest I kind of shunted to the wayside to finish wrapping up all the ARR content that isn't Extreme bosses.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Crystal Tower is 24 man, while Binding Coil is 8 man.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Bolow posted:

There an attunement for it? I have some Crystal Tower quest I kind of shunted to the wayside to finish wrapping up all the ARR content that isn't Extreme bosses.

You have to clear the hard modes of Ifrit, Garuda and Titan then do a short quest (Primal Awakening) that Urianger gives you to unlock the first tier.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bolow posted:

Yes, but it's short and straightforward. For actually doing the raid, you probably only need three other level 70s who know what they're doing to carry you, although it never hurts to have more people to share your newbie bonus with.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So is there a minium amount of MP you need to use Flare? At level 50 i can get 3 Fire 2's off and still do it but doing 4 somehow blanks it out?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yes. You need at least 266 MP at 50.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So is there a minium amount of MP you need to use Flare? At level 50 i can get 3 Fire 2's off and still do it but doing 4 somehow blanks it out?

It's roughly the cost of a fire when you're not in af/ui.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
we did it boyos

the healing in this fight is intense but whm cds really line up well if you space them out. assize on meteors + boss is good, thin air trivializes almagest off of grand cross delta combo ; iirc there's only one out of the three that you can't thin air, and even then if you have plenary up its still extremely doable. loved this raid tier, really well designed imo

1215 dps though, extremely shameful, need to up my game

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Sep 10, 2017

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

:unsmith:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

boy are my arms tired posted:

Congratulations, that's still respectable! Plenty of time to get it to dickwave DPS.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

boy are my arms tired posted:

we did it boyos

the healing in this fight is intense but whm cds really line up well if you space them out. assize on meteors + boss is good, thin air trivializes almagest off of grand cross delta combo ; iirc there's only one out of the three that you can't thin air, and even then if you have plenary up its still extremely doable. loved this raid tier, really well designed imo

My experience thus far with Neo is that healing is way less hectic than exfaust and the only problem almagest presents is ripping aggro. I find a largessed medica 2, an assize, and 2 cure 3s is about my limit, barring lucid dreaming usage.. Thankfully, that's plenty sufficient if you go into it with full HP and shields.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

:yikes:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Obligatum VII posted:

My experience thus far with Neo is that healing is way less hectic than exfaust and the only problem almagest presents is ripping aggro. I find a largessed medica 2, an assize, and 2 cure 3s is about my limit, barring lucid dreaming usage.. Thankfully, that's plenty sufficient if you go into it with full HP and shields.

We just let me rip aggro and our paladin covered me for the aero 3 before provoking. Watching enmity on top of all the other stuff that happens sounds like a bad time

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

"heard you were talkin poo poo about us"

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Someone had said they don't mind getting AV in roulette. Now I get it.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

(it's the next to last pull in Kugane with the bomb, 2 arm things and the big sword guys that cleave)

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

maybe he should stop logging in

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I read that post backwards and didn't know that was sarcasm

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I'd poo poo over 4.1 having more storyline too if it weren't a biological need that I do it occasionally anyway.

Really though, I don't know why anyone who dislikes the story plays a game that's so centered in it.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

:yossame:

But seriously, I love how smug this person is when they can't handle the easiest of the three EXDR dungeons. I do not think I will take the advice in their pinned tweet to heart!

edit: what the hell did krile and y'shtola do to this person jesus christ

Solo Wing Pixy fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Sep 10, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Meldonox posted:

I'd poo poo over 4.1 having more storyline too if it weren't a biological need that I do it occasionally anyway.

Really though, I don't know why anyone who dislikes the story plays a game that's so centered in it.

the game's centered on the gear treadmill for tomes/savage pages/primal tokens + drops and the story is a small distraction from that treadmill every three months and a big distraction from it every couple of years when a new expansion hits.

it's no different to most western MMOs in that aspect, it just does what story there is better than its competitors

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I can kind of understand playing through some of it while not knowing what you are getting into but if you straight up don't like the story content I have no idea why you would stick with it through 4 years of content and 2 expansions.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

I thought the opposite and was always confused why people acted like an hour or two tops of fedex quests and cutscenes every 3 months is the main focus of the game.

If you like it, great, but "WHY WOULD YOU PLAY THIS GAME IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE STORY" is an absolutely bizarre take when it's such a tiny minority of the content of this game by playtime. I haven't even thought about the story of this game in months.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Oh you hooker! Grats dude.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

the game's centered on the gear treadmill for tomes/savage pages/primal tokens + drops and the story is a small distraction from that treadmill and a big distraction from it every couple of years when a new expansion hits.

it's no different to most western MMOs in that aspect, it just does what story there is better than its competitors

Well yeah, I just mean relative to other MMOs it really is a selling point. If you're looking for an endless gear treadmill you can play pretty much any of them and it's the same old poo poo for the most part.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So is anyone interested in some Crystal Tower later today? Or maybe some Binding Coil? I would like to do all of them...

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 10, 2017

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

brand engager posted:

maybe he should stop logging in

But Y'shtola basically wasn't even in Stormblood...?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ryanbomber posted:

I thought the opposite and was always confused why people acted like an hour or two tops of fedex quests and cutscenes every 3 months is the main focus of the game.

If you like it, great, but "WHY WOULD YOU PLAY THIS GAME IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE STORY" is an absolutely bizarre take when it's such a tiny minority of the content of this game by playtime. I haven't even thought about the story of this game in months.

[Verranicus voice]
Actually, the story is extremely good and the only part worthwhile and if you've ever skipped a cutscene you will make YoshiP-daddy cry.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

People generally run Crystal Tower on Sundays so you might be able to just DF it today unless something's changed. They're also adding a roulette for alliance raids in 4.1 so if you wait until then you'll have better luck. If you wanna run it with goons, I'm sure you can find someone willing to explain it to you who'll go for the bonus.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Captain Oblivious posted:

But Y'shtola basically wasn't even in Stormblood...?

SHUT THE gently caress UP IM BEING EXTREMELY MAD ONLINE

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

edit: what the hell did krile and y'shtola do to this person jesus christ

Seconding this question. Y'shtola is one of the ones I've seen that even the smarky people who hate the story kind of like. Usually people complain out the ears about Alphinaud and Thancred and Minfilia and give Y'shtola a pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

If anyone, I'm surprised they weren't bitching about Lyse after her wet fart of a storyline in SB. She really didn't develop at all, just kind of... became the leader of the rebellion without learning anything about herself, I guess. Or at least demonstrating that she did, not saying it.