Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

This is a cool introduction and all but there is no reason for it, you are in SPACE, you can just go around in literally any direction.

asteroids, yo

yes I know that asteroid fields don't work like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

This is a cool introduction and all but there is no reason for it, you are in SPACE, you can just go around in literally any direction.

I'm sorry, the nerds can't hear you anymore, they're too busy jacking off to the Catgirl Klingon.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
So they've got space warriors (who I assume are like cops) and space pirates (who I guess plunder stuff), and the people who don't do either call themselves... Outlaws. That seems like an ill fitting name.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Sorry about your dick problems, Gene. :flaccid:

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
"Galactic Layline" seems like a misleading name to me.

It sounds like it's supposed to be some hidden line through the galaxy that's a font of enormous space psychic power, but I guess it's actually just "Planet X Marks the Spot"?

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Momomo posted:

So they've got space warriors (who I assume are like cops) and space pirates (who I guess plunder stuff), and the people who don't do either call themselves... Outlaws. That seems like an ill fitting name.

i think this is one of those translation issues where the English they went with was picked for style over any actual logical meaning. Sorta like how they said Samus Aran is supposed to be a bounty hunter despite being more like a mercenary.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Argus Zant posted:

i think this is one of those translation issues where the English they went with was picked for style over any actual logical meaning. Sorta like how they said Samus Aran is supposed to be a bounty hunter despite being more like a mercenary.

I always preferred "Space Paladin who Self-Identifies as a Bird".

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Argus Zant posted:

Yeah, that's what I figured. This whole show is so delightfully 90s.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

AAAAAHHHHH OH GOD WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT OH gently caress THE PAAAAAIIIIIN

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Nice to have a 90's space anime block to come home to after Saturday night drinkin.

First time they tried to air "HD" Bebop they got about 10 eps in before toonami's run time got cut short and it hadn't been back since.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Outlaw Star next to Cowboy Bebop. Late 90s space cowboy anime is a beautiful thing.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Having to use your own drug before selling it to someone seems like a really bad business model.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Momomo posted:

Having to use your own drug before selling it to someone seems like a really bad business model.

Pissing off a major triad before trying to go solo as a drug dealer is also a bad business model. Asimov is not exactly a smart man.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

poo poo I fell asleep and missed STAR FINGER

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/ToonamiNews/status/907066585801662464

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

The numbers add up, but it feels like it's been soooooo much longer than that.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Arist posted:

poo poo I fell asleep and missed STAR FINGER

Patrick Seitz was on-point with his ORAs in this episode.

Kinda weird they went with Captain Dragon becoming Hulk Hogan instead of just calling Jotaro boy or kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd8Rb9lYrHw

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Sep 11, 2017

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Ceramics posted:

Nice to have a 90's space anime block to come home to after Saturday night drinkin.

First time they tried to air "HD" Bebop they got about 10 eps in before toonami's run time got cut short and it hadn't been back since.

I wonder if there are there any other 90's space anime Toonami could add/return to the line-up.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Mraagvpeine posted:

I wonder if there are there any other 90's space anime Toonami could add/return to the line-up.

That's basically all they ever had on there, unless you want to add OG tenshi in there as something technically involving alien chicks. Which, to be honest, these days is loving tame and bearable compared to Tokyo Ghoul or whatever that has stupid creepy poo poo, and yet has the audacity to think itself as DEEP and SERIOUS. At least Tenshi, even at its most harem, never acted like it was anything else than what it was. It's an honest loser cheesecake show that is somehow hilariously quaint. Or I guess Blue Seed if you want to be depressed? No way in hell they'd be cool enough to do G Gundam again.

As for other 90s space shows, space in general, there is always Irresponsible Captain Taylor. But that might be too 90s space dandy to get the toonami crowd that isn't us watching, unfortunately. And then Google's telling me about Black Heaven, which I think I've only heard about barely, and Infinite Ryvius which just sounds shonen mecha as all hell.

If you want movies, we may have to dip into late 80s stuff too, like Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise, Gunbuster, Macross: Do you remember Minmei?, all the older films and OVAs they put on like Char's Counter Attack, O8 team, War in the Pocket, Endless Waltz (and all the white arab boys go OH HERO~). And am I insane, or was it Toonami or old SciFi networking that showed Armitage 3? gently caress, do I miss when anime was all into cyberpunk.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Sep 13, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean, you could do Trigun and complete the holy trinity of 90s space westerns.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Oh wait, that's right, Trigun is technically sci-fi. I keep forgetting the space elements of that and just focus on Vash being a klutz.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Patrick Seitz was on-point with his ORAs in this episode.

Matt Mercer. Seitz is Dio.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Seitz is also Star Platinum. Mercer was in the test dub, but it's changed.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

Seitz is also Star Platinum. Mercer was in the test dub, but it's changed.

It's the opposite.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, you could do Trigun and complete the holy trinity of 90s space westerns.

Oh hell yeah this hadn't even crossed by mind. Bring back Trigun in the 2:30 slot instead of loving AoT reruns.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

LAST WEEK

Dragon Ball Super: The tournament is about to begin! Our opponents are Pooh, a robot, a wuss, Frieza, and Matt Mercer!

Dragon Ball Z Kai: Babidi puts the word out for Piccolo, Goten, and Trunks, and Shin wants Gohan to learn a sword.

Stardust Crusaders: Punch a drat shark!

Hunter x Hunter: Hey, gently caress you, bomber. Also bye, Killua.

Lupin III: Pigs and wine and dead ladies.

Samurai Flamenco: Masayoshi is given a bunch of crime fighting gadgets from a stationery company and must fight for his life when a high bounty is placed on him. Then, when acting as police chief for a day and supervising a drug bust, one guy kinda...turns into a gorilla with a guillotine for a stomach, kills a bunch of people, and blows himself up. Then, a cloaked figure calling himself King Torture appears with evil aims.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://cytu.be/r/goonami
Waffles not back yet, but the playlist is open.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm technically back, but not free yet.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MonsterEnvy posted:

Meet the Universe 6 Fighters

Botamo the Invincible

Frost the Universal Hero

Autta Maggeta the Metalman

Cabba the Saiyan Captain

Hit the Infalible

Bringing this to the front when the post won't be interrupted by the episode going on.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
YOU NEVER, EVER, EVER ASK THE VILLAIN TO GET THE PLOT MOVING. THEY ARE THE ACTIONARY ONES AND WILL ESCALATE.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

This DBSuper better be good. My college football team is playing USC and they're not losing by much.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's a shame this opening still is not updated.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Champa is nicer then Beerus though. So there are the stakes are not large.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Look at his chubby little tummy all stuffed with fluff.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Oh bother.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

MonsterEnvy posted:

Champa is nicer then Beerus though. So there are the stakes are not large.

This is basically a custody dispute, right?

You don't kill the kids you're trying to get out of the suit.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I really wish they went full-Pooh with this guy's voice

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Shut up, Cabba, Universe 6 Saiyans blow

Universe 6 Saiyans rock

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Winnie the Pooh looking motherfucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012