Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Subaru's love for mayonaise.

Seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

Napping Princess is the best story about self-driving cars I've ever seen. It's playing in US theaters this weekend and you should see it if you get a chance to!

Neat. It's been playing nearby for a little while, but no one seemed to have heard about it anywhere.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Action Heroine Cheer Fruits was really good this week

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Grouchio posted:

Seriously.
Gross.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Grouchio posted:

Seriously.

Oh no, Subaru has become hijikata

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

VostokProgram posted:

Oh no, Subaru has become hijikata
Followkata Toshifollow is a gift to humanity and I won't tolerate you besmirch his good name, you unsophisticated knave. :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vYoL40ZkOI

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dang Vostok is getting spoiled

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
tfw dancing without your soul weighed down by gravity

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Guy Goodbody posted:

Action Heroine Cheer Fruits was really good this week

It's been really good pretty much every week! :D This one was lots of fun, though, just finished it. Their performance falling apart was embarrassing, but in the most endearing and hilarious possible way.

Health is most important.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Centaur Art Date(s) was very good, the Chisters swapping out periodically is cute and I'm enjoying the ongoing story of art dad and good daughter a lot

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Good Yami Shibai this week too. It was kinda sweet rather than spooky, weirdly enough. That ED is so nice~

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Knorth posted:

Centaur Art Date(s) was very good, the Chisters swapping out periodically is cute and I'm enjoying the ongoing story of art dad and good daughter a lot

I agree! This episode recontextualizes some small bits in previous episodes, too; for example, Manami being slightly uncomfortable about the (other) lesbian couple in their class kissing in front of her sisters.

Centaur's Worries is cool, if poorly named. Manami is the main character. It should be 'Angel-Sister's Troubles'.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Eela6 posted:

I agree! This episode recontextualizes some small bits in previous episodes, too; for example, Manami being slightly uncomfortable about the (other) lesbian couple in their class kissing in front of her sisters.

Centaur's Worries is cool, if poorly named. Manami is the main character. It should be 'Angel-Sister's Troubles'.

The ED makes it perfectly clear who the show considers the main character.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Jackard posted:

Those don't count - they've been doing one each season since the start of the year.

Fair enough, but episode three of Ancient Magus Bride is also now up. :colbert:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/the-ancient-magus-bride/episode-3-747013?t=0

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

jng2058 posted:

The ED makes it perfectly clear who the show considers the main character.

Then why isn't Chris the main character of Symphogear??

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The Ancient Magus Bride OVA is pure unfiltered :unsmith:.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I think I've asked before, but what chapters do they cover? I don't remember how far into the manga I got.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Armor-Piercing posted:

I think I've asked before, but what chapters do they cover? I don't remember how far into the manga I got.

Its all original content, sort of a prequel short-story.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I think if MHA continued to do nothing other than tests and tournaments I would still enjoy every episode.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Kuro is a good space dragon and I'm glad the young siren couple? siblings? found a nice spot for a new nest

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Agronox posted:

I think if MHA continued to do nothing other than tests and tournaments I would still enjoy every episode.

The filler frog navy episode had me really pining for the days of nineteen season shounen stuff.

Speaking of, I remember people liking Boruto? But then others were like ooo it'll be worse when they stop doing original stuff I think?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/aicnanime/status/907343975559913474

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
More food manga!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/907333925101502466

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i hope they don't spend all week licensing isekai trash i've never heard of

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'll read it!

The mushroom girls thing, not a bunch of isekai manga.

Wait, isn't isekai someone being sent to a fantasy world?

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
My predictions after seeing Centaur's Worries:

The bad guy is 'Pool Pot' a literal pot steaming to get the mushroom ladies thrown into him. It's the Killing Fields by way of Brave Little Toaster.

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Sep 12, 2017

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Knorth posted:

I'll read it!

The mushroom girls thing, not a bunch of isekai manga.

Wait, isn't isekai someone being sent to a fantasy world?

Isekai is literally "another world" so it isn't necessarily a fantasy world. It just commonly is.

Re: Creators is an isekai

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Yeah that's what I thought. I don't see how it relates to the Mushroom girls thing though, besides the general fantasy aspect I guess

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Knorth posted:

Yeah that's what I thought. I don't see how it relates to the Mushroom girls thing though, besides the general fantasy aspect I guess

Seven Seas announced three new licenses today. The others were ARIFURETA: FROM COMMONPLACE TO WORLD'S STRONGEST

quote:

When a classroom of students is transported to another world to act as its saviors, Hajime Nagumo finds himself the weakest link. As his friends and classmates are granted strong classes and impressive abilities due to their existing skills, he is given the weak title of Synergist. When a dungeon quest leaves him separated from his group, Hajime must discover his own talents or be left to rot in this world forever.

and DIDN'T I SAY TO MAKE MY ABILITIES AVERAGE IN THE NEXT LIFE?!

quote:

When she turns ten years old, Adele von Ascham is hit with a horrible headache–and memories of her previous life as an eighteen-year-old Japanese girl named Kurihara Misato. That life changed abruptly, however, when Misato died trying to aid a little girl and met god. During that meeting, she made an odd request and asked for average abilities in her next life. But few things–especially wishes–ever go quite as planned.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Knorth posted:

the two other series announced in that tweet thread are generic isekai LNs/their manga adaptations

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Ohhh. I see, carry on then

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the two polar opposites of isekai- edgelord power fantasy trash and aimless, conflict-free trash.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
You'd think they could at least come up with something more interesting to put in the synopsis, geez

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
How about this, an unremarkable guy wants to live a normal life but then several quirky women show up and turn his life upside down?

But in a magical world

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Guy Goodbody posted:

How about this, an unremarkable guy wants to live a normal life but then several quirky women show up and turn his life upside down?

But in a magical world

Isn't it actually the plot of a show that an unremarkable guy teleports to a world full of just girls, then brings a girl back to his world and then his life is turned upside down by quirky women?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

!tell Zep

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Sounds like tras--

quote:

But in a magical world

Sold.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I contemplated an anime rom-com set in China Mieville's Bas-Lag setting for a moment, and then realised it would just be Centaur's Worries with slightly more overt Marxist subtext.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

when will there be an anime brave enough to give us the human x bugwoman sex scenes we deserve

• Locked thread