Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

katkillad2 posted:

Anyone else have the Nameless Midnight legendary scout rifle? I can't pinpoint why, but it's the best feeling gun I've tried so far. The Mida Multi-Tool is practically the same thing with better stats, but feels way worse.

:same:

Edit: terrible page snipe, so have a pic of my lovely titan playing fashionista

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

99.0 win loss ratio atm. 69 games won, 1 loss. Good enough for best in Aus and tied for 2nd (rank 6th overall in the world). Doubt it'll survive through trials when that starts, but hell it's good to be top of one leader board at least for the time being.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

BlindSite posted:

99.0 win loss ratio atm. 69 games won, 1 loss. Good enough for best in Aus and tied for 2nd (rank 6th overall in the world). Doubt it'll survive through trials when that starts, but hell it's good to be top of one leader board at least for the time being.

Where are rankings now? Last I saw guardian gg wasn't working

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

So many bugs 🐜 of enemies appearing and disappearing from out of nowhere pain in the butt

Anyway completed the campaign piece of piss no deaths from enemies just me walking off things into nothing a couple of times that's how bad rear end I am

Nah just kids I'm super poo poo

Anyway 230 now, so what's there to do in this NZD120 game???

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

BlindSite posted:

69 games won, 1 loss.

Nice

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
So I just infused a 275 scout rifle into a lower level one and it came out at 270

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

So I just infused a 275 scout rifle into a lower level one and it came out at 270

RTFM

Exotics and some legendaries have a +5 light mod on them that doesn't count towards infusion

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

The 275 had a weapon mod that gave +5 LL. When you do that the mod is lost, but if you infuse into that weapon you keep the mod.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

So many bugs 🐜 of enemies appearing and disappearing from out of nowhere pain in the butt

Anyway completed the campaign piece of piss no deaths from enemies just me walking off things into nothing a couple of times that's how bad rear end I am

Nah just kids I'm super poo poo

Anyway 230 now, so what's there to do in this NZD120 game???

Have you considered shooting aliens?

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
So is there any realistic way past light level 273 at the moment? I've pretty much completed all of the quests aside from rat king, and the nightfall. Every single engram gives a 265 piece of gear no matter what even if it's a random drop from a public event, crucible random drop, etc.

I really hope the raid doesn't end up being something loving stupid like "recommended light level 280" where it's necessary to roll a 2nd character to redo all of the quests that give you high end purples and golds at higher levels from your current gear.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I decided I was gonna ram thru a titan to get the Titan patrol armor, and no loving wonder the clan experience was maxed out in an hour, story missions give a poo poo load of xp for very little time.

I wonder if meditations are similar. Don't you need a fire team to do them?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Ularg posted:

The 275 had a weapon mod that gave +5 LL. When you do that the mod is lost, but if you infuse into that weapon you keep the mod.

It only had a standard arc damage mod, no +5

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I don't remember the details, but I had a legendary helments light level 278 (or it was 287?) and the game did not let me fusion it to a level 268. The game said "Base level too low". It said that for other stuff (like another helmet level 269).

Then theres the requirement to use the same type of weapon for weapons.

They have introduced complications here. That made it complicate.

---

So we have two primaries because 1 is for trash mobs and boss, and 2th is for shield enemies and burns? ok, I got it.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

I hated the weapon system in the beta tests, but I think it's worked out really well in the finished game. They got the ammo economy spot on, which really helps.
It's a shame they removed heavy machine guns though. I still have fond memories of The Swarm, my first ever legendary in D1.

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.
So FYI, if you hit the nightfall boss with three supers matching the current elemental burn he goes down from 100 to 0 in less than 30 seconds. Just kill his turrets and wait for matching burn and then melt him.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I feel like the whole game has Juggler turned on. I pretty much only get energy ammo drops while using kinetic guns and vice versa.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Do I have to progress far into the story to unlock the tower?

I looked into all this clan stuff and it mentions talking to hawthorn there but she's currently parked on The Farm doing bugger all.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
The Best Halo Yet is on the board with 27K clan exp. Good job, small handful of leftover xbone bros.

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2236977

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Kin posted:

Do I have to progress far into the story to unlock the tower?

I looked into all this clan stuff and it mentions talking to hawthorn there but she's currently parked on The Farm doing bugger all.

Finish the story and then you get a bunch of new stuff.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

CheeseFactory posted:

The emblem that shows your kd is the most awesome troll poo poo ever. Even more so cuz I'm puahing a 6kda.

Cant wait to all 4 dudes in my team rock it at the same time.

Wait which one is that

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I like how instead of grinding to level up weapons and armor the idea now is to gently caress around, have legendaries barfed at you, then break them down for shards for other stuff. It's a lot more fun.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Mill Village posted:

Finish the story and then you get a bunch of new stuff.

Ah, how long is campaign roughly?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Orpheus Rig is like vanilla Destiny Obsidian Mind for nightstalkers and it owns super hard

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I really wasn't into the game until I got to Titan and then everything just sort of clicked for me. This is a good game and I hope I can get as much enjoyment out of it as I did D1.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I thought I signed up for the first KINK before the game came out but I guess not? psn: GuyFieriGoatee pending requests from both clans

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Zipperelli. posted:

:same:

Edit: terrible page snipe, so have a pic of my lovely titan playing fashionista

I like this look. It looks like you bedazzled a welder's mask for the helmet like you're wearing it to prom. Then you realized you needed snazzy shoulders so you rigged up two trash can lids to complete the look.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Something probably needs done about clans and Quickplay, though. Probably can't outright ban clans from playing that mode, but maybe only match clans with clans?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So it's only the three classes you get? We lost Blademaster and whatever goofy names void titans and fire warlocks get?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

No, every class has all three subclasses but you have to unlock the others

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
The only one that's really lost is sunsinger. Bladedancer just got their knife upgraded to a pole and defenders still have their bubble if they for some weird reason don't want to be Captain America.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kilometers Davis posted:

I love how in one area of Titan you can see a huge sea serpent in the water. It absolutely has to be something more than a little Easter egg.

There's also an investigation object where Ghost says sonar is picking something huge moving around underwater.

Zipperelli. posted:

I'm like 99% sure it's the raid.

If you look at the achievements you can get on the bone, one of them says to complete the "Leviathan" raid.

The raid is going to have something to do with the Cabal and the "on the comms" exotic quest. The Titan thing is either a neat bit of fluff or something that will be expanded on much later.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Wouldn't a huge sea serpent be an ahamkara

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

Same. But 4 Alpha Lupi's.

In your professional opinion, What's the meta? I assume you've been playing pvp non stop since the hot tub party ended?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So is there a reason beyond fashion to use a set of gear such as the woodland stuff from the EDZ? I've just gone with stuff that looks cool, modded it to be suitable for my abilities and gone from there. Can't tell if there's a mechanic I'm missing on that front.

Secondly, what - if any - progress is shared between characters?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

poptart_fairy posted:

So is there a reason beyond fashion to use a set of gear such as the woodland stuff from the EDZ? I've just gone with stuff that looks cool, modded it to be suitable for my abilities and gone from there. Can't tell if there's a mechanic I'm missing on that front.

Secondly, what - if any - progress is shared between characters?

So far the only "set" effects I've seen have been on weapons - usually an exotic/legendary pairing that has some hidden effects. Mida Multi-Tool and Mida Mini-Tool, for example, give you a big mobility and reload speed boost if you use them together.

For progress between characters, most of it is in terms of gear - you can freely share exotics between characters, and your light level on one character will also pump up the level of engrams you get on alts.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

VanillaGorilla posted:

So far the only "set" effects I've seen have been on weapons - usually an exotic/legendary pairing that has some hidden effects. Mida Multi-Tool and Mida Mini-Tool, for example, give you a big mobility and reload speed boost if you use them together.

For progress between characters, most of it is in terms of gear - you can freely share exotics between characters, and your light level on one character will also pump up the level of engrams you get on alts.

Nice and simple, cheers. :)

This has grabbed me in a way that the first game didn't. I'm still struggling to get to grips with the Crucible's pace, and that world map loving exploded with new stuff when I finished the campaign, but there's a great eb and flow.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The frame rate on my Xbone kinda takes a dive during really heavy public events (particularly the "stand in a small circle" type). bummer

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

poptart_fairy posted:

Nice and simple, cheers. :)

This has grabbed me in a way that the first game didn't. I'm still struggling to get to grips with the Crucible's pace, and that world map loving exploded with new stuff when I finished the campaign, but there's a great eb and flow.

Reputation currencies also appear to be account wide, which I didn't know and is pretty nice.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

AndrewP posted:

The frame rate on my Xbone kinda takes a dive during really heavy public events (particularly the "stand in a small circle" type). bummer

The only time I've seen the game really take a poo poo performance-wise is when someone triggered the heroic version of the Titan witch's ritual event and at least two nightstalkers immediately tethered the boss and a dozen thralls right in front of me (on PS4).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I hope Xur isn't too expensive since we now get legendary marks fairly easy. Unlocked Mida last night but I was too tired to use it. Scouts are my loving jam tho and I never had this in D1.

I seem to only get helmets from my engrams - I got 3 warlock helms (some Minotaur one that boosts void energy, ahamkara and the cool glass dome of smoke that boosts all 3 cooldowns). At least lately. Earlier I got some slippers that make rifts reload your weapons automatically.

I wonder if you could use em to just blast into something non-stop. Haven't tested yet. I need to boost em as well since I took that shot a couple days ago.

Check this amazing auto rifle - it's like a goddamn laser that doesn't move. It's probably going to eat all my ARs and doesn't even show up in the app.

The range is nuts on this goddamn thing too!