Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Godholio posted:

HDMI extender?

Edit: Honestly this is a problem I'd never even thought of. Gonna be a consideration when I shop for wall mounts.

Yeah I'm gonna probably do that. The Roku stick is abnormally long though so it may not impact you. But just in case I would get a TV mount that you can extend off of the wall instead of one that sits relatively flush like mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Yeah I'm gonna probably do that. The Roku stick is abnormally long though so it may not impact you. But just in case I would get a TV mount that you can extend off of the wall instead of one that sits relatively flush like mine.

i had the same problem, hdmi extender from monoprice did the trick

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
I use these for wall mount tv stuff https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E1MA1H...la-307434138906

90° adapter so it sits flush with the tv

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

I didn't think it was possible but I broke a entire set of cleaning rods on a old springfield 15 .22 bolt action rifle my dad has.
It took 2 hours of wd-40, breakfree, hoppes cleaning fluid, compressed air, a loving bench vise & a hammer tapping the stock to get through all that built up dried out layers & layers of carbon.

How that goddamn rifle didn't blow up on him, I have no clue.

Get some real gun cleaning products. WD40 is loving garbage.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Mad Dragon posted:

And use bore snakes

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Bore snakes are awesome.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
BoJack Season 4 is really loving dark at times.

Jesus.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Jesus.

The the whole storyline with Bojack's mom really went places. Final scene in the season wasn't too unexpected but we'll see how it goes next year.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Naked Bear posted:

Bore snakes are awesome.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Syrian Lannister posted:

And use bore snakes

Mad Dragon posted:

Agreed, I have bore snakes & way better gun cleaning products, that 40+ year old rifle barrel was just impervious to them.

You bitches have no idea how bad that barrel was clogged up. The .22 bore snake weight went down 3 inches chamber side, and then...no movement.
Barrel side, cleaning rods could could go down 14 inches (like your mom) then jammed up (again like your mom).
Looking through the barrel there was 1/2 the diameter of light going through than should have been.

I agree WD-40 is poo poo, used it as lubricant/visual aid with the air compressor blowing down the barrel to knock free clogged up carbon after each vise + cleaning rods + hammer attempt.
Once I went through that whole routine a dozen times or so, a .22 bore snake had no problems going through.

The only reason that rifle didn't die/explode on my dad was because a) he has dumbass old-man luck and b) that was his dedicated .22 birdshot rifle for killing woodpeckers.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

gently caress looking for apartments in Munich

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

THEY HAVE BACON PANCKAKES TODAY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjxAAezqJZQ

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

When should I put fall fertilizer down on my lawn? Farmers Almanac says the first freeze for my area is after the first week of October. Some places say 6 weeks before that, others say to wait until the grass stops growing and it's not there yet.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
who likes building miniatures

this is for you

https://twitter.com/sorakio

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Holy poo poo the pilots face when he sees the cat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_8mdH20qTQ

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ok isn't WD40 like the last thing to use as a lubricant or are that many people just using it wrong. Don't get me wrong it has great uses

Asking for a friend

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ok isn't WD40 like the last thing to use as a lubricant or are that many people just using it wrong. Don't get me wrong it has great uses

Asking for a friend

Are we still talking about guns or...

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Asking for a friend

WD40 is stil made of petroleum distillates, but it's primary job is mitigating moisture, not lubrication.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Fabricy wings or hard shell wings, all styles of ultralite planes rock.
Being in one is like flying in a lawn chair.

I will be ground zero in admitting wd-40 stupidity. Sadly I didn't think of using something more stupid at the time. Now thinking back about cleaning that old rear end rifle I cared zero about,
what could have I used instead. Twenty seconds of thought and
-power washer
-steam
-homemade wine
-?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Jesus.

I still have an episode to go, but yeah, it feels like we haven't plumbed the depths of this series yet.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

Fabricy wings or hard shell wings, all styles of ultralite planes rock.
Being in one is like flying in a lawn chair.

I will be ground zero in admitting wd-40 stupidity. Sadly I didn't think of using something more stupid at the time. Now thinking back about cleaning that old rear end rifle I cared zero about,
what could have I used instead. Twenty seconds of thought and
-power washer
-steam
-homemade wine
-?

Pee-pee.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Watching Seth McFarlane's newest show- The Orville. I recently rewatched Star Trek: TNG, and this show is hitting some good notes reminiscent of that show so far.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Asking for a friend

Yes. It's not great as a lubricant because it breaks down and what's left grabs dust and grit. Graphite and white lithium grease are good lube options for 95% of everything. PB Blaster or Kroil are vastly better at loosening stuck things.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Just had one of those weekends with my son where I wish the navy would just call me up and send me far far away for awhile. A seven year old shouldn't be hitting his mom but he's got diagnosed issues.

Ah well. Nobody said being a parent was gonna be easy.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Deathy McDeath posted:

I still have an episode to go, but yeah, it feels like we haven't plumbed the depths of this series yet.

Just finished the season. It was good.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

LingcodKilla posted:

Just had one of those weekends with my son where I wish the navy would just call me up and send me far far away for awhile. A seven year old shouldn't be hitting his mom but he's got diagnosed issues.

My parents beat the gently caress out of me, have you tried that yet?

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

tastefully arranged labia posted:

The the whole storyline with Bojack's mom really went places. Final scene in the season wasn't too unexpected but we'll see how it goes next year.

I was pleasantly surprised, actually. Given that seasons usually end with Bojack ruining his life and relationships, this was super optimistic. Since Holly isn't actually related to Bojack's mom, she probably doesn't have hereditary dementia in her future. Bojack made a real and fairly successful effort to be a better friend to the people around him. He passes on the long-planned opportunity to flip his ailing mother off, and comforts her as she closes in on the end. And after failing to be a good father figure to Holly, he just might be a decent brother. Bojack doesn't usually get to be happy.

On the other hand, almost everybody else gets to eat the usual season-ender poo poo sandwich.

Also, holy poo poo at "I've got half a mind to kiss you," "Well, you can keep that half." Goddamn, that made me laugh afterward.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

Yikes

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Leave in the morning for 10 weeks in Atlanta. I hope I'm the only dumbass driving into hurricane irma cause I don't wanna deal with traffic on top of the weather.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I pinched a pressure point in his shoulder when he was repeatedly flailing on his mom and he screamed at me for like 30 minutes to stay away from him while he kept on trying to smack his mom.

What the gently caress? I don't want cpa on my rear end. Really hoping therapy helps.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Yeah man you gotta watch out for those CPAs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNufraBrXGs

:haw:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

The Rat posted:

Yeah man you gotta watch out for those CPAs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNufraBrXGs

:haw:

Heh

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

What the gently caress? I don't want cpa on my rear end. Really hoping therapy helps.

Yeah, drat man, that all sounds nerve wracking; hope it all works out for you.

Not trying to play therapist here: is this new sudden behavior? Environment change? Slow progression to the current severity?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Yeah, drat man, that all sounds nerve wracking; hope it all works out for you.

Not trying to play therapist here: is this new sudden behavior? Environment change? Slow progression to the current severity?

It's not sudden. He is not on the spectrum either. It's been diagnosed as ODD and some sensory issues. The new school year could be part of the problem this weekend but it's been a smoldering fuse for about two years right now. We got a lot of family support (manly my mother in law is a retired special ed teacher and lives next door) so it's not as bad as it could be.

Also bringing coffee and wine to your kid's school teachers is almost as good as having a 504 plan but now we got both!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Star Trek II is a great flick.

The remastered director's cut being shown in theaters this week is better.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Godholio posted:

Star Trek II is a great flick.

The remastered director's cut being shown in theaters this week is better.

How did I not know this was a thing? I hope it's still playing this weekend.

Saw the rerelease of Close Encounters last weekend on the big screen. Goddamn, that film holds up well. To keep from dying of boredom at the NCO Academy, I've been trying to subtly work lines of dialog from sci fi films into my speeches and papers. The only way I can keep myself occupied is by adding self-imposed challenges.

Sadly, nobody in my class got the reference for "This means something! This is important!"

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Today and I think the 13th. I'm seriously thinking about going again. There's about 15 minutes of added footage I guess. A couple of new exterior shots between scenes, and several conversations had just a few lines re-added. McCoy making GBS threads on Spock about Genesis in Kirk's quarters has a much better pace now, for example. I was surprised how good a lot of the exteriors looked...they didn't update the VFX but the digital remaster did wonders for the straight-up ship shots and the nebula chase scene. You can really pick out the aztec paneling and colors.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
New Rick and Morty was good

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Sling TV update: I upgraded to get NFL Redzone. Now I don't have ESPN or any other ESPN channels, which I watch Gator football games on. I have to downgrade to get ESPN, which means I lose NFL Redzone.

Maybe I'm wrong and not reading the packages correctly though. But if I'm right this is stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I've got a OTA HD antenna for football and will subscribe to Vue once the NBA season kicks off.

• Locked thread