Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Modest Mao posted:

is this one real

The fact that you had to ask is more important than the answer to your question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

coming soon to the jacobin: "calm down libs, it's actually good that the cia has an aryans-only policy now"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Yeah, Jacobin is well known for supporting the surveillance state and the CIA.

gently caress off, Hamprince.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Jacobin is the second best magazine after teen vogue

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Fallen Hamprince posted:

coming soon to the jacobin: "calm down libs, it's actually good that the cia has an aryans-only policy now"

Well, if it leads to the complete destruction of the CIA, this might technically be true.

Because seriously, the CIA must be destroyed.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

AMERICA must be destroyed

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Blue Train posted:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Blue Train posted:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Blue Train posted:

ah yes, teen vogue, the magazine that had an article about "digital blackface"

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Has someone been slipping you copies of National Review with "JACOBIN" written in crayon on a piece of paper taped over the title?

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

get that OUT of my face posted:

I've never read a teen vogue article, but that's absolutely a thing.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

apokaladle posted:

I've never read a teen vogue article, but that's absolutely a thing.

Care to elaborate? I've never heard the term before

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

please, i beg you, do not elaborate

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Dreddout posted:

Care to elaborate? I've never heard the term before

It's a little hard to describe. Sometimes you'll see white people online very specifically using gifs of black people that are perceived as especially sassy or otherwise heightened emotionally, in contexts where it lends them a certain legitimacy. It's nothing to do with some claim that only black people can post gifs of black people, before someone decides to post that.

It's not uncommon among white Twitter liberals when attacking leftists, especially when claiming to be more inclusive and less discriminatory, and is actually a pretty decent example of the thread topic. Kneejerk mockery of the very concept because someone's decided it sounds ridiculous, on the other hand, isn't the best look.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Blue Train posted:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

apokaladle posted:

It's a little hard to describe. Sometimes you'll see white people online very specifically using gifs of black people that are perceived as especially sassy or otherwise heightened emotionally, in contexts where it lends them a certain legitimacy. It's nothing to do with some claim that only black people can post gifs of black people, before someone decides to post that.

It's not uncommon among white Twitter liberals when attacking leftists, especially when claiming to be more inclusive and less discriminatory, and is actually a pretty decent example of the thread topic. Kneejerk mockery of the very concept because someone's decided it sounds ridiculous, on the other hand, isn't the best look.

hm

nah

that's some really fuckin dumb poo poo there mate

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I don't intuitively feel like black reaction images are a big deal, but on the other hand the people who use them are always obnoxious so I'm fine with them getting arrested by the PC Police.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I should say black reaction GIFs because they're always animated for some reason.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I mean this is the kind of thing that ends in negromancer internet paper bag tests to determine who is authorised to use the correct gifs

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
It's the internet equivalent of the suburban white kid who gets really excited to use the cool new "urban" slang they just learned. It's not the end of the world, but it's obnoxious and it's a thing.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the tgrs mod exclusively uses them which is quite... suspicious

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the tgrs mod exclusively uses them which is quite... suspicious

I feel like there's a pretty obvious distinction you're missing.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
:thunk:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Inescapable Duck posted:

I mean this is the kind of thing that ends in negromancer internet paper bag tests to determine who is authorised to use the correct gifs

Remember when negromancer defended Hilary's superpredators speech by arguing that it was actually true

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I mean we just went through all this rules of internet cultural race etiquette poo poo and it backfired completely in the worst possible ways, what makes anyone think this is any different

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

first they came for the ATRL posters

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Inescapable Duck posted:

hm

nah

dont sign ur posts

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

420 Gank Mid posted:

Has someone been slipping you copies of National Review with "JACOBIN" written in crayon on a piece of paper taped over the title?

That's what Jacobin is, yes.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Peanut President posted:

That's what Jacobin is, yes.

The hot take thread is thattaway

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Crane Fist posted:

Remember when negromancer defended Hilary's superpredators speech by arguing that it was actually true

is this the dude that argued that black men were athletically superior to white men due to centuries of being bred like horses via slavery or is that someone else from the #woke brigade

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
no negromancer is the guy that sad obama wasn't black

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Inescapable Duck posted:

hm

nah

YOU TELL HIM, GIRLFRIEND 👏🏿

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

apokaladle posted:

:thunk:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

apokaladle posted:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
love to overthrow governments with my diverse group of coworkers.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

rudatron posted:

no negromancer is the guy that sad obama wasn't black

everyone knows bill clinton was our first black president anyway

which is why hillary is allowed to say the n word at home and post gifs of sassy black folks

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

love to overthrow governments with my diverse group of coworkers.

it takes a village to subvert a democracy

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

get that OUT of my face posted:

as opposed to jacobin, which ran a (very well-timed) 'cop unions r unions 2 guys'

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

as opposed to jacobin, which ran a (very well-timed) 'cop unions r unions 2 guys'

Hamprince you dolt you fell for a photoshop a goon made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Grondoth posted:

Hamprince you dolt you fell for a photoshop a goon made

this is why we need verrit