Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Jack Del Huevos posted:

Yes, he streamed from his hotel room in Naples, FL but went to bed early because he was going to have a big day today.

:pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

radical meme posted:

I guess but, haven't they known about Irma for a full week now, at least?

idk how long it takes to take down cranes but I bet the cost of taking them down outweighed the chances of irma hitting until it was too late

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

lmao

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
big week coming up! *is killed by a crane*

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

hahah loving rekt bitch!

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

Boy, is that embarrassing when you consider how bad poo poo is getting there.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Crane don't kill people people do

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Filthy Hans posted:

what Consummate Professional failed to mention is that Eric Boller's son committed suicide, it's not like he had leukemia or something it was just sadbrains

Sadbrains can be pretty bad poo poo.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CBSSunday/status/906882516816199681

lmao Romneyesque

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

logikv9 posted:

big week coming up! *is killed by a crane*

quote:

Thomas Barth, owner of Barth Crane Inspections and an expert in crane accidents, says there is no way that the cranes in Miami should have been left where they are. He faults shortsighted project developers hoping their work sites will make it through the storm unscathed.
"This is my personal opinion - it's a great expense to take those down. They're trying to save a penny," he says. "They'd have to shut the job down far before the storm."
'Effectively a laboratory'
Mr Barth warns that the cost of the damage done by a crane collapse would far surpass the cost of shutting down a work site, to say nothing of the potential loss of life.
"It can cause a lot of damage - millions of dollars of damage if it falls into the buildings next to it," he says. "The people in the buildings - they could be crushed."
The city claims they simply ran out of time, and that tower cranes can take up to two weeks to take down. Barth argues there are other options, like dismantling the arm and leaving the tower in place.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

romney gave a speech tho

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
sure I'll take down the crane... for money

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Filthy Hans posted:

what Consummate Professional failed to mention is that Eric Boller's son committed suicide, it's not like he had leukemia or something it was just sadbrains

cool post

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

freckle posted:

romney gave a speech tho

Romney showed up in person to concede and thank his campaign staff.

Also didn't wait until 2AM in the morning to concede the election

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQruYgVP2SY

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Business Gorillas posted:

bringing up corbyn was more of a "pundits are bad" point than a "the government should regulate media" one, but ok

edit: oh boy i hope that government regulation of the media doesn't turn us into a right wing reactionary shithole!!!

too late :shrug:

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Filthy Hans posted:

'Sadbrains' isn't so fun when you're already depressed and then the news is blowing up with headlines about how your dad showed his gross dick to anyone and everyone with a cellphone.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

The Cranes Are Flying is a classic of Russian cinema and soon to be a classic in Miami as well

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

etalian posted:

His campaign also cut off the campaign credit cards before staff left the election night rally

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

etalian posted:

That was honestly a pretty classy election I guess.
You know except for the benghazi smirk.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
daydrunk crew reporting in

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ps wtf time is it and why am i awake at this unsatanly hour

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
an app that tells you if you're about to be crushed by cranes

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Naerasa posted:

'Sadbrains' isn't so fun when you're already depressed and then the news is blowing up with headlines about how your dad showed his gross dick to anyone and everyone with a cellphone.

it aint so fun when you aint got a dad either :smith:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

logikv9 posted:

only if its artisinal and connected to my wifi enabled crane shield

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

That BBC article I posted is full of interesting stuff, like the fact that there are 59 new high rise condo communities being built in Miami. I mean what the hell, do none of these people think that maybe, just maybe their might be something to this climate change stuff.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

logikv9 posted:

stop doxxing merrys new dating app!!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

radical meme posted:

That BBC article I posted is full of interesting stuff, like the fact that there are 59 new high rise condo communities being built in Miami. I mean what the hell, do none of these people think that maybe, just maybe their might be something to this climate change stuff.

actually This Won't Happen To Me

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

it aint so fun when you aint got a dad either :smith:

If you don't have a dad but someone claiming to be your dad is out there showing people pictures of his dick, thats insanely hosed up and I don't blame you for being depressed about it.

But in all seriousness, yeah you don't need a dickdad to be depressed. Really don't need a reason at all, that's the whole gimmick.

Still, the 24/7 news cycle focusing on your dad's old dick n' balls is probably enough to push you over the edge if you're already teetering.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

radical meme posted:

Does Miami have bedrock that they build on? What's the geological situation there?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm sure Sean Hannity will determine that Chase Bolling was killed by Hillary Clinton, and inflict weeks of extra pain on the Bolling family by continuing to report on his conspiracy theory.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Naerasa posted:

If you don't have a dad but someone claiming to be your dad is out there showing people pictures of his dick, thats insanely hosed up and I don't blame you for being depressed about it.

But in all seriousness, yeah you don't need a dickdad to be depressed. Really don't need a reason at all, that's the whole gimmick.

Still, the 24/7 news cycle focusing on your dad's old dick n' balls is probably enough to push you over the edge if you're already teetering.

i have a comfortable middle class life and a super hot spouse and no history of abuse or trauma but despite that im a sadbrain who routinely cannot summon the energy to do everyday things like get out of bed before noon despite being up by 8 or brush my teeth or shower and lol what the gently caress do you mean by leave the house thats like a week of effort gently caress you i will sit here and shitpost or watch youtube

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

fwiw overdosing isn't just a suicide thing, it could have been entirely accidental because he wanted to escape from the news and went too far

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

radical meme posted:

no it is naked capitalism

land is cheaper

just build the building, that has a similar cost where ever you do it

get your money back and then some after a few years, or insure it to get the rest back in case of accident

oh look poo poo got destroyed

I guess land is cheaper again

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

prefect posted:

Does Miami have bedrock that they build on? What's the geological situation there?

nothing but sand

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

logikv9 posted:

disruption of the crane death business model

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

prefect posted:

Layers of discarded food from Disney glued together by the ink from nightclub handstamps.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Tesseraction posted:

fwiw overdosing isn't just a suicide thing, it could have been entirely accidental because he wanted to escape from the news and went too far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Miami is an aberration

• Locked thread