Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/dwighthoward/status/906607823987073024

Alpha mentality workout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

That workout is not too different from how Houdini died.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Spacebump posted:

That workout is not too different from how Houdini died.

More concerned about the height difference. If she slips and throws a punch at a more natural angle, he's getting it right in the nards.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dejan Bimble posted:

https://theathletic.com/95510/2017/09/08/how-will-lauri-markkanens-success-translate-to-the-nba
A nice little piece about Lauri Markkanen

The more you waste your life paying attention to sports, the more you realize that the balance of GMs in football and basketball are more concerned with emptying rosters of players they didn't draft/sign and making sure they are responsible for the transaction netting every man on the roster. Their insecurity results in a large amount of sub optimal transactions.

It puts them above bad GMs who are simply bad, but below GMs who manage by retaining talented players and acquiring players at below market rates

The way people are reacting to Markkanen's Eurobasket play is starting to make me think that East Coast Bias is real. He did all this poo poo in college. I get that Arizona plays late even by west coast sports standards but yeesh.

Also, agreed, GM who has to make sure all the players are "his" is infuriating.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

Do you guys think that Michael Porter will be the first Irish Republican Army commando to be selected first overall in the NBA draft?
nope

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Dejan, I want your drugs.

dejan is high on life

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/906316783317082113

go blazers go

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I keep forgetting Dwight Howard is on the Hornets now.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wish I could go to this garage sale.
https://twitter.com/Giannis_An34/status/906640188037885957

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Anyone want a lightly used Jabari Parker?

Also it's a bit expensive but still quality authentic Australian back up point guard Delladova

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

I've seen this in gyms before, it looks dumb but you do it as an exercise to practice keeping your abs tight while getting hit. You're usually going light on body hooks unless your coach is an idiot.

Or if you're Dwight you do it to impress the next seventeen year old girl you want to have a baby with, who knows.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

always good to see dwight interacting with rockets fans

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

While Ira Newble was a proud óglaigh of the Derry Brigade of the Irish Republican Army, he was undrafted, so I believe Michael Porter may still be the first IRA commando to be selected first overall.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Dejan help me out here, I feel this is commentary on the modern state of Europe but I can't summarize it in words

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

WhyteRyce posted:

Dejan help me out here, I feel this is commentary on the modern state of Europe but I can't summarize it in words

lithuania was the last holdout of baltic paganism and is also the last holdout of powerful post play, eventually and invariably falling to the doctrinaire and more numerous christians/three-point shooting teams.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

https://twitter.com/UniWatch/status/895669243265470464/photo/1

The stripes on the new Wolves uniforms don't continue to the arm holes, and look low-rent as a result

its not great but i do think its a slight improvement over the drab rear end unis of last year

Lockback posted:

I keep forgetting Dwight Howard is on the Hornets now.

I wish it wasn't real ;~;

e: speaking of jerseys, I knew it was rumored but the honest to god GOAT of all uniforms, The Hornets Pinstripe will be in full effect this year. GOD drat I CANT WAIT TO SEE THEM AGAIN!! im so hard right now

also i am interested in hearing any objections to the above opinion: basketball thread, what is the goat uniform design

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Sep 10, 2017

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

boxcarhobo posted:

its not great but i do think its a slight improvement over the drab rear end unis of last year

I wish it wasn't real ;~;

e: speaking of jerseys, I knew it was rumored but the honest to god GOAT of all uniforms, The Hornets Pinstripe will be in full effect this year. GOD drat I CANT WAIT TO SEE THEM AGAIN!! im so hard right now

also i am interested in hearing any objections to the above opinion: basketball thread, what is the goat uniform design

I'm of course partial to the classic Celtics uni and then these, probably in order, maybe not

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

boxcarhobo posted:

I'm biased but I love the original '68 Suns jersey

I also like the old GSW jersey

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/MormonGekko/status/906486323309158400

Oh Terry :allears:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Dejan Bimble posted:

While Ira Newble was a proud óglaigh of the Derry Brigade of the Irish Republican Army, he was undrafted, so I believe Michael Porter may still be the first IRA commando to be selected first overall.

:madmax:

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
suns had good jerseys for a long time. up until the 2000s, i'd say. i like late 80s early 90s cavs, but NOT late mid 90s "splash" cavs UNLESS i could get a terrell brandon jersey

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

chunkles posted:

lithuania was the last holdout of baltic paganism and is also the last holdout of powerful post play, eventually and invariably falling to the doctrinaire and more numerous christians/three-point shooting teams.

Baltic paganism.....weren't they the ones with Grateful Dead uni's?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Mr. Mambold posted:

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

chunkles posted:

That's correct and I would add that in the days of King Gustav of Sweden, the Finns rode tiny ponies with birch bark reigns and their feet would almost scrape the ground. They were known for berserk savagery as light cavalry and had a reputation across the continent. This is why the first Finn to make the All star game will be Lauri Markannen and he proves that Rick is the best NBA scout as long as you excise the undersized pass first pgs from his reports.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dejan Bimble posted:

That's correct and I would add that in the days of King Gustav of Sweden, the Finns rode tiny ponies with birch bark reigns and their feet would almost scrape the ground. They were known for berserk savagery as light cavalry and had a reputation across the continent. This is why the first Finn to make the All star game will be Lauri Markannen and he proves that Rick is the best NBA scout as long as you excise the undersized pass first pgs from his reports.

Always Believe Rick

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

commas are the new mid range jumpers of SAS

BWV fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Sep 10, 2017

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Mr. Mambold posted:

I'll be there for you
When the shots start to fall
I'll be there for you
Like a point guard with the ball
I'll be there for you
'Cause you're there for me too

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
GOAT NBA jerseys: 80s rainbow Nuggets and
90s Suns

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I like the pinstripe Raps jerseys with the cartoon Dino on it too

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I like the one with the little man

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

verbal enema posted:

I like the one with the little man

So... the Cavs?

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Good thing she isn't punching his back.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Dwight is really weird for me because there's something kind of endearing about how he never, literally ever, stops smiling.

But on the other hand, I find it really loving annoying.

Honestly, in this situation, it's pretty obvious I'm the rear end in a top hat.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

NickRoweFillea posted:

I like the pinstripe Raps jerseys with the cartoon Dino on it too

They need to bring back the purple dinosaurs.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Dwight is really weird for me because there's something kind of endearing about how he never, literally ever, stops smiling.

I find it hard to dislike someone who's hated by Lakers and rockets fans

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Well at least you're not preaching ultraconservative religious morality while impregnating half the teenage population of Florida.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
if i was a physically strong enormous rich man id be smiling all the time too

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://www.instagram.com/p/BY2IsBZnbRn/

:unsmith:

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Well at least you're not preaching ultraconservative religious morality while impregnating half the teenage population of Florida.

What's Karl Malone got to do with this? (It's a reach, but I'm not from the US so as far as I'm concerned Florida is wherever the hell ever, USA.)

Does KG actually #burythehatchett? He seems like the kind of person to hold a grudge.

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Sep 10, 2017

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

What's Karl Malone got to do with this? (It's a reach, but I'm not from the US so as far as I'm concerned Florida is wherever the hell ever, USA.)

Lol :)

I don't think Malone was that much of a Bible Thumper; he's more of a gun nut conservative.

Dwight really played up the Evangelical Christianity when he first came into the league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

So with T-Mac getting into the Hall of Fame, I'm wondering who gets into the Hair of Fame.

Thinking His Hairness and Frobe are first ballot, tbh, along with Ben Wallace circa 04, as well as Kawhi and his rows long past their sell-by date.

Edit: I left out Chris Kaman, but he's only a Hair of Famer for his anti-hairness. It's a conundrum. I guess we could throw in Manu's bald spot as well, since it's been growing since he was 14.

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Sep 10, 2017

• Locked thread