Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

It was originally a Wii U release that never got a solid release date until it got pushed back enough to being a Switch/Wii U release. Twilight Princess may have started this trend for console Zeldas since it was just Gamecube until Nintendo pushed the release back into being a joint Wii release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Improbable Lobster posted:

A new Metroid Prime is in the works

And pretty much everyone expects that new 3DS Metroid to end up on the Switch at some point.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

njsykora posted:

And pretty much everyone expects that new 3DS Metroid to end up on the Switch at some point.

Nobody expects this

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Real hurthling! posted:

Nobody expects this

Every time I've heard games press on podcasts talk about it they've said it's almost certainly going to end up filling a release gap on the Switch at some point.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Real hurthling! posted:

Smw is a mark of shame that nintendo is intent on hiding

Super Mario World? In one of the couch chat threads a few months back, almost everyone put that one as their favorite. Not my favorite personally, but it seemed to be the majority by far.
If you mean 3D World I'd say that statement is even more wrong-as-poo poo.

njsykora posted:

Every time I've heard games press on podcasts talk about it they've said it's almost certainly going to end up filling a release gap on the Switch at some point.

Oh well if a guy said it on a podcast...

raditts fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Sep 10, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

raditts posted:

Super Mario World? In one of the couch chat threads a few months back, almost everyone put that one as their favorite. Not my favorite personally, but it seemed to be the majority by far.

:thejoke:

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Now you’ve done it and Dr. Tim Whatley is going to come in here again and bitch about the lack of super MARIO world on his switch.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

njsykora posted:

And yet Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is never gonna be on Switch

There's no justice in this world

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

njsykora posted:

That's not exactly the best predictor tbh. Games press gets things wrong a lot.

It's not like Nintendo can't, but it's a 3DS game and so far we haven't seen any 3DS games come out for Switch. If it does, it'll probably come out a year or two after the 3DS is officially dead. While possible, I wouldn't put this idea as very likely.

Also seriously, if Nintendo puts out the Metroid game on Switch but not the latest Pokemon games when we are currently waiting for both, then wtf.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

To remind people that Mario is super popular outside of typical gamer circles Universal Studios is making a literal theme park dedicated to the Mushroom Kingdom. If you think you'll find a Switch easy after October 27th :lol:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Macaluso posted:

I don't think Nintendo is known for delaying things? They don't do that that often, they just don't officially typically announce poo poo until it's almost done

Metroid Prime 4 may be the first time I've ever seen Nintendo plug something before they were like 89% finished.

They are a ludicrously conservative company.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Metroid Prime 4 may be the first time I've ever seen Nintendo plug something before they were like 89% finished.

They are a ludicrously conservative company.

Did you never read an n64 era nintendo power? Months and months of hype for games that never came out

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Real hurthling! posted:

Did you never read an n64 era nintendo power? Months and months of hype for games that never came out

I really want to read that 5-page Nintendo Power spread on the Austin Powers Game Boy Color games that was mentioned in the general chat thread. Maybe someone in the Nintendo thread has a lead

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Real hurthling! posted:

Can't wait for Project H.A.M.M.E.R.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Improbable Lobster posted:

Can't wait for Earthbound 64

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Waltzing Along posted:

I went to a Target and a Wal-mart across the street from each other and they both had a number on the shelf. I'd say 15 between the two stores.

Just reiterating that if you want one, Target seems to be the place to go. I just got one this morning and they had at least 7-8 more on the shelf, and possibly more in the back (the display case was totally full). I asked the guy about them and he said they've had them in stock continually for like 2 weeks.

Also it's the cheapest place to get one, because you get 5% off it if you have a Red Card, which you should do because it's free if you get the debit card version. Or get the credit card I guess as long as you pay it off immediately, the interest rate on it is terrible.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I really want to read that 5-page Nintendo Power spread on the Austin Powers Game Boy Color games that was mentioned in the general chat thread. Maybe someone in the Nintendo thread has a lead

Lol I remember reading about those lovely game computer os games, shame I dumped my archive

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Ventana posted:

It's not like Nintendo can't, but it's a 3DS game and so far we haven't seen any 3DS games come out for Switch....

Monster Hunter XX is 3rd party but it's definitely a port of a 3DS game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is it this guy

Switch availability spiked a bit when Mario Kart 8 dropped. I imagine the release of a new Mario game will mean a bunch more consoles and bundles on the shelves

Actually, the guy looked like a college age clone of John Carmack in a leather jacket.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Now you’ve done it and Dr. Tim Whatley is going to come in here again and bitch about the lack of super MARIO world on his switch.

Smw when

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I mean like. Having a virtual console ready by now would've been cool.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

The priority list should be pretty clear, with top priority items being (in no order)

1. Virtual console
2. Bluetooth headset capability and text chat system
3. Streaming services related to gaming, like twitch, afreeca and YouTube but not Netflix or amazon etc
4. Online services, misc
5. Themes to make the switch seem like a Nintendo device instead of generic tablet

There's a lot more I'm not even thinking of so anything at this next direct beyond game announcements or stability would be great

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

XyrlocShammypants posted:

The priority list should be pretty clear, with top priority items being (in no order)

1. Virtual console
2. Bluetooth headset capability and text chat system
3. Streaming services related to gaming, like twitch, afreeca and YouTube but not Netflix or amazon etc
4. Online services, misc
5. Themes to make the switch seem like a Nintendo device instead of generic tablet

There's a lot more I'm not even thinking of so anything at this next direct beyond game announcements or stability would be great

#1 should be non garbage tier voice chat in online games with a party system.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Spacebump posted:

Yea that's all in #2 there for sure

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

1. Donkey Kong Country Returns 3
2. Smash Bros featuring Shovel Knight

3. all that other poo poo

Fixed that for you

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

1. Atomic Purple see-through casing
2-5. Who cares

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Spacebump posted:

P sure #1 should be cloud saves.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Don't worry guys, #1 on their end is probably a theme shop.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Mister Facetious posted:

Purple poo poo my dude

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1612395066/nintendo-switch-replacement-shell-atomic-purple

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

squidgee posted:

P sure #1 should be cloud saves.

Yea cloud saves is what I was forgetting, drat they have a lot of very basic poo poo to get out

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Macaluso posted:

BOTW was delayed? :confused:

Also I said "not that often".

Yeah it was supposed to come out like year 1 of the Wii-U's lifecycle.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Yeah it was supposed to come out like year 1 of the Wii-U's lifecycle.

Given the scope of the game, it's not hard to see why it kept getting pushed back though. This isn't exactly Duke Nukem Forever.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Nintendo rarely (never?) gives a launch day and then pushes it back. It's releasing on Oct 27.

Smash Bros. Brawl like twice

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
they never had a set release date for botw so it was only really delayed internally.

mario is coming out october 27th and my amazon preorder is not giving me a delivery estimate which is making me worry they've gone over with pre-orders and amazon might delay it. might end up going with another store if it stays this way closer to release. i mean even my snes classic preorder as a loving delivery estimate.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

So Nintendo has the website up for Skyrim so modulate your excitement to the release date announcement for that TURD instead of something good and interesting

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Vikar Jerome posted:

they never had a set release date for botw so it was only really delayed internally.

mario is coming out october 27th and my amazon preorder is not giving me a delivery estimate which is making me worry they've gone over with pre-orders and amazon might delay it. might end up going with another store if it stays this way closer to release. i mean even my snes classic preorder as a loving delivery estimate.

Best Buy has $10 back in gift certificate for even the digital copy which is super rare, if you end up changing your order

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I wouldn't mind Switch Skyrim, but it's the same game I've played a bunch of times in the last few years and the mods are what injects replayability into it, which is why I put so much time into it on PC.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Real hurthling! posted:

Okay well it's STILL the first time I've seen, but no, I never have read a game magazine.

But still, I'll eat a pineapple pizza if Odyssey isn't released on 10/27/17.

:toxx:

DeusExIgnis
Aug 21, 2014

Here's my hot take: Super Mario World is mediocre for a Mario game, and SMB3 was much more innovative.

So really, it should be SMB3 when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Meldonox posted:

I wouldn't mind Switch Skyrim, but it's the same game I've played a bunch of times in the last few years and the mods are what injects replayability into it, which is why I put so much time into it on PC.

60 dollars with no mods they can get straight hosed

• Locked thread