Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Oh and while I'm in a Warframe mood:

How'd Oberon Rework The Sequel pan out? Is he still aggressively mediocre in every way? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Pretty good, can give the team a bunch of armor now, and has some really good health regen for the team.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Decided to try this game, chose Excalibur, skana, kunai, and Paris. Just stealthing around the missions to get rid of my spinal tap solo. How fast do people expect you to run missions when grouped? I've been exploring all the nooks and crannies looking for lockers and ore, etc.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It depends on the mission but typically people in groups charge for the objective as fast as they can. You won't keep them from extracting if you're not as fast as them though, once two+ people are in the extraction zone it starts a 1-minute timer until the mission ends.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

If you specifically want loot/resources, there are mission types where the objective is to defend a thing against waves of attackers, or to just raise hell for a while.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Captain Oblivious posted:

Oh and while I'm in a Warframe mood:

How'd Oberon Rework The Sequel pan out? Is he still aggressively mediocre in every way? :v:

He's pretty good now. I can't think of a particular content where he would be better than any other frame but all of his powers are useful and has influence in fights. His 4 is still not a room cleaner (maybe it shouldn't) so he's mostly a CC frame with his 1 being more reliable for killing. He is very energy hungry though. Zenurik is a must unless you have an EV Trinity helping out.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

wid posted:

He's pretty good now. I can't think of a particular content where he would be better than any other frame but all of his powers are useful and has influence in fights. His 4 is still not a room cleaner (maybe it shouldn't) so he's mostly a CC frame with his 1 being more reliable for killing. He is very energy hungry though. Zenurik is a must unless you have an EV Trinity helping out.

So, Oberon but even Oberon-y-er. Better than nothing I guess :v:

Edit: http://warframe-builder.com/Warfram...5-9_0/en/1-0-54

How's this look for a basic nuOberon build? He has my favorite aesthetic in the game so drat it I want the big dumb goat druid paladin to be fun.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Sep 10, 2017

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker
Be careful with your spacecats folks. There's a terrible power lurking inside them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6-LXBJxrNQ

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Oberon got two buffs: Hallowed Ground actually covers a meaningful area, and Phoenix Renewal.

Phoenix Renewal should be in every build that can sustain Renewal because instead of dying you get a full restore and are invincible for a few seconds. It has a 90 second cooldown, with a red icon indicator and timer perfect for making fun of people for wearing the scarlet mark of shame.

It is extremely convenient for pubbing.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Johnny Joestar posted:

you don't, you wait for the plains of eidolon update which will involve a revamp of the focus system
I don't know that they explicitly confirmed this? Plains is coming soon, of course, and they've talked a lot about combining the Focus system with the War Within system somehow, but I don't think they actually said that that combination was coming with Plains.

They did preview some of the 'new Operator gear' stuff which will allow you to buff your Operator powers, which they intended to get out with Plains, but I don't think there's any Operator stuff beyond that in this coming patch. Best guess is that gets rolled into the next cinematic quest which I guess will also add Umbra stuff.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

BoneMonkey posted:

So the photo mode is fun!

Lemme see your tryhard fashion frames!

Also I joined the clan. That dojo, guys. Its like reverse tryharding in there, jeez.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

My man.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

He really hates that floor!

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

So I got a question about clans.

I've joined the goon clan and its cool and dope, and have already played with one awesome dude from it. But its huge and everything is kinda already done in it? Its like I joined IBM rather than a tech start up.

so I guess what I'm asking (while trying my best to not sound ungrateful.) Am I missing out by not being part of a clan from the beginning? Or is making a clan as boring as poo poo?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

All you're missing is grinding out research for the stuff you can get in the clan labs.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

BoneMonkey posted:

Making a clan as boring as poo poo

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

All you're missing is grinding out research for the stuff you can get in the clan labs.

Basically this. There isn't fun and excitement with a new clan, just monotony you are avoiding.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

cool cool. thanks dudes.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Does the clan have a Discord? Because if not, it really should. Mostly because it's seemingly impossible to find Goons to play with.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
You're missing out on farming bosses over and over for specific color hue that you research in the clan labs to color your clan walls.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Denzine posted:

Oberon got two buffs: Hallowed Ground actually covers a meaningful area, and Phoenix Renewal.

Phoenix Renewal should be in every build that can sustain Renewal because instead of dying you get a full restore and are invincible for a few seconds. It has a 90 second cooldown, with a red icon indicator and timer perfect for making fun of people for wearing the scarlet mark of shame.

It is extremely convenient for pubbing.

Phoenix Renewal is great, but before you could suicide when downed it was way better to not run it. Nothing funnier than watching John Q. Pubbie drop and get saddled with a three-minute revive timer. "Yeah I'll get back to you in a bit man, be a turret of shame for a minute."

Of course it doesn't work anymore...

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Grondoth posted:

how the HECK do you get focus at any reasonable rate

1. Put a lens on a warframe that is good at hydron.
2. Put a lens on a weapon that is good at hydron.
3. Unequip all other weapons without lenses.
4. Do hydron and cap your 100,000 daily focus.

VolticSurge posted:

Does the clan have a Discord? Because if not, it really should. Mostly because it's seemingly impossible to find Goons to play with.

What? You just need to ask people in clan chat. I make groups literally all the time for different stuff and never have problems.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Washout posted:

1. Put a lens on a warframe that is good at hydron.
2. Put a lens on a weapon that is good at hydron.
3. Unequip all other weapons without lenses.
4. Do hydron and cap your 100,000 daily focus.

What? You just need to ask people in clan chat. I make groups literally all the time for different stuff and never have problems.

Yeah what time are you playing? Or are you on a shameful console? I've only seen clan chat empty on PC at like 2 in the morning and even then there's been days where I've grouped with dudes from other continents.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

There's always several games going on but they're always full. Then there's the fact that I don't seem to be in the clan anymore...for some reason. I already re-submitted my application form.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

VolticSurge posted:

Ya, it's linked in the OP:
https://discord.gg/4AGSWSp

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Alright, thanks. Now I hope I can re-join the clan before I have to leave for B.C. Considering I'm gone for a week and a couple days it'd probably expire by the time I get back.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

You should have an invite waiting already.

The only time people get kicked for reasons other than being a profound shitlord (a very rare occurrence, thankfully) is to make room when the clan hits the membership cap, at which point I typically take some time to cull the ranks of inactive players until I get bored of clicking. That's usually around the "has logged in some time in the past six months or so" neighborhood, so the working definition of an active player is pretty loose. If you haven't logged in in longer than that, though, it is likely that you'll get dropped in the next purge.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Alright, thanks for the info. Edit:Also, I haven't yet received an invite. My Warframe username is Norhgal1. I made the account after a pub friend got me into this game in the first place, before I even knew about the Goon clan. If I could change my username, I would.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 10, 2017

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
So I just finished War Within, and managed to pub my way through the sortie and wasn't very useful at all against the enemies. Right now I have a one x formaed Hek, Rhino, Excal, most of the corrupted mods and nightmare mods. I'm looking for advice on what I should focus my time on to be useful, I'm not really sure what frame to go for and what weapons are end game I would like to have at least one solid formaed weapon and useful end game frame to play with, and I don't really want to waste time on formaing things that aren't very useful. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Sancti Tigris/Tigris Prime are solid shotgun choices and I really like the Lenz despite not being into bows. For secondaries I recommend Synoid Gammacore. Melee is pretty useful throughout, though there are standouts like Nikana Prime, Galatine Prime, Fragor Prime Sancti Magistar and the Destreza.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
The Lenz is less a bow, and more a WMD masquerading as a bow.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Destro posted:

So I just finished War Within, and managed to pub my way through the sortie and wasn't very useful at all against the enemies. Right now I have a one x formaed Hek, Rhino, Excal, most of the corrupted mods and nightmare mods. I'm looking for advice on what I should focus my time on to be useful, I'm not really sure what frame to go for and what weapons are end game I would like to have at least one solid formaed weapon and useful end game frame to play with, and I don't really want to waste time on formaing things that aren't very useful. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Well, the pump action shotgun that was just released is level 100 sortie ready with just a potato (or a lot of forma) in it. Slap the usual damage mods on it, including blaze( if you dont have it ask in clan chat), and some dual stat mods and you are golden. It takes a forma to build though. It's done researching in the clan dojo if you are on PC.

Excal and Rhino are both end game frames. If you want a frame with TONS of utility, Frost is your main guy. He does everything well, look into his augments for additional utility. Nova and Banshee are also great supporters and room cleaners, but not much on the defense side like frost is. Pretty much all frames are "end game" viable. But if you want someone to tell you where to start your collectathon, start there I guess? Weapons are more varied in that they range from MR fodder to literal space programs to existence erasers. I don't know what MR you are, but since you got a Hek, look into the Vaykor Hek, or Tigris, Lex Prime, and uhhh... jeeze theres so many guns its hard to just pick a few out.

Basically, it is time to start getting relics and opening them for loot and formas and start building those.

Broose fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Sep 11, 2017

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

The regular Hek is fine for end game content if you run the multishot Syndicate mod for it. Tigris Prime and Vaykor Hek are both kind of a ways out there at MR12.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Destro posted:

If you get the syndicate mod for Hek, that weapon is end game worthy. If you enjoy the Hek so much, then your next project could be Vaykor Hek, but it requires a full Primed Ravage to be better than the Hek.

If you want more shotguns, Tigris is nice, Sancti Tigris is end game worthy and Tigris Prime is pulled out when you feel like killing God that day. Sobek is great room clearer if you have the syndicate mod but struggles in end game. Goons love Kohm for gibbing though I personally feel meh about it.

For frames, go get Frost. He's essential for carrying a team in defense missions. Also go for Loki so spy missions are easier. Nova is also good for clearing rooms.

Also, you should know that "end game" here is just highest level content that you just grind endlessly but you don't really have to do it. The real end game is collecting everything and making your frame as pretty as possible.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

Here's my current Hek build, not sure if it's worth formaing more or not. It seems fine for everything except sortie mobs. I also did pick up the free frost prime with the amazon prime trial which I promptly cancelled after getting the frame. I do have a Lex Prime, not potatoed. But right now my Rhino and Frost are mainly what I use. And I am currently MR 8

Destro fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Sep 11, 2017

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Lex Prime is the best sniper in the game.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Destro posted:

Did you buy the Sands of Inaros quest when Baro was just here? I'm quite fond of the immortal mummy man.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Zereth posted:

Did you buy the Sands of Inaros quest when Baro was just here? I'm quite fond of the immortal mummy man.

Wait til you get Primed Fury, it ups the finisher speed for dessication (berserker doesn't)

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Well, I guess I beat Warframe. I've mastered all 50 frames that are available to me. :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Wow, how many hours played?