Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Where are the servitors in the EDZ? It seems almost impossible to find them wandering around and I haven't had much luck finding the ether resupply event either.

Anime_Otaku posted:

I played the first game but tapped out after the first or second expansion (I went back and did some of the Taken King but didn't finish because I was running it solo, didn't play the Iron legion expansion at all) how far behind will I be going into the second game, also I never really did much of the PvP so that's not an issue.

Not behind at all, the carryover is only cosmetic. You don't even particularly need to know the D1 storylines beyond the basic premise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

QuasiQuack posted:

Do Titan's and warlock's class abilities cool down as fast as hunter's?

My Titan's grenades take a bit to recharge with my current build, but my melee charges very fast.

I use Insurmountable Skullfort with Striker. As long as my melee kills, I get the charge back immediately. Even if I don't have the charge, killing an enemy with my melee triggers health regeneration and recharges the melee hit. It's great when I really need to heal and I have no cover nearby.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it looks like stats either cap or stop updating at ten, so my dreams of being a 0/15/0 build may be dead :(

acidblue
Apr 30, 2005
nerdboy
Just applied to the 13th Overflow clan with the comma. PSN: AcidBlueDoD. I'm still leveling, but feel free to add me for lots of fun times!

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

haveblue posted:

Where are the servitors in the EDZ? It seems almost impossible to find them wandering around and I haven't had much luck finding the ether resupply event either.

The round courtyard in the north-east of Outskirts has an event that spawns a big servitor that periodically summons a bunch of small ones, enough to get the 5 kill challenge.

I dont know if this was ever the case in D1, but when you encounter some fluff story item in the world and the ghost symbol appears in the top right of the screen, if you pull your ghost out it will pivot and look directly at whatever it is that it detected.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Sentinel ward is kind of poo poo since there's no weapons or blessing of light now

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

actionjackson posted:

Sentinel ward is kind of poo poo since there's no weapons or blessing of light now

The version that you can crouch behind is p. good because it auto-reloads your weapons. Particularly when you're doing some kind of defend the point objective, you can just lay down an incredibly steady stream of fire anywhere in front of you. Like, you literally have to duck down for a nano-second to fully reload your weapon while you're behind the wall.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
sentinel ward is great because enemies cannot shoot me with their guns while i'm in it and in pvp idiots will run into it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

VanillaGorilla posted:

The version that you can crouch behind is p. good because it auto-reloads your weapons. Particularly when you're doing some kind of defend the point objective, you can just lay down an incredibly steady stream of fire anywhere in front of you. Like, you literally have to duck down for a nano-second to fully reload your weapon while you're behind the wall.

Use it with an auto rifle or SMG to understand the true meaning of the term "bullet hose".

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
use it with a sweet business

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Why is there no Nightfall matchmaking, ugh. If you can let me attempt a solo run, a quick group shouldn't be out of the question._.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
quick someone post the steve matchmaking gif

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Anybody managed to get the Rat King? We bashed our Titan Balls in a drawer for a couple hours last night but couldn't quite get it.

G1ZM0
Jun 20, 2002

Request sent to KINK -

Pastramishaman

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

poptart_fairy posted:

Why is there no Nightfall matchmaking, ugh. If you can let me attempt a solo run, a quick group shouldn't be out of the question._.

Nightfall didn't have matchmaking in D1 either. I think it would be fine again if they had a weekly milestone for strikes, but they don't for some reason.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Do armor mods that increase weapon damage do anything in the Crucible?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

quick someone post the steve matchmaking gif

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I don't know how to search for clans on the bungie site and it's being weird for me. Can someone shoot me an invite to a clan? poo poo didn't work on mobile and I'm finally on a comp to be able to take care of it. PSN: Soulex13

edit: Joined discord, applied to the 5th PSN overflow. Holy Moly

Soulex fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 10, 2017

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

VanillaGorilla posted:

I just mean it's better to use the other skill tree that doesn't have ward. You can use the barrier with either

Zochness
May 13, 2009

I AM James Bond.
Pillbug
I never played Destiny 1, and I've really enjoyed this so far. It's a good game when you can run around as a golden space anime warlock princess.

Applied to the 5th goon clan, same PSN/SA username.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

I like how instead of grinding to level up weapons and armor the idea now is to gently caress around, have legendaries barfed at you, then break them down for shards for other stuff. It's a lot more fun.

Destiny 1 was a game for FPS and RPG gamers and it was played differently than the devs expected. But Destiny 2 is made for Destiny players (for good and bad) and it shows. I have no idea how the game will feel for people that have never played Destiny before, perhaps very confusing.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

Do armor mods that increase weapon damage do anything in the Crucible?

can you post a screenshot? i haven't even seen any armor mods that increase weapon damage.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

can you post a screenshot? i haven't even seen any armor mods that increase weapon damage.

The legendary weapon mods that add +5 to the Power Level

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
Do post here if I want to get approved Bigg Dumbb Space Mans with my stupid nic aophax for PS4.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I wonder how long before we see exotic weapon and armor mods.

I look forward to hitting 280 and actually being able to use the gunsmith to make more purple mods.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
mfw the power ammo is up and i got my sword out

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXieZsrlJSv/

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Dollas posted:

Today, The Best Halo Yet, a wholly owned xbox goon clan subsidiary, will have the nightfall clan reward.

Is clan xp contribution capped at 5k per char or per account?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Sancho posted:

Is clan xp contribution capped at 5k per char or per account?

per char

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The legendary weapon mods that add +5 to the Power Level

i've seen those, but those aren't armor mods, obviously

for those curious, the +5 attack weapon mods only increase the items light level, so they have no impact in quickplay/comp

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Nifft posted:

Do post here if I want to get approved Bigg Dumbb Space Mans with my stupid nic aophax for PS4.

You, mcahill, and RedRightAnkle are all in now! Thank you.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
is there a reason you guys can't just accept whoever is applying to your clans? half the posts in this thread are just people saying 'add me to the club'

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

is there a reason you guys can't just accept whoever is applying to your clans? half the posts in this thread are just people saying 'add me to the club'

because there's a 100 member cap per clan and the interface is only half functional!!!! relax bruh

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
don't worry, i'm sure once 85 more people buy an xbox one your clan will be full too

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

don't worry, i'm sure once 85 more people buy an xbox one your clan will be full too

we're fuller than your mom on a friday night

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
empty, then? seems a bit redundant to confirm my joke, imo

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Maybe just start a PGS thread for the clan application crap.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

My bad, I meant recoil, damage is on weapons. I guess my real question is do mods apply at all in the Crucible?

Also I've gotten six exotics (only one's armor), broken down enough stuff for 30 shards, have 230 or so light, and I'm decked out in legendaries. I guess I'm ready for the raid and nightfall when I get to it. :v:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Don't worry, in three weeks we'll have half the posts in the thread being "okay, most people stopped playing, we need to consolidate the clans..." posts.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Tei posted:

Destiny 1 was a game for FPS and RPG gamers and it was played differently than the devs expected. But Destiny 2 is made for Destiny players (for good and bad) and it shows. I have no idea how the game will feel for people that have never played Destiny before, perhaps very confusing.

It has always struck me as a weird game structure but I just assumed this is how most MMORPGs are, which I have no experience with

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RBA Starblade posted:

My bad, I meant recoil, damage is on weapons. I guess my real question is do mods apply at all in the Crucible?

Also I've gotten six exotics (only one's armor), broken down enough stuff for 30 shards, have 230 or so light, and I'm decked out in legendaries. I guess I'm ready for the raid and nightfall when I get to it. :v:

Mods definitely apply in crucible but it sounds like LL doesn't any more in any mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

haveblue posted:

Mods definitely apply in crucible but it sounds like LL doesn't any more in any mode?

it will probably apply in trials and the iron banner equivalent. there wasn't any level-enabled pvp in at d1 launch, either